IGNORED

Won't be renewing my season ticket!

Mad Cyril

I am amazed at how many threads include a post from someone quoting how many years they have supported this club, but this is the final straw and they won't be renewing their ticket next season.

For neatness and convenience, could you  kindly all put your announcements and final goodbyes on this thread?

Could you also include where your seat is. I am looking for a better seat next season and would like to know which seats will now be coming available.

I hope you enjoy now following Leicester or whoever it is that does meet your expectations. Meantime, I look forward to sharing the ongoing ups and downs of following this great club with the fans who are staying. Fans who will still get behind the team, the board and the manager and celebrate the moments. Fans who accept that there might always a club better off than us, but appreciate there are a whole load of clubs far far worse off.

Me, I am sticking with it. And loving it.

Why does an Internet forum make so many posters unbalanced and knee-jerk?

I love going to Ashton Gate with my son.  Started taking him in 13/14 under SOD.  It could've put him off for life, but both of us would be looking forward to the next game....even after the Sheffield Utd game....the worst game I've ever seen.

I've got more happy by LJ's appointment over the past day or so.  it doesn't guarantee safety, no appointment would.  Just looking forward to it.

If you are seriously not gonna renew, how about giving your season ticket over now, and really show how you feel?

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Why does an Internet forum make so many posters unbalanced and knee-jerk?

I love going to Ashton Gate with my son.  Started taking him in 13/14 under SOD.  It could've put him off for life, but both of us would be looking forward to the next game....even after the Sheffield Utd game....the worst game I've ever seen.

I've got more happy by LJ's appointment over the past day or so.  it doesn't guarantee safety, no appointment would.  Just looking forward to it.

If you are seriously not gonna renew, how about giving your season ticket over now, and really show how you feel?

Someone offers me face value, it's there's! :ph34r:

Well both of us will be renewing our season tickets and beyond . The only time will be the day we both die but not yet anyway. There's too much going on and we want to be part of it. So we will be down the Gate supporting the club because it's in our hearts . Managers, players and board members come and go but the club stays with us forever. COYR

I do wonder if those who make these rash claims about not renewing really understand what it means to be a football supporter.

There probably isn't a club in the country who hasn't suffered relegation, mismanagement on the pitch, mismanagement off the pitch, financial problems or unexpected and avoidable failure at one time or another. It's a part of the rollercoaster. One day we will look back on the rather bizarre season of 2015/16 as simply another chapter in our history. And if we are looking back on it from the perspective of an established Premier League club, then those who gave up at the point will look rather silly. It's not even anywhere near the low point.

57 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Nice one mate. if only these `supporters` realised how infantile they sound with their `I`m taking my ball and going home` remarks.

Only one guy we should worry about if he wants to take his hall and goes home ( to Guernsey)

To those of us "of a certain vintage" who were supporters in 1982, all this "I won't be supporting the team anymore" stuff seems rather strange. Not thrilled about being led to expect a marquee manager and then getting LJ but, when push comes to shove, I'm just really grateful there IS a BCFC for LJ to manage

47 minutes ago, Chappers said:

After 37 years of ups and downs, mostly the latter, I'm quite indifferent to it all. I just enjoy the game, enjoy watching City, and the many failures make you really appreciate  the good times. Just enjoy the ride!

This is so true. You cannot enjoy victory unless you understand, first hand, what defeat is. This is the reason why Leicester fans are happier now than Chelsea fans are when Chelsea are top

1 minute ago, Southport Red said:

To those of us "of a certain vintage" who were supporters in 1982, all this "I won't be supporting the team anymore" stuff seems rather strange. Not thrilled about being led to expect a marquee manager and then getting LJ but, when push comes to shove, I'm just really grateful there IS a BCFC for LJ to manage

...with the greatest respect, it's attitudes like this why I believe we will never kick on to the next level.

All the 1982 talk and "be grateful for what we got". It was 33 years ago.

Bournemouth and Crystal Palace nearly went to the wall within the last 8 years or so. Look at them now.

7 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

2 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

...with the greatest respect, it's attitudes like this why I believe we will never kick on to the next level.

Bournemouth and Crystal Palace nearly went to the wall within the last 8 years or so. Look at them now.

It's not attitude Andy it's respect. We are lucky to be where we are now after what happened in 1982. I also see Bournemouth and Crystal Palace as a bench mark for us and respect them for what they have achieved.

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

I'm not sure that Sports attitude has anything to do why we haven't kicked on to the next level. That would have more to do with a 1/0 play off final defeat and a string of poor managerial decisions coupled with a few board ones too. 

This club is putting everything in place to gain success, a big new stadium, investment in youth, an encompassing sports organization, a station, I could go on. It's just a matter at finding the right guy to push us on. Is Lee Johnson the next Eddie Howe, who knows but I hope so, however the thoughts of a middle aged man ( sorry Sport) on how close we came to nothing can be grounding. Ask Aldershot, Newport, Wimbledon etc. the fact is the decisions that are made that supporters have nothing to do with are right now what have to be right to kick us on, and backing from the supporters. The rest as they say is irrelevant!

3 minutes ago, robinreliant said:

It's not attitude Andy it's respect. We are lucky to be where we are now after what happened in 1982. I also see Bournemouth and Crystal Palace as a bench mark for us and respect them for what they have achieved.

Yeah we were fortunate, but we can't keep accepting mediocrity just because we were lucky not to go bust 33 years ago...

14 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Love how people say with all due respect, right before they question your attitude. My attitude is that I shook a bucket and watched my team come within hours of ceasing to exist. Happy we have a team, sorry if that's not ambitious enough. 

I know someone who didn't renew at the start of last season as some sort of anti-Cotterill protest and look what they missed. Not sure about LJ myself or the role of MA and the general structure that seems to be evolving, but it might well work and I shall give it a chance. It is possible that with all the changes, and the 'new' stadium ready for next season that this just might be the year of transformation that started a change of direction for the better for the club. Who knows? Personally am looking to seeing the next exciting instalment....

I think it's ok for people to have a hissy fit every now and again. On here or even at the ground. Flounce around the forum and/or the ground, I say. Get it out of your system. Say "I'm done with this club" spit it out. Pummel some cushions, growl "grrrrr!" Whatever it takes. Stay away for a bit if you want. 

But then come back when we're winning! Don't forget to do that - we've got 27 thousand bloody seats to fill. 

Jack Dawe says: flounce around the ground :mf_sleep:

Archived