IGNORED

On my way back....

Londoner

Odd game, next to no clear cut chances and we were not nearly as good as previously...

Charlton poor, long ball is all they had to the big man who made Wilbraham look like Usain Bolt.

I do feel we need 2 up top cos nothing stuck, it's not kodjias game as well know but worked his socks off.

Back four all excellent....Reid anonymous and needs a spell on the sidelines, tomlin had a quiet game until he came off.

But 3 points all that matters....Pack immense, Freeman dangerous, and a very solid back 5.....if only we could create more.

1 minute ago, Londoner said:

Odd game, next to no clear cut chances and we were not nearly as good as previously...

Charlton poor, long ball is all they had to the big man who made Wilbraham look like Usain Bolt.

I do feel we need 2 up top cos nothing stuck, it's not kodjias game as well know but worked his socks off.

Back four all excellent....Reid anonymous and needs a spell on the sidelines, tomlin had a quiet game until he came off.

But 3 points all that matters....Pack immense, Freeman dangerous, and a very solid back 5.....if only we could create more.

........and then got quieter I presume.......

36 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Then he had a party on the subs bench?

37 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Reid is too similar to our head coach when he played, very lightweight. 

Todays starting team would be fine next week but hopefully bryan can play left and get Tomlin more central. He'll be more effective there than stuck out on the wing. 

Just now, nickolas said:

Todays starting team would be fine next week but hopefully bryan can play left and get Tomlin more central. He'll be more effective there than stuck out on the wing. 

That is what I would do. And if we can get another forward in this week we should be ok. What we need to do is follow up today with another win next week...something we haven't managed all season. That would make a huge difference.

16 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Was surprised to see Reid start in the conditions, knowing that a stiff breeze can knock him off the ball. 

Interesting how we see things differently.

i agree - back 5 were brilliant, including Little who be been critical of over the last appearances. Goldbourne looks good, but just wish he'd deliver the ball earlier.

I thought freeman was poor today up until 75 mins, and Korey didn't  look his composed self.

What a difference Wilbs made though. Took the game by the scruff of the neck, a real thorn in Charltons side and he kept everyone on their game. 

Just now, Lordofthebling said:

Interesting how we see things differently.

i agree - back 5 were brilliant, including Little who be been critical of over the last appearances. Goldbourne looks good, but just wish he'd deliver the ball earlier.

I thought freeman was poor today up until 75 mins, and Korey didn't  look his composed self.

What a difference Wilbs made though. Took the game by the scruff of the neck, a real thorn in Charltons side and he kept everyone on their game. 

Value of fresh subs, not waiting until everyone is knackered. Still a very useful squad player our Wilbs.

17 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

Was surprised to see Reid start in the conditions, knowing that a stiff breeze can knock him off the ball. 

With Gladwin on his way back to QPR and Bryan unavailable there wasn't much choice.

Just now, Numero Uno said:

Why is Gladwin going back to QPR? Missed that.

Just now, Rudolf Hucker said:

Is he?

Has a persistent knee injury so is going for an assessment.

Shame; he look useful even if unfit against Leeds.

Here's hoping the curse of the Bristol City one game loan player doesn't strike again!

Was at the game today.

Defence: Flint, Baker and O'Donnell were great...but they didn't really have much of a threat to deal with.  Golbourne was possibly MOM for me.

Midfield: this got a lot better once Reid went off as he had a difficult time.  I thought Tomlin was wasted on the left where he kept running out of space. The Charlton number 20 did well to close Tomlin down quickly and basically marked him out of the game.  I think we'd do better to put Freeman or Burns on the left and move Tomlin into the middle.

Attack: Kodjia was ok but isolated.  Again I think having Tomlin in the middle would help Kodjia.  Once we had Wilbs and Agard on and played a traditional 4-4-2 we looked more threatening.  Kodjia is not a loan striker.

PS. That was the worst penalty I've seen in a long time. Tomlin was lucky to get that past the goalie.

Just now, ExiledAjax said:

Was at the game today.

Defence: Flint, Baker and O'Donnell were great...but they didn't really have much of a threat to deal with.  Golbourne was possibly MOM for me.

Midfield: this got a lot better once Reid went off as he had a difficult time.  I thought Tomlin was wasted on the left where he kept running out of space. The Charlton number 20 did well to close Tomlin down quickly and basically marked him out of the game.  I think we'd do better to put Freeman or Burns on the left and move Tomlin into the middle.

Attack: Kodjia was ok but isolated.  Again I think having Tomlin in the middle would help Kodjia.  Once we had Wilbs and Agard on and played a traditional 4-4-2 we looked more threatening.  Kodjia is not a loan striker.

PS. That was the worst penalty I've seen in a long time. Tomlin was lucky to get that past the goalie.

Correct. We signed him in the summer!

6 minutes ago, samo II said:

Has a persistent knee injury so is going for an assessment.

Shame; he look useful even if unfit against Leeds.

Here's hoping the curse of the Bristol City one game loan player doesn't strike again!

Thanks. I wasn't aware of this. Perhaps will create flexibility for LLJ to bring in a couple of new loanees?

5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Was at the game today.

on the pen - just watched it on sky sports.. difficult one penalties, keeper dives to the side and you go down the middle you say great pen, same as when people say weak pen if the keeper guesses the right way but if the keeper dives the opposite way its a great calm penalty. for what its worth, and as a gk I'd say always go down the middle, very rare the keeper stays still like that

1 minute ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Thanks. I wasn't aware of this. Perhaps will create flexibility for LLJ to bring in a couple of new loanees?

Not sure if his loan has been cancelled, and would be a shame if so, as having a big lad like him in the attacking third was helpful against Leeds.

But, yes; if it gives us another loan slot, would be the worst thing in the world.

Not a bad summary. I thought it was two poor sides today though. Still created very little but thankfully we look so much more solid defensively. O'Donnell makes such a difference, as does a back 4.

It was a massive 3 points but we still need to improve. LJ has work to do but if we get a decent striker in on loan I will be far more confident. Bobby Reid was anonymous again and we can't afford to be carrying players.

Still a huge 3 points. Big thanks to Pembo & Wade. Very pleased both are staying at the club.

Archived