IGNORED

Won't be renewing my season ticket!

Mad Cyril

Just now, Red Right Hand said:

Do get them though, you know it makes sense!

Always used to have ST. Then got too busy. Now more time and always trying last minute tickets for us so be nice to get again. I'm happy with how club are progressing. Sure disappointed to be so low in league this year but ground is shaping up nicely and squad is being worked on. Who knows how LJ will do but deserves support.  COYR

4 hours ago, hay dens party said:

I totally disagree with this statement. Chelsea have not always been a top premiership side they too have tasted the lower divisions along the way.

......but how many of Chelsea's fans were on the terraces when they were on the terraces when they were in division 2?

Just now, downendcity said:

......but how many of Chelsea's fans were on the terraces when they were on the terraces when they were in division 2?

the loyal ones, the ones like you and me who support there local team through thick or thin. I'm not talking about the plastics who walk the streets wearing the shirt but the ones who do stand on the terraces week after week and cheer the team on.

I don't understand how anyone can have a real emotional attachment to a team they only watch on tv or lookout for results on teletext.

those people can never be classed as Fans or supporters mealy interested in the Club who's shirt they choose to wear

34 minutes ago, frenchred said:

More than currently follow us I'm afraid!

Not in 1982 and 1983, they averaged 12,600 and 13k. 

In 1989, their last season in this league, they averaged 15,700, a few hundred more than us this season. The last year of the old 1st Div and first two years of the Prem - 18k, 18k and 19k. Funnily enough, crowds at Chelsea shot up into an average of mid 30k as they started winning more and finishing in the top 6.

Then, even more odd, up to averaging 40k when they won the league!

That's what would happen here, I reckon, if we were as successful and had as many seats!

If we go down this season I will seriously consider  not renewing the season ticket I have held for two decades, I need a break from the club and it maybe permanent in terms of regular attendance. 

Is this down to the appointment of LJ? No, but it is a contributing factor, a season of false hopes alongside some of the most farcical planning and decision making made by a club that seems so out of touch with its fanbase. 

I like many are pretty hacked off with how badly this club has been ran in recent times and frankly had a gutful of the bullshit. Everyday the club seems to become more and more a corporate business run by a bunch of suits than a football club for its fans and community. 

Royally hacked off with it and I am not alone so feel free to berate me but sometimes a clean break is for the best.

I'm coming up to 30 years of watching City (do I get a watch, or something?)

I came to the conclusion when JJ left for Hearts that the team he assembled was probably my best chance of seeing City get to the top. GJ gave us a dream of a season and got us within 90 mins - it's been downhill since then, save for a wonder season in Div 3 under SC

By birth, I should have followed my Dad and supported Tottenham. Coming from where I did R*vers done a great job of offering the local football clubs free tickets for the kids, and there would be regular trips down to E*stville, but I always refused to go, for no other reason that I hated their shirts (things are simple when you're 8, huh?). Then I pestered the **** out of my Dad until he took me down the Gate, he didn't particularly want to go, although he worked with some City fans and had been a couple of times down the years, but I guess it was one of those father & son moments that only football can give you. We'd go in the Open End, I'd go off and stand by the away fans for the thrill of it, and make sure he wasn't looking over at me as I had a couple of cigarettes during the game. What we saw that afternoon / evening would keep us talking until the next time we went down. I loved it, just me and my old man. Dad died on 5th Sep 1991, at 51. Was the night after we'd beaten the G*s at AG, and our last conversation was about the game, he was winding me up telling me he'd listened to the game and thought R*vers were the better team (he never forgave me for not following Spurs I think!). 24 years on I'm taking my 13 year old daughter down, she didn't exactly pester me like I did to my Dad, but I dragged her along one day and she's starting to fall in love with it all, the smell, the noise, the songs, the feeling of togetherness that comes with following a team, it's our time together, just me and her. She knows City aren't the best club in the world, she's put up with me whinging about them for most of her life!, but she gets that it's our club. It's not our most local club, but it's the only club in the area that you're ever going to support (unless you're thick as pig shit), she doesn't have the choice, unlike I did. I don't care what league we're in, who is manager / head coach, or who is pulling on that shirt - it's mine now, it's in my blood. There's been times when I haven't been for ages due to reasons that I won't bore you with, but I always knew that as my daughters grew up and either took an interest, or would rather go shopping, get their nails done, that I'd be back, regardless of what level we were playing at at the time

I said to Hannah to remember it all, as I described the ground that I walked into 30 years ago. The tobacco in the air, mixing with the smell of fried onions, that bloke that used to shout 'come on you reds' from the Williams or Dolman stand so loud every game, so that she can describe it all back to my grandchildren when she takes them down, in case I'm not around. I don't care what level we're playing at when that happens, as long as it happens

So, go on. Throw the season ticket away, don't renew, there is always someone who will be willing to take it on for reasons like mine above. At the end of the day you can't support anyone else, and you'll miss it one day. Might take 10 games, might take 10 years, but trust me, you'll be back

Can't wait for Hannah to bounce around the ground against Brighton

9 hours ago, Woodsy said:

After 30 year of watching City course you get a watch Woodsy - a suicide watch! :)

It's not just now and not just us. I remember years ago, listening to the radio when we were away to a team on a bad run, don't remember who. City took the lead and the game has to be held up while the  ground staff picked up all the season tickets thrown on the pitch by disgruntled fans. I wondered how many asked for them back once the heat of the moment cooled.

On ‎08‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 13:10, Woodsy said:

I came to the conclusion when JJ left for Hearts that the team he assembled was probably my best chance of seeing City get to the top. GJ gave us a dream of a season and got us within 90 mins - it's been downhill since then, save for a wonder season in Div 3 under SC

By birth, I should have followed my Dad and supported Tottenham. Coming from where I did R*vers done a great job of offering the local football clubs free tickets for the kids, and there would be regular trips down to E*stville, but I always refused to go, for no other reason that I hated their shirts (things are simple when you're 8, huh?). Then I pestered the **** out of my Dad until he took me down the Gate, he didn't particularly want to go, although he worked with some City fans and had been a couple of times down the years, but I guess it was one of those father & son moments that only football can give you. We'd go in the Open End, I'd go off and stand by the away fans for the thrill of it, and make sure he wasn't looking over at me as I had a couple of cigarettes during the game. What we saw that afternoon / evening would keep us talking until the next time we went down. I loved it, just me and my old man. Dad died on 5th Sep 1991, at 51. Was the night after we'd beaten the G*s at AG, and our last conversation was about the game, he was winding me up telling me he'd listened to the game and thought R*vers were the better team (he never forgave me for not following Spurs I think!). 24 years on I'm taking my 13 year old daughter down, she didn't exactly pester me like I did to my Dad, but I dragged her along one day and she's starting to fall in love with it all, the smell, the noise, the songs, the feeling of togetherness that comes with following a team, it's our time together, just me and her. She knows City aren't the best club in the world, she's put up with me whinging about them for most of her life!, but she gets that it's our club. It's not our most local club, but it's the only club in the area that you're ever going to support (unless you're thick as pig shit), she doesn't have the choice, unlike I did. I don't care what league we're in, who is manager / head coach, or who is pulling on that shirt - it's mine now, it's in my blood. There's been times when I haven't been for ages due to reasons that I won't bore you with, but I always knew that as my daughters grew up and either took an interest, or would rather go shopping, get their nails done, that I'd be back, regardless of what level we were playing at at the time

I said to Hannah to remember it all, as I described the ground that I walked into 30 years ago. The tobacco in the air, mixing with the smell of fried onions, that bloke that used to shout 'come on you reds' from the Williams or Dolman stand so loud every game, so that she can describe it all back to my grandchildren when she takes them down, in case I'm not around. I don't care what level we're playing at when that happens, as long as it happens

So, go on. Throw the season ticket away, don't renew, there is always someone who will be willing to take it on for reasons like mine above. At the end of the day you can't support anyone else, and you'll miss it one day. Might take 10 games, might take 10 years, but trust me, you'll be back

Can't wait for Hannah to bounce around the ground against Brighton

30 years Woodsy ? Ha that's nothing. Me 52 years and counting. My Dad was a Rovers fan (Sung the song many times since) I started to go to the Gate when I was 14 after Dad took me to watch Rovers play Walsall 0-0 bore draw in torrential rain. Chris Crowe became a hero for me after Big John Atyeo followed by Chris Garland John Galley etc. (Lou Peters) was another of my hero's.:cool: We followed the same path it seems in that our Dad's supported different teams. To any fan thinking of packing it all in I would just like to say don't be so daft you know you don't mean it as you will be back sooner than you think

Archived