IGNORED

Lee Johnson on the radio on monday morning

Never to the dark side

That John Darvall guy on RB hosting a phone in regarding the appointment of LJ before the press conference was appalling. LJ has apparently just won the 1st Division Manager of the Month for his 6 successive wins at Oldham and will take charge of City for the first time on Saturday at Ipswich. Stuttered every time he had to think of the club which LJ had just left to join City - he clearly didn't know. Then to crown it all suggested that the appointment of LJ despite the fact that he had no experience of managing in the Championship mirrored what Rovers had done successfully with the appointment of Dopey Darrell.

Radio Bris showed itself up to be completely amateur in holding a phone in about LJ'x appointment led by a presenter who knows absolutely nothing about football and who had performed NO research whatsoever, followed by a facile set of questions at the new conference by its Sports Editor, Richard Hoskins.

I like 20man - I think that he does a decent job and never shrinks from asking tough questions but the rest are pants.

6 minutes ago, RedM said:

I am not doubting him at all, after all he has just said it. But say, go back a couple of months, even to the back end of last season. If you had asked Lee J who he considered 'his' club to be I would have put any money on it that he would have said Yeovil. Good job I don't actually bet isn't it.

Not something I'd thought about before, although makes some sense.  First love and all that.

10 minutes ago, RedM said:

I am not doubting him at all, after all he has just said it. But say, go back a couple of months, even to the back end of last season. If you had asked Lee J who he considered 'his' club to be I would have put any money on it that he would have said Yeovil. Good job I don't actually bet isn't it.

It's always been pretty clear that the two clubs he's had most affection for are Yeovil and City.

Just because a section of our support dislike him, won't change that. He didn't let it get to him as a player and that won't change now. Always been passionate about City and cares about the club.

1 minute ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

That John Darvall guy on RB hosting a phone in regarding the appointment of LJ before the press conference was appalling. LJ has apparently just won the 1st Division Manager of the Month for his 6 successive wins at Oldham and will take charge of City for the first time on Saturday at Ipswich. Stuttered every time he had to think of the club which LJ had just left to join City - he clearly didn't know. Then to crown it all suggested that the appointment of LJ despite the fact that he had no experience of managing in the Championship mirrored what Rovers had done successfully with the appointment of Dopey Darrell.

Radio Bris showed itself up to be completely amateur in holding a phone in about LJ'x appointment led by a presenter who knows absolutely nothing about football and who had performed NO research whatsoever, followed by a facile set of questions at the new conference by its Sports Editor, Richard Hoskins.

I like 20man - I think that he does a decent job and never shrinks from asking tough questions but the rest are pants.

The next subject was about crunchies and how he had always wondered how they got the chocolate on the bottom of the bar,queue an interesting conversation about said subject.

they played a good 30mins+ on below link...it just stopped when Andy Stockhausen came on air so I guess we've not missed much.

Richard Latham probably best interviewer of the lot....(nothing against Durden)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35522969

Good of Barnsley to invite him to wembley, interesting on his comments about the head coach at Barnsley being under contract, wonder if he's looking at replacing Pemberton?

26 minutes ago, RedM said:

I feel I learnt more by reading this forum over the past few days...and that's saying something!

Not sure what I expected though, a lot of words saying nothing is what I got

It's only words, and words are all we've got

33 minutes ago, Rocky said:

LJ: "It's moved away from the old-school manager structure. I just want to focus on the players."

Kick a man while he's down/ out of work/ wandering around Cribbs or Cabot bumping into Otib posters, why don't you, LJ!

32 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

LJ is quoted on the OS as saying 'I support the club'.....can't say I believe that, but it makes for a good soundbite

All the best LJ!

He was at Charlton Saturday, mate. More than you can say for some on here

23 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Nothing to add.

Spot on, amateur at best.

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

LJ: "I hope to bring a sparkle to the way the team plays. I know I could be a marmite-type player but it's very different as a head coach."

Not sure I get the analogy? 

When I go to get Marmite out of the cupboard it never runs away....

3 hours ago, Rocky said:

No tricky questions will be asked by any local media outlet ever.

They're all too scared of rocking the boat and getting their minuscule contact with the club shut down.

That's the modern era. I can't comment on City as I dunno how they are with the media but I know one PL club were especially awful at one time.

Archived