IGNORED

Vaping and the Smokers

Webzcas

Not for the first time, my wife commented after I got back from the Birmingham game, that I smelt like I had been smoking. This as a result of being outside the Dolman vaping surrounded by smokers at half time.

This weekend I am bringing my newly aqcuired TFV4 tank complete with a six coil setup. This should keep the smoke at bay.

Its going to get very cloudy!

Bring your fog lights!

1 hour ago, Webzcas said:

Bingo! As not allowed to vape inside with the non smokers! Vaping is not smoking!

It involves nicotine inhalation, so frankly I'd rather not share.

It always amazes me (as an ex-smoker) that until recently, it was considered to be OK to spark up next to someone; if you bitch about it, you get all this bollocks about 'rights'; but if you sat down and farted next to someone, they'd rightly be upset.  But unless you have a serious case of Delhi-belly, your fart is unlikely to be carcinogenic!

3 hours ago, Webzcas said:

Not for the first time, my wife commented after I got back from the Birmingham game, that I smelt like I had been smoking. This as a result of being outside the Dolman vaping surrounded by smokers at half time.

This weekend I am bringing my newly aqcuired TFV4 tank complete with a six coil setup. This should keep the smoke at bay.

Bring your fog lights!

#### that, why don't you stealth vape at your seat?

3 hours ago, Webzcas said:

Bring your fog lights!

You could go in the new section for 'Authorised Smoke Flare & Pyrotechnics' users - it would be appreciated if you could vape red smoke

18 minutes ago, Nibor said:

There's no second hand smoke issue with vaping at all.  Banning it is ludicrous and done out of ignorance or for purely aesthetic reasons.

Oh no, not the ****ing vaping argument again ! From a distance in a crowd the stewards cannot tell vaping fumes from smoke, so, as you are on private property you have to abide by the rules i.e. no vaping. Sorry, nothing to do with aesthetic reasons

2 hours ago, SecretSam said:

It involves nicotine inhalation, so frankly I'd rather not share.

It always amazes me (as an ex-smoker) that until recently, it was considered to be OK to spark up next to someone; if you bitch about it, you get all this bollocks about 'rights'; but if you sat down and farted next to someone, they'd rightly be upset.  But unless you have a serious case of Delhi-belly, your fart is unlikely to be carcinogenic!

I have no problem if the person sat next to me farts. It's like a test of character. They await your response. So, I then let rip with equal or greater force. This leads to the guy next to me realising I have farted and then challenging me. I respond but this alerts the original farter who lets out another bottom burp.

Eventually it gets to a point where there is a near continual stream of manly methane being emitted from the south stand until an old boy tries to join in and proceeds to shit all over the aisle.

2 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Oh no, not the ****ing vaping argument again ! From a distance in a crowd the stewards cannot tell vaping fumes from smoke, so, as you are on private property you have to abide by the rules i.e. no vaping. Sorry, nothing to do with aesthetic reasons

From a distance the stewards can't tell if I'm drinking tea from a flask or bourbon. Should we ban flasks? If rules are nonsensical they are going to be flouted. Do you ever stand up at a game, or do you abide by the sitting rule as you are on private property?

13 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

From a distance the stewards can't tell if I'm drinking tea from a flask or bourbon. Should we ban flasks? If rules are nonsensical they are going to be flouted. Do you ever stand up at a game, or do you abide by the sitting rule as you are on private property?

I can't believe that flasks are still allowed, now you mention it. 

They are always going to contain either booze or scaling hot liquid. 

You can't worry about H&S in some ways but not in others. 

Ban the flask!! 

19 minutes ago, myol'man said:

It's very easy to tell the difference between someone holding a cigarette and a ridiculous plastic pipe thing.  Perhaps we should employ stewards with eyes.  Or we could just be transparent about the fact that it's more to do with presenting a pleasing middle class aesthetic to the increasingly gentrified and affluent customer base.

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Ban the flask!! 

And scarves, which people unbelievably put around their NECK!!!!

2 minutes ago, Nibor said:

It's very easy to tell the difference between someone holding a cigarette and a ridiculous plastic pipe thing.  Perhaps we should employ stewards with eyes.  Or we could just be transparent about the fact that it's more to do with presenting a pleasing middle class aesthetic to the increasingly gentrified and affluent customer base.

If only they let off more smoke canisters we could all have a vape, smoke, beer or whatever we fancied

The new gaffer would have a distinct advantage as he would be the only person able to see beneath the blanket of red smoke

:yawn:

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Ban the flask!! 

I recently had a work thing in a box at Spurs for their game against Everton- because the law states that you can't consume alcohol in view of the pitch they have this stupid blind half way back across half the box so that you can stand behind if you want to have a drink... all we did was pour our beers into the tea cups that were provided... no one said a word.

As for Vaping.. People seem to have gone off the fact that the OP is simply suggesting that they shouldn't have to stand in the smoking section to use them at half time- not that they want to use it in their seat out on the terrace.

A lot of clubs simply ban them from the terrace but allow you to use them in the concourse (Leeds the other weekend for example), which imo would be the best compromise.

12 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

A lot of clubs simply ban them from the terrace but allow you to use them in the concourse (Leeds the other weekend for example), which imo would be the best compromise.

This just highlights the stupidity of the argument. It's OK to vape in the concourse, which is enclosed with a roof, but not on a terrace open to the elements. Where's the sense in that? 

47 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

Sit down shut up 

sit down shut up 

46 minutes ago, Nibor said:

I'd not realised that vaping was a class based activity, how daft of me.

Isn't it more to do with not subjecting people to large clouds of smoke/vapour whilst they are watching the match?

I can understand the argument that it isn't smoking, but some of the vaping machines (? what are they called?) produce much larger clouds of whatever it is they produce than cigarettes do smoke, and it isn't just water vapour because some of them absolutely stink.

If you really have to do it, I don't see the problem with being asked to go outside to do it. I have no idea how big the smoking area at AG is, but there must be a reasonable amount of outdoors space that you can stand in without ending up stinking of fags.

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Ban the flask!! 

You're right because on occasion i work at Bristol airport. Had to go airport side to do some work, had to go through security and was told my flask wasn't allowed in because it contained liquid. Was disappointed because it was a freezing cold day. My van was also thoroughly checked through and was allowed to enter even though i had jerrycans full of petrol inside. Sometimes the rules are abit bizarre. Next time I will put my tea in the jerrycan hahaha

9 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Isn't it more to do with not subjecting people to large clouds of smoke/vapour whilst they are watching the match?

I can understand the argument that it isn't smoking, but some of the vaping machines (? what are they called?) produce much larger clouds of whatever it is they produce than cigarettes do smoke, and it isn't just water vapour because some of them absolutely stink.

If you really have to do it, I don't see the problem with being asked to go outside to do it. I have no idea how big the smoking area at AG is, but there must be a reasonable amount of outdoors space that you can stand in without ending up stinking of fags.

I neither smoke nor vape.  And no, vaping isn't a class based activity - whinging about it and unnecessarily banning it seems to be though.  It's nothing to do with avoiding the hazards of second hand mildly flavoured water vapour, so let's not pretend.  There's no science supporting any problem with second hand vaping, it's just "waaa waaa I don't like it so ban it".

By the way if you actually go and look outside the Dolman stand you'll see there is no reasonable amount of space at all and you wouldn't be able to vape out there and avoid cigarette smoke.

14 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Oddly Rich, I rarely use the smoking area that runs along outside the Dolman, on account of it being too smokey!

Add to that the number of parents who take their kids out with them at half time whilst they have a crafty tab and it isn't a nice experience.

I did suggest a while back that access to this area being restricted to those who are old enough to smoke, but that was never implemented.

Too long? This smoker wants a half time fag in a smoke free environment!

5 minutes ago, Webzcas said:

Bottom line is, I don't smoke yet the club are making me be subjected to smoke.

Public Health England have already released a study that there is NO NONE harm from second harm vape. Indeed my or your farting is worse.

The club aren't forcing you to vape though. You could always just abstain until the end of the match?

It doesn't particularly bother me, but I have been in crowds- sorting and musical- where someone has been vaping and the exhalations are going in my face. I certainly didn't fear for my health (though there are no definitive studies about the harm from vaping to the vaper or anyone near them, for obvious reasons), but I'd rather it wasn't, especially if said exhalations are flavoured. I'm not sure why the rights of the minority who want to vape are held above the majority of people who don't vape

1 minute ago, 29AR said:

Even with my own 20 a day habit I struggle to sympathise. A match is not that long and stubbing/puffing out from 2:45-5 is not a significant hardship. 

This.

People are happy to get on a plane, have a few drinks and not smoke, a couple of hours at football is hardly difficult.

Archived