IGNORED

Lee Johnson on the radio on monday morning

Never to the dark side

Richard Hoskin asking questions

RH "Nice to see you back Lee"

Lee "it's like being back home, big affiliation with the area, dead chuffed to be back,"

RH what are your Ambitions

Lee "Ambition is to continue the progression, recruit as best we can, aim for prem, bring in young players"

RH "Your dad was 90 minutes away from the premier league, what are your hopes here

Lee "Dream is to have prem team, short term plan to stay in division, good players and staff at club, they bring to the table what want I do"

RH "How important is the support of the fans"

Lee "Support is important, fan base is lifeblood of club, knows he could be a marmite type of player when he was under his dad, aware he is inexperienced at championship level, very excited, cant wait to get going"

RH "You're only 34, what has your experience of management been so far

Lee "management so far has been a whirlwind, he would like to achieve silverware with city, disappointed he couldn't go to Wembley with Barnsley, but when city came calling he couldn't turn it down"

RH then asks Mark Ashton why it took 3 weeks to appoint Lee

MA "sat down as a board discussed what they wanted, was a process, Ashton had a list of people he wanted to recommend. Lee was on everyone's short list, Ashton likes to appoint young and up and coming people, when he sat down with Lee, he realised that Lee was the ideal fit"

RH "did you speak to any others"

MA "refuses to say who else he spoke to when asked about Moyes etc, the way LJ wants to work fits the football club, he's earned his stripes and deserves his opportunity"

RH question about why head coach not manager

Lee "club has moved away from old school, it wants to focus on the players, recruitment will still go through me"

RH asked about working with JP

Lee "Really good staff at club, JP has good reputation as a man and a coach, he has sat down with him, and will do again"

RH "have you met the players yet"

Lee "has met the players, shook their hands, has gone over Saturdays game with them.  The squad have spirit"

RH "Will the bounce be making a return"

Lee "the bounce might be returning, but any dancing wont be, I'm worse than me dad at dancing"

That was as best as I could do!

Radio Bris now playing an appropriate song:

"Don't blame it on the sunshine, don't blame it on the moonlight, don't blame it on the good times, blame it on Lee Johnson...."

I just can't, I just can't, I just can't control my excitement

Sunshine.....moonlight......good times.....Lee Johnson

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I like LJ talking about this being his club.  He's a great chap.  I wish him and the club every success.

I am not doubting him at all, after all he has just said it. But say, go back a couple of months, even to the back end of last season. If you had asked Lee J who he considered 'his' club to be I would have put any money on it that he would have said Yeovil. Good job I don't actually bet isn't it.

I've said on various other threads that not the right appointment at this moment in time but of course I will support him now he is in place. I just wish LJ, Ashton and SL was stop banging on about the Premiership ambitions. It is irrelevant at this moment and a bit embarrassing. Forget about the Prem for now and just get us out of this mess that the club has got us in to.

Archived