IGNORED

LJ Official Three and a half year deal

Nibor

wouldn't sweat it mate, past history indicates first better offer he gets he'll be off like sh1t off a shovel! ask Oldham and Barnsley fans.

Ignore the user name BTW it should be Barnsley but the 'l' went missing somewhere on registration, just thought you might like our perspective ?

Its really weird we have lost managers before but not with this reaction, some  are a bit disappointed, I would say the majority don't care either way, and some think it will save us the compensation we would have had to pay him when he ultimately got the sack.

Our club stuck with him through some lousy times when we endured formations that many fans found baffling and extremely boring, then there was the longest losing streak in living memory prior to us just having a winning streak during which we have played some decent stuff. That's it really, anyway good luck!!

1 minute ago, Murraysrightplum said:

It does seem they have employed someone who fits into or is happy to fit into the current structure at the club. SC leaving when he did strikes me as though there was a big bust up in the board room over the way the club was being run. Big names like Pearson, Moyes etc would demand total control and that's why we've ended up with LJ

IMHO of course

Agree

12 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

Sigh. Because there are still people here who have issues with his father and with him. He will be on a hiding to nothing. Of course the fanbase shouldn't make the decisions, but their attitudes should be taken into account.

Why should the board not appoint who they think is best for the job because some of the fans are narrow-minded and bear ridiculous grudges? 

12 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

How do we know it's a mistake? He hasn't even managed a game yet ...

city fans love to wallow in self pity - if he does well he'll be lauded, if he doesn't he'll be sacked same as any manager. 

for some of us pal a long long time its what makes us strong but some of us older fans are so used to it we will give LJ our support.if he wins, we all win, but if he loses......................another one bites the dust :trumpet:

Just now, Harry said:

Why should the board not appoint who they think is best for the job because some of the fans are narrow-minded and bear ridiculous grudges? 

Why do you think? God knows it's difficult enough being a manager without that extra baggage :(

Not massively excited by LJ's appointment, but very happy we now have someone in. Hopefully 3 points today will be the perfect start.

He's young, knows the club and is apparently meticulous in his work. All sounds good to me. 

Apparently, according to MA:

“There are substantial synergies in the way that we think and the way that we believe football departments should be operated.

Honestly, what does that even mean?! Just leave it at he's the right man for the job. Just give us the information, keep the fluff.

Just now, ScottishRed said:

We have a winner!

City’s chief operating officer Mark Ashton told bcfc.co.uk: “Lee is a very bright, intelligent young man who is highly motivated and very detailed in his approach. He’s well-known to the club; fans, stakeholders and staff.

“He is one of the up and coming coaches in the country and having interviewed him, I had no hesitation in recommending to the Board that Lee is the right fit for this football club.
 During the interview MA said 'Look into my eyes, you feel sleepy, you will do as I say, I watched how the fans loved you here, remember, when you wake up you will do as I say'

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Like some people did from day dot with SC like?.

Indeed. I was against the appointment of SC but as soon as it was done I got behind him. Never once did I boo or jeer and I cheered on the team as loud as I always have done. No threats of booing or throwing my season ticket away and never returning. It's bloody ridiculous. 

If I was able to get behind SC, inspite of not liking him as a character / person, then why can't others drop their petty grudges for LJ? 

Just now, Spike said:

3.5 years is a bad decision in my eyes, guess I'll have to give him a chance but hugely underwhelming for me. I see us yoyo-ing between League One and the Championship for some time now. Hopefully I'll be proved wrong.

Spike knowing us the string on the yoyo will break !!

7 minutes ago, kivsy said:

Joke appointment.    Gutted 

Why is it a "joke"? Sorry, I just don't get the anger and negativity in some of what's being said today. 

You might not agree with the thinking behind it, and you might have preferred to see someone else appointed - although with the greatest respect I doubt that you're in a position to know whether that someone else would have even entertained the idea of coming to us - but it's an appointment that's totally in line with what the club has been saying for the past 2-3 weeks.

A highly regarded young coach, who knows the  club and the Board, who will be supported by an experienced Director of Football (who's already made some pretty astute transfer dealings) and a more experienced number 2 - and I suspect that LJ will give a lot more regard to Pembo's thoughts and views than Cotterill ever did - as is now pretty clear.

Personally I think that - along with all the other decisions and appointments - its a good appointment and we've got someone who will focus on coaching and on bringing players on/making players better - something we've been lacking under Cotterill. I respect the fact that you might have a different view about the person and about the strategy the club has - but it's not a 'joke' - it's a very coherent approach to the way that SL wants the club to go. I just hope that he holds his nerve.

13 minutes ago, Murraysrightplum said:

It does seem they have employed someone who fits into or is happy to fit into the current structure at the club. SC leaving when he did strikes me as though there was a big bust up in the board room over the way the club was being run. Big names like Pearson, Moyes etc would demand total control and that's why we've ended up with LJ

IMHO of course

Think you're spot on. No one person is bigger than the Club. Same as in any proper business - or should be!

13 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

Why do you think? God knows it's difficult enough being a manager without that extra baggage :(

SC dealt with it very well

Its a punt for LJ too. He's been building a solid reputation and he's now gambling on his abilities to work with our squad - no market - to keep us up and not have a blot on his CV. 

Archived