IGNORED

IT'S HAPPENING

Shtanley

13 minutes ago, EASTEND WURZEL said:

no ambition, no future, clueless appointment if it comes to fruition. what contacts has L.J got at higher level ?? what experience has he got at setting up teams to compete against players of the like of Tom Huddelstone? who can he lift the phone to and call to gain quality youngsters from premiere league academy's.?  without a 'name' or at the very least a manager of reputation who has managed in the highest league we are NEVER going to go forward and I would go as far as to say that appointment would put one foot firmly in the 3rd tier.  IT CANNOT BE ALLOWED TO HAPPEN !!!

Well in his previous jobs he has gotten players in from Man Utd, Arsenal, Villa and Newcastle to name 4 Premier League sides

If we did give the job to LJ, there is a chance that with his fresh outlook and energy, he could develop a new winning mentality within the culture of the club, and secure our safety.

There is also the very likely possibility that with zero championship coaching experience, he could be out of his depth and struggle to adapt, which would 100% mean relegation.

Very risky strategy if we do go down this route.

12 minutes ago, EASTEND WURZEL said:

without a 'name' or at the very least a manager of reputation who has managed in the highest league

Jesus wept.

You are currently fighting a relegation battle in the CHAMPIONSHIP. Not a play-off race, a relegation battle. Not in the premier league, but the Championship. What on earth makes you think you can attract managers like you have described? You're deluded if you think Moyes or Pearson or even Monk would have come to you.

As for the guy who said he would stop supporting if he's appointed, maybe you should go and support Rovers? No club needs fans like that.

I hope Johnson turns your season around and all the twunts on here who are fuming about this, implode and have a nervous breakdown.

**** me, I thought our forum was negative.

Good luck and I hope you stay up.

4 minutes ago, ForeverRed said:

This is the same downbeat reaction as we had to Cott's appointment. He turned us around and took us forward. If LJ is appointed I will back him 100% to do the same. What's he done wrong as a manager?

yes but he is a different person and we are in a different position. If LJ is appointed I have to support that decision because I support Bristol City. I don't have to like it.

@EASTEND WURZEL LJ can attract prem youngsters, he's had Man Utd kids at Barnsley.  I'd imagine that was for mostly geographical reasons but maybe he is best pals with someone there :blink:

Believe me I really don't want him, can't believe yet again City are going down this path.  LJ will have ZERO room for mistakes, the crowd will be on him from day one.

What I don't understand is within days of SC leaving we had 30+ applicants for the job. Does this mean then that we have interviewed them and decided non were fit for purpose and we are going after LJ? Did we not both to interview any of them? Was LJ always our number 1 target. 

Another thing I don't understand is the length of time it has taken to make a decision.

2 minutes ago, TomPNE said:

Jesus wept.

You are currently fighting a relegation battle in the CHAMPIONSHIP. Not a play-off race, a relegation battle. Not in the premier league, but the Championship. What on earth makes you think you can attract managers like you have described? You're deluded if you think Moyes or Pearson or even Monk would have come to you.

As for the guy who said he would stop supporting if he's appointed, maybe you should go and support Rovers? No club needs fans like that.

I hope Johnson turns your season around and all the twunts on here who are fuming about this, implode and have a nervous breakdown.

Sorry but why do you care?

1 minute ago, TomPNE said:

Jesus wept.

The delusion of our fan base can be ridiculous to the point of embarrassing. Despite 120 years of **** all, we seem to think we're a big club. 

8 minutes ago, Selred said:

He kept Oldham up, he then had a bad start at Barnsley but has turned that around. For me that's ample experience, Moyes was never in a relegation battle, Monk was failing in his. 

I'm not convinced that keeping Oldham up translates to doing likewise with us.

Far too many differences between the clubs and the respective leagues.

1 hour ago, 29AR said:

I'm not convinced we have. We have playing wise, but managerial I reserve judgment. There's Eddie Howe, there's Gary Rowett, there's Karl Robinson arguably, Steve Evans, Neil Redfearn, Sean Dyche, Adkins, McDermott which all refute that.

In respect of SC I'm not convinced whether we have seen that. He may have had his limitations, or he may have been working in adverse circumstances, or it may have been both... but I don't think it necessarily amounts to a 'massive step up'.

FWIW if in January you'd offered me LJ for SC I'd have said no chance. I wouldn't have sacked SC in all honesty. But once that happened I see LJ as the best of the reasonable candidates. Moyes, Pearson, they were each as outlandish as our transfer policy and would be the same mistakes: they aren't coming I'd be certain of that. Neither can take a championship relegation on their CV so they aren't going to gamble on us: especially when SC failed to land targets and they've no room to recruit now. Monk I can see why he'd be attractive, not why he'd be more attractive than LJ however.

I don't think there's any doubt it's a big step up, it's certainly proving so for BCFC and everyone involved at all levels of the club.

You'll know you don't have to make a case out for SC to me, but even with a number of years of solid management history in the Championship when all's said and done the club had struggled to get results this season - so what chance a new man with no experience at this level? Cotterill has not only years of Championship experience but has never had a relegation on his CV at any level so in his case we had good reason to hope he would continue that proud record and grind out the necessary results after strengthening in the January window. He's got history of keeping clubs up despite extremely trying circumstances.

With LJ it will be very much a step into the unknown for him, and would be at this stage whether his first chance at this level was at AG or not. It's possible he'll take to it like a duck to water, but unlikely, and if he were to be appointed and then take City down it would not augur well for a long term successful future at AG.

Many fans remain upset at SC's sacking and the end of season uproar and disillusionment if we go on to be relegated after appointing a relative novice as his replacement doesn't bear thinking about.

You have an optimistic view of LJ and have argued his case for a long time, Fair enough, just as likely as him proving a success though is the worst case scenario where another managerial change is made at Christmas with City in the lower half of L1, and LJ having proved totally out of his depth.

2 minutes ago, Big C said:

Well in his previous jobs he has gotten players in from Man Utd, Arsenal, Villa and Newcastle to name 4 Premier League sides

This is more to do with location of both football clubs.

This isn't intended as a slight at LJ I have no idea if he will be good or not. Time will tell if he gets the job. As spudski is always hanging on about some people are the right fit at the right club. LJ may be that blood. I do know he has been qualifying to be a coach for years and is very focused as a manager or head coach.

Good luck to him if he gets it. I am sure many of those that held him up as the boo boy at the time will try and bound him out

2 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I'm not convinced that keeping Oldham up translates to doing likewise with us.

Far too many differences between the clubs and the respective leagues.

With theirs amongst the very smallest budgets and gates in the league, you'd argue that sustaining Oldham at that level is a much more difficult task than keeping a reasonably well supported team backed by a billionaire from being amongst the three worst in the Championship. 

3 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

yes but he is a different person and we are in a different position. If LJ is appointed I have to support that decision because I support Bristol City. I don't have to like it.

Were we not bottom, or one off in, albeit a lower division when Cott's came in. And he wasn't exactly setting the world on fire when he joined us?

Archived