IGNORED

1st Interview on Website

Tomo

9 minutes ago, RedSA said:

Why do they struggle to keep the camera in focus on these interviews? Must be using DSLRs or something....

I regularly shoot interviews on DSLRs - my current setup being worth under £500. Unless your subject is jumping all over the place, maintaining focus is ridiculously easy with a half-decent body and lens.

he did speak very well, all he can do is prove people (including myself) wrong. with a man with the success of Mr Lansdown in charge I don't believe that L.J was  the clubs 1st choice I don't buy that for a second, Unfortunately I don't think we can attract any big name manager at this stage, and as a young up and coming manager who looks determined to succeed and undoubtedly A Bristol City man Lee was the best 'fit'. like it or loath it he is our new manager and he deserves the support of the loyal, I wish him every success. COYR

4 minutes ago, Ben4BCFC said:

I regularly shoot interviews on DSLRs - my current setup being worth under £500. Unless your subject is jumping all over the place, maintaining focus is ridiculously easy with a half-decent body and lens.

Yeah, if you know what you're doing they work great, my wife's old company used 5Ds to shoot high quality ads etc. In the wrong hands however people seem to really struggle to keep them in focus, or they think they're in focus when they're slightly out. 

2 hours ago, EASTEND WURZEL said:

he did speak very well, all he can do is prove people (including myself) wrong. with a man with the success of Mr Lansdown in charge I don't believe that L.J was  the clubs 1st choice I don't buy that for a second, Unfortunately I don't think we can attract any big name manager at this stage, and as a young up and coming manager who looks determined to succeed and undoubtedly A Bristol City man Lee was the best 'fit'. like it or loath it he is our new manager and he deserves the support of the loyal, I wish him every success. COYR

Hear,hear a very sensible post.

For those without player.

Thought he spoke well, some points;

- recruit from within, coaches and Academy, where you can;

- spoke to dad who said 'get yourself down there my son'

- knows there will be doubters, due mainly to his inexperience in this league

- rates Pembo, happy with Staff and structure

- likes wingers, nippy strikers

- if he had to take one thing from his dad's time would be happy for it to be 'bounce around the ground', although will not join in as dad looked a prat doing it, added 'bounce around the ground, stay until the end'

Body language very positive. 

Will all come down to results of course!

4 hours ago, EASTEND WURZEL said:

Suspect you are right.  He will have been well positioned on the list, but I imagine a couple of other better candidates were sounded out and either;

- didn't convince board of the 'fit'

- demands too high (inc back room staff)

- not interested

We can only speculate who these might have been, but as you knock off names, you see LJ emerging at the top.

I'm pretty excited, and I do think some of that comes on the back of the win v Charlton that suddenly lifts us out of the relegation spots and in a happier state.

56 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Suspect you are right.  He will have been well positioned on the list, but I imagine a couple of other better candidates were sounded out and either;

- didn't convince board of the 'fit'

- demands too high (inc back room staff)

- not interested

We can only speculate who these might have been, but as you knock off names, you see LJ emerging at the top.

I'm pretty excited, and I do think some of that comes on the back of the win v Charlton that suddenly lifts us out of the relegation spots and in a happier state.

Well posted, Dave.

I'm pretty sure that like you -other candidates were "sounded out". Here's the likely conversations...

DM: " Thanks v much and I'm very flattered- but are you having a laugh??? I've managed the biggest club in the world and I'm not about to manage an unfashionable club fighting relegation at this level "

NP: "  Most of what DM said".

3 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Thanks for posting the interview

Great to hear reference to wingers; City have always had good wingers - Jantsen Derrick, Arthur Milton at the end of one unforgettable season, and Scotty in another come instantly to mind. Any other suggestions ?

Why oh why do people always fail to mention the best winger we ever had ?

Junior Bent. If he could have made a cross or got a shot on target - he'd be 

Archived