IGNORED

Won't be renewing my season ticket!

Mad Cyril

46 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Yeah we were fortunate, but we can't keep accepting mediocrity just because we were lucky not to go bust 33 years ago...

Whether I "accept mediocrity" or reject it matters not. I have supported the team all this time, there have been more lows than highs but I'm still here. What do you to propose we do about it?  The fans who say (and then do) stay away when times are bad are not accepting mediocrity, good for them. I, however, am a supporter, which means I support. I supported us when we won at Old Trafford in the old First Division and I supported us at Carlisle four years later when we were bottom of div 4 

Those two imposters, triumph and disaster, have no affect on me, I support. I don't enjoy the mediocrity, but the only thing I can do to 'not accept' it is stop supporting the team. Not ready to do that. 

I have followed the City since the 70's and during that time I have seen many managers come and go, some I loved and some not so. That said, who ever is at the helm always get my support 100% and this includes our new Head Coach Lee Johnson. I'll be there Saturday cheering him and the team on to hopefully gain another 3 points.

COYR

Let's face it, for the 'I'm not renewing my ST' brigade, Talk is cheap.

Assuming that the posters aren't trolls, if City didn't exist, they'd have to find something else to whinge about.

4 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

I am amazed at how many threads include a post from someone quoting how many years they have supported this club, but this is the final straw and they won't be renewing their ticket next season.

For neatness and convenience, could you  kindly all put your announcements and final goodbyes on this thread?

Could you also include where your seat is. I am looking for a better seat next season and would like to know which seats will now be coming available.

I hope you enjoy now following Leicester or whoever it is that does meet your expectations. Meantime, I look forward to sharing the ongoing ups and downs of following this great club with the fans who are staying. Fans who will still get behind the team, the board and the manager and celebrate the moments. Fans who accept that there might always a club better off than us, but appreciate there are a whole load of clubs far far worse off.

Me, I am sticking with it. And loving it.

Is this a forum record for likes?:dunno:

I am amazed at how many threads include a post from someone quoting how many years they have supported this club, but this is the final straw and they won't be renewing their ticket next season.

For neatness and convenience, could you  kindly all put your announcements and final goodbyes on this thread?

Could you also include where your seat is. I am looking for a better seat next season and would like to know which seats will now be coming available.

I hope you enjoy now following Leicester or whoever it is that does meet your expectations. Meantime, I look forward to sharing the ongoing ups and downs of following this great club with the fans who are staying. Fans who will still get behind the team, the board and the manager and celebrate the moments. Fans who accept that there might always a club better off than us, but appreciate there are a whole load of clubs far far worse off.

#likefarming

Bravo mate, well said. Whoever the club had appointed, there were no guarantees it would have worked out. Some managers are just the right fit at the right time and that maybe the case with LJ, I hope so. Remember when His dad was given the job? Some on here said he's just a conference manager but he so nearly got us to the Prem. When Steve Cotterill  was appointed we were told to expect hoof ball football but we enjoyed one of the best seasons for many years. When Steve Coppell was appointed we thought we were going to fly up the leagues but look what happened there. Just give Lee a chance before giving up and returning tickets, No one gains from that. You never know, things might just work out this time. The thrill of the unknown is what makes the game great. Stay on-board and enjoy the ride, wherever it takes us. COYR.

2 hours ago, Southport Red said:

This is so true. You cannot enjoy victory unless you understand, first hand, what defeat is. This is the reason why Leicester fans are happier now than Chelsea fans are when Chelsea are top

I totally disagree with this statement. Chelsea have not always been a top premiership side they too have tasted the lower divisions along the way.

Ok, I'll balance the argument.

Because I disagree with the LJ appointment and voice that at the game is that disloyal?

I support the team but totally disagree with his appointment. This thread suggests I am not welcome?

Yet I will still go and support the shirt, and the players that are fortunate enough to be the current incumbent pulling it on at 15.00 every Saturday. Paying my money, both over the turnstile and travelling from my current abode in Surrey.

22 minutes ago, hay dens party said:

I totally disagree with this statement. Chelsea have not always been a top premiership side they too have tasted the lower divisions along the way.

I was gonna reply along those lines too, the proper Chelsea fans followed them in huge numbers when they were struggling in the old second division. You're spot on.

There was football pre 1992, so many forget that....

7 minutes ago, shepton red said:

Because I disagree with the LJ appointment and voice that at the game is that disloyal?

I support the team but totally disagree with his appointment. This thread suggests I am not welcome?

Yet I will still go and support the shirt, and the players that are fortunate enough to be the current incumbent pulling it on at 15.00 every Saturday. Paying my money, both over the turnstile and travelling from my current abode in Surrey.

From what I have read, it doesn't suggest you are not welcome. You're still prepared to support your team even though you don't agree with their decisions…as will a lot of others. 

I've been watching Bristol city since I was 7 years old going to the home games with my dad and that was back in 1970 and I'm 52 now and I loved every minute of it the highs and lows that's football and that's Bristol city you should know by now we don't do things the easy way 

1 minute ago, cwmbran red said:

I've been watching Bristol city since I was 7 years old going to the home games with my dad and that was back in 1970 and I'm 52 now and I loved every minute of it the highs and lows that's football and that's Bristol city you should know by now we don't do things the easy way 

In truth, what club does on a consistent basis? Arsenal maybe - they`ve been the longest in the top division but I expect their fans won`t agree that they`ve been incredibly successful in their eyes. I remember Man City in level 3, Wolves in level 4 and many, many others - even Carlisle were in the top division once. Football is cyclical and sometimes you`re up and sometimes you`re down. It`s what makes it great IMO and why I couldn`t follow one of the `top` sides where your only concern at the start of the season is where in the top four you`re going to finish (alright, I know this season`s a bit different). Being a real football fan is about experiencing desperate moments of utter despair as well as times of glorious joy and still being there at the end of both.

1 hour ago, shepton red said:

Totally agree....I've taken my lead from the banner hanging from the home end at the valley yesterday.  "SUPPORT THE TEAM NOT THE REGIME"

1 hour ago, cwmbran red said:

Cwmbran, same as me I started at 7 and in my mid 60's now. The old maid and I have retired and are making our way back to sunny Spain all being well in the summer so I shall not be renewing my ST but lets get one thing straight, like a few on here who dont live here, I will still continue to listen in, support, stand up for with the local spanish mafia who support 'arse-nal and snottenham hotspurs and will defend BCFC to the end. It has been a roller coaster ride since 7 but I would not have changed it, we are unique, we are promised everything and still we believe in Father Xmas !! When I lived in Malaga before I had a ST at La Roselada and may do again to see Barca, Real madrid and the rest but I will miss the gate and Easy Jet permitting will still come back for matches but unlike last time when I hadnt heard of OTIB, this time I will still be posting. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. ! FFS my funeral plan is that I am carried into 'The Red Red Robin'. Only hope the Coop has a branch down there ( only joking !) - The Coop that is !! CTID

Great OP

However…I confess that I've been down this track. None of us renewed our STs the season after Millen was appointed. Me, my two sons and my late brother Martyn (a regular and occasionally ferocious poster on here) Dolman, Block C row S, just in front of GrahamC.

We didn't stop attending, we'd just become disillusioned, attended less and became POTD…usually sitting in the same seats and enjoying Graham's advice to match officials...

Last season we joined the excellent membership scheme and attended almost every match.

We bought STs this season to be sure of a seat…not sure we'll bother next when there'll be seats aplenty. POTD is how things were when I started going, pick and choose the games you want to pay to watch, home or away, never feels like an obligation. Suits an exiled lifestyle.

3 hours ago, hay dens party said:

Actually that occurred to me after I posted. I still stand by my central theme though, which is victory is sweeter BECAUSE you understand defeat. Losing is so horrible, but it gives winning a context. The old time Chelsea fans you refer to, of course get it. The 'plastics' don't because they expect victory but because they are fair weather don't understand it the way fans who have witnessed drubbings do. 

2 hours ago, shepton red said:

Not disloyal Shepton, it's ( for me at least) a cracking definition OF loyalty. Loyalty isn't loving everything. Loyalty is taking the whole package, even the bits you don't like (ESPECIALLY the bits you don't like) and supporting the team anyway. 

Just now, Southport Red said:

Actually that occurred to me after I posted. I still stand by my central theme though, which is victory is sweeter BECAUSE you understand defeat. Losing is so horrible, but it gives winning a context. The old time Chelsea fans you refer to, of course get it. The 'plastics' don't because they expect victory but because they are fair weather don't understand it the way fans who have witnessed drubbings do. 

yes I understand we're yours coming from mate. I said to a man u fan at work when Sir Alex finally stepped down as manager " now your going to find out what it's like to be a real football fan" .

39 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Great OP

However…I confess that I've been down this track. None of us renewed our STs the season after Millen was appointed. Me, my two sons and my late brother Martyn (a regular and occasionally ferocious poster on here) Dolman, Block C row S, just in front of GrahamC.

We didn't stop attending, we'd just become disillusioned, attended less and became POTD…usually sitting in the same seats and enjoying Graham's advice to match officials...

Last season we joined the excellent membership scheme and attended almost every match.

We bought STs this season to be sure of a seat…not sure we'll bother next when there'll be seats aplenty. POTD is how things were when I started going, pick and choose the games you want to pay to watch, home or away, never feels like an obligation. Suits an exiled lifestyle.

I'd say deciding not to renew at the start of the season through disillusionment is a bit different. It's a significant amount of money to shell out every year, and you reasonably have to be convinced you will get good value for your hard-earned cash. In the case of Millen you had seen enough to make an informed decision not to renew, but still attended as POTD - fair enough.

However what we've seen on here over the last few days is a toys-out-of-the-pram kneejerk reaction to an appointment that we cannot yet judge, because the new man hasn't yet managed a game. It's this sort of childish reaction that the OP is referring to.

8 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

Speaking of Leicester, I can't believe they appointed some guy who'd struggled at every club he's managed in the last ten years and was diabolical with Greece.  No wonder they've struggled so much this season.  Dreadful appointment.  Can't believe there are idiots who wait and see how things pan out when it was obvious to everyone Leicester would struggle this season...

2 minutes ago, shamussy said:

Slightly off task but does anyone remember prices of season tickets this season? Just thinking of buying one next year for me and 11yo son. Can't find the prices to guess next year's from.

Not sure, I think I paid about 330 for an adult South Stand one but don`t quote me. I would wait a bit if I were you as there`s bound to be some good offers for folks like you (adult/child combos) once the West Stand`s open and also of course, what division we`re in.

Do get them though, you know it makes sense!

Just now, Red Right Hand said:

Not sure, I think I paid about 330 for an adult South Stand one but don`t quote me. I would wait a bit if I were you as there`s bound to be some good offers for folks like you (adult/child combos) once the West Stand`s open and also of course, what division we`re in.

Do get them though, you know it makes sense!

On reflection I think it was 230!

Archived