IGNORED

How Long until Johnson is Sacked?

Bowie

How Long will Johnson last? - POLL  

263 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No doubt LJ appointment is a MIXED decision not since Tony Pulis has an appointment been so hotly debated

So let's see what people think...

I'm sure a 101 people will complain about the question/answer selection but frankly if your not happy don't take part.

and yes...the title is a bit OTT but it got your attention otherwise you wouldn't be reading this

4 minutes ago, Bowie said:

No doubt LJ appointment is a MIXED decision not since Tony Pulis has an appointment been so mixed.

So let's see what people think...

I'm sure a 101 people will complain about the question/answer selection but frankly if your not happy don't take part.

"not since Tony Pulis has an appointment been so mixed" - that's a joke, right?

What about SC?  That was just as contentious as this one, and I'd actually argue more were generally against it than LJ's arrival; this place was a nightmare at that time.

It's what makes the negative reactions over this difficult to take seriously; it is like people on here have learnt nothing from history, and act like this is the first time we've appointed someone not universally loved.

When it was announced that it was a 3.5 year contract my immediate thought was that he will be lucky to see half of that! There again, its pretty much a no lose situation for LJ. If he is sh!te he will be sacked and walk away with a big wedge. If he is still with us after 3.5 years then he must be doing well.

8 minutes ago, samo II said:

"not since Tony Pulis has an appointment been so mixed" - that's a joke, right?

What about SC?  That was just as contentious as this one, and I'd actually argue more were generally against it than LJ's arrival; this place was a nightmare at that time.

It's what makes the negative reactions over this difficult to take seriously; it is like people on here have learnt nothing from history, and act like this is the first time we've appointed someone not universally loved.

I disagree.   Cotterill had at least had some success as a manager.

LJ has all the hall marks of when Pulis joined and wouldn't be surprised if in 15 years we look back the same at LJ career as we do now with Pulis

Anyhow there is a million different threads about LJ with a million different views and comments

lets see what the numbers say....

I've posted in other threads; if he does not hit the ground running, I can see major ructions from the terraces and a very, very poisonous atmosphere early on.  His (and the boards) position could become untenable very quickly.

That said, I hope he is a huge success - nothing against the guy personally -  I just don't see how he's going to come in and move us forward.

8 minutes ago, Bowie said:

LJ has all the hall marks of when Pulis joined and wouldn't be surprised if in 15 years we look back the same at LJ career as we do now with Pulis

Pulls had enjoyed significant success with Gillingham when he joined, and compared to LJ who was a member of a City team to give us the highest finish in our recent history with clear affection for the club, Pulis was a stinking gashead, who clearly didn't give a crap about City as a club, so am not exactly sure where that comparison comes from, beyond attempting to tar our new manager by associating him with someone who was a proven by his own work here to be a terrible manager for us.

I appreciate you clearly don't like LJ and do not wish him well, but why not be honest and just say "don't like the man; hope he fails" rather than dressing it up and presenting it otherwise?

There has been plenty of decent debate on how this may be a risky or unwise appointment, but to speculate on when he'll be sacked, and comparing him to Pulis before he's even taken a training session just sounds like you're waiting and hoping to be able to say "I told you so" if he fails.

10 minutes ago, Bowie said:

Anyhow there is a million different threads about LJ with a million different views and comments

lets see what the numbers say....

What success was this, that Cotts had? 

Just now, Red Right Hand said:

I think you`ll find it`s not that many, just a lot of posts on the same subject from the same few `supporters`.

I agree.

Certain people have decided he's a terrible choice before he's even had his first press conference, and I doubt they'll change their minds even if we positively progress with him as head coach.

It's a shame really.

4 minutes ago, extonsred said:

Unbelievable how so many on this site are looking for it to go wrong. How about hoping he stays years n finally we get some real success?

No one is looking for it to go wrong. And no one is hoping for it to go wrong. Everyone on here wants him to succeed. 

Just because a few are of the opinion he won't....doesn't mean we are looking for him to fail.

My message is....prove me wrong. I'm not holding my breath though 

Robbored in April last year posted this comment from late 2005 - What do we know about appointing managers ! 
He went on to give  us IMO some of the best years we have had for atmosphere and fun.

'Much criticism was aimed at Gary Johnson at this time; the Chairman of Bristol City Supporters Club labelled him a 'Conference Manager' and contended that he was 'totally out of his depth'.

Just now, Andy082005 said:

No one is looking for it to go wrong. And no one is hoping for it to go wrong. Everyone on here wants him to succeed. 

Just because a few are of the opinion he won't....doesn't mean we are looking for him to fail.

My message is....prove me wrong. I'm not holding my breath though 

I respect that you might not wish him to actively fail, Andy; but polls like this, and some of the things said suggest to me that the statement "no one is hoping for it to go wrong" isn't the case.

You don't have to read too deep into the posts of several vociferous critics of LJ's appointment to see they cannot wait for him to lose his first game so they can get in his back.

Just now, Bowie said:

Blah blah blah... Lots of comments

I've got a view that is different to yours.

Moving on let the numbers do the talking

If you don't want debate, don't post on a forum.

No one 'attacked the poster', just commented on what you posted; shame you took it personally.

Not sure why he's being compared to Pulis but in any case surely Tony Pulis should be an example of exactly why fans should give a manager a chance and not bitch right from the start of his reign? Pulis is managing in the premier league in case anyone hasn't noticed and has been for nearly a decade now.

All these "I don't want Lee Johnson here but I'll support him posts" don't exactly seem very supportive to me and I'm guessing that at the first sign of trouble he'll be labelled a lower league manager that isn't good enough for the mighty Bristol City.

Christmas time for me too, and of course undoubtedly sacked. Not his fault, fair play to him. Probably on a much better screw here than at Barnsley, Championship football and a new 27 k stadium to be completed in the summer its a great move for Lee. Its the Lansdowns that all the anger should be vented at when it all goes wrong.

Just now, bris red said:

Christmas time for me too, and of course undoubtedly sacked. Not his fault, fair play to him. Probably on a much better screw here than at Barnsley, Championship football and a new 27 k stadium to be completed in the summer its a great move for Lee. Its the Lansdowns that all the anger should be vented at when it all goes wrong.

This in spades^^.  If this goes wrong (and I hope it doesn't), SL must, for the first time come under serious scrutiny - regardless of the cash he's put in and the stadium revamp.

Just now, samo II said:

If you don't want debate, don't post on a forum.

No one 'attacked the poster', just commented on what you posted; shame you took it personally.

I don't want to debate....I've asked a few questions via a poll to let fans express their views quickly and easily without reading a 20 page thread which goes around in circles.

if anyone is getting attacked it's me, but it's just a bunch of people on an Internet form, it's not life or death.  Relax 

Archived