IGNORED

Coach 5 Yesterday

tomhbcfc

49 minutes ago, tomhbcfc said:

Greetings all,

I have just received an email from David Lloyd; he agreed that what had happened was not fair, and after speaking to Peter Carol we will all be getting refund for the coach trip.

Is this just for coach travel, any compo for missing 1/3 of the match due to the problems with the coach? If the coach had been in order we would have made the match, therefore in my opinion we have a claim for that too?

Just now, RedM said:

Is this just for coach travel, any compo for missing 1/3 of the match due to the problems with the coach? If the coach had been in order we would have made the match, therefore in my opinion we have a claim for that too?

I believe it's just for the coach travel M, DL told me had spoken to Peter Carol and this was agreed. Yes I was thinking we should arguably get match tickets refunded too, definitely worth a try

Just now, RedM said:

Is this just for coacyf travel, any compo for missing 1/3 of the match due to the problems with the coach? If the coach had been in order we would have made the match, therefore in my opinion we have a claim for that too?

Surely by virtue of the butterfly effect, If youd been there the goal wouldnt have happened.

Is the response I Imagine youll get.

2 minutes ago, tomhbcfc said:

I believe it's just for the coach travel M, DL told me had spoken to Peter Carol and this was agreed. Yes I was thinking we should arguably get match tickets refunded too, definitely worth a try

The only problem is the tickets come through Charlton I believe? So I doubt they would refund us

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

The only problem is the tickets come through Charlton I believe? So I doubt they would refund us

But we went on official coaches which had a duty to get us to the match ( which was the SOLE purpose of the trip, it wasnt some sightseeing tour). They failed. That's going to be my argument.

yes. DL, no doubt you are reading this. Expect an email...

38 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Surely by virtue of the butterfly effect, If youd been there the goal wouldnt have happened.

Is the response I Imagine youll get.

I always think that.

If I'd been there, the ball MAY have been kicked out to me in the stands. I MAY have thrown it to a different player.....totally different ball game (literally )!     Odd cove, phenomenology !

2 hours ago, RedM said:

But we went on official coaches which had a duty to get us to the match ( which was the SOLE purpose of the trip, it wasnt some sightseeing tour). They failed. That's going to be my argument.

yes. DL, no doubt you are reading this. Expect an email...

good luck with a refund, if you get a complete refund tell us and I will get my mum on the case!!

Modern CATS coach trips are relatively straightforward compared to when I started to go to away matches by coach in the 1960s.  In those days, far less people owned cars, so it was normal to do a tour around Bristol dropping people off on the return trip. This was fine if you were one of the first off, but if you were last, it could add an hour or more to the journey.

I am surprised this sort of thing isn't covered in BCFC's agreement with their contracted supplier - Peter Carol.

There should be some clauses in the contract that states customers shall be fully refunded if the supplier fails to deliver the service required when it is clearly their responsibility

For example:

If not enough coaches turn up, if they break down, the driver gets lost or follows a route that is clearly wrong then that is the responsibility of the coach company, if they choose to subcontract to other companies it is still their responsibility.

If the coaches are delayed by unforeseen traffic (eg pile up/motorway closure etc), or rerouted by the OB,  then that is clearly not their fault providing they departed at the agreed time. Therefore NOT liable

Simple enough and I don't know why DL has to try and sort this out each time something happens - The people booking the travel should have it all nailed down.

On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 13:56, Countryfile said:

Millwall a couple of years ago was a similar nightmare, drivers not knowing where to go, missed most of the first half, stopped at Reading services on the way back because the drivers had overrun their time and had to wait for relief drivers from Bristol.

Those coaches were Eastville if I remember, the job having been subbed out by Peter Carol.

Ten quid off your next trip was the compensation I think, Dont remember taking them up on that.

No need for the driver to have stopped at the services at all if he hadn't exceeded his driving time.

I was also on that trip, the drivers got to the wrong police meet point and told them they weren't coming to find us, so the drivers told them they were gonna drive down old kent road and let us off to walk, hey presto the police met us 2 miles down the road.

AND I never claimed my £10, would David Lloyd chase that up for me?

14 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Modern CATS coach trips are relatively straightforward compared to when I started to go to away matches by coach in the 1960s.  In those days, far less people owned cars, so it was normal to do a tour around Bristol dropping people off on the return trip. This was fine if you were one of the first off, but if you were last, it could add an hour or more to the journey.

Especially if there was the odd one from Weymouth on board

9 minutes ago, tomhbcfc said:

Id take tickets to MK Dons if they offered that and travel ha

Chance your arm Tom - no messing around with negotiations - don't go in 'cheap'

Go in for travel, ticket, hotel , some petty cash for incidentals and a new away shirt 

That would be my opening 'offer'

;):yawn:

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Chance your arm Tom - no messing around with negotiations - don't go in 'cheap'

Go in for travel, ticket, hotel , some petty cash for incidentals and a new away shirt 

That would be my opening 'offer'

;):yawn:

Signed shirt will do........

Slighty off tangent to this thread but does include travel however from the game... did anyone get stuck at Paddington?

Now I know you cant blame anyone why the service was disrupted as it was a random act of nature but the way GWR and the rail staff dealt with the situation overall was very poor. 6 1/2 hours from Charlton station back to Gloucestershire and train journey back was no fun, packed like Sardines in a crushed tin box (as the song title goes)

4 hours ago, JBFC II said:

good luck with a refund, if you get a complete refund tell us and I will get my mum on the case!!

@JBFC III've had an email from Kay in Supporter Services saying much the same as David Lloyds did. They are looking into this, collecting information and talking to Peter Carol. They will get back to me when they have news.

PS/ Us Mum's are good at this sort of thing!

12 minutes ago, RedM said:

@JBFC III've had an email from Kay in Supporter Services saying much the same as David Lloyds did. They are looking into this, collecting information and talking to Peter Carol. They will get back to me when they have news.

PS/ Us Mum's are good at this sort of thing!

She's much better than I am at getting her own way that's for sure!

3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

She's much better than I am at getting her own way that's for sure!

Yup, I'm pretty good at that too!  Generally, not particularly relating to this (Hello, DL) but we'll see.

As I said my argument would be that the sole purpose of the trip was to attend the full football match, never mind missing the pre match build up etc. My 'matchday experience' was severely impacted. It actually says on the ticket please be in your seats at least 15 minutes before kick off. The delay we experienced wasn't down to traffic all the other coaches arrived in good time. The coach had a major fault which was questioned before we left Bristol.

Archived