IGNORED

Mark 'Gobbledygook' Ashton

RedRock

Having been in a profession that used 'process' and 'methods' decades before it became fashionable with management types, a couple of words in your ear matey. 

1) Use Plain English when communicating with the masses.

2) Football is an 'Art', so leave ample room for intuition in decision-making. 

3) People often become blinded by 'process' and 'methods' with them becoming the end rather than means to an end, stifling imaginative and creative thinking.

That's all :-)

2 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Having been in a profession that used 'process' and 'methods' decades before it became fashionable with management types, a couple of words in your ear matey. 

3) People often become blinded by 'process' and 'methods' with them becoming the end rather than means to an end, stifling imaginative and creative thinking.

Would that be one of the "older" professions, mate?

12 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Have the 'masses' become so dumbed down that they now can't understand plain English?

I really don't understand the venom being thrown at MA.

He speaks eloquently, is smart and professional in appearance, and since being here the Club have been more informative about what's going on.

What do people want...a bloke moaning all the time, talking like a wurzel, and wearing a gold chain and a pot of hair gel and snarling his nostrils...oh....hang on a minute...I get it now ;-)

In all seriousness...the club seem damned if they do...damned if they don't.

All I can see from certain fans is a reverse snobbery.

Yeah, Mark use plain English FFS.

Pretentious arsehole.

MA: "Be under no illusions - Lee is experienced. John Pemberton is there and very experienced in the background too."

MA: "He's very bright, educated and clear on what he wants to do. It's about a way of working and being attuned to how Lee wants to work."

MA: "It was a good, healthy interview - quite punchy at times! What came across was how detailed and professional Lee is."

MA: "Lee fits the type of head coach or manager I like to appoint. What we won't fail on is hard work. It's not a job, it's a way of life."

MA: "It would be unprofessional to say who else I spoke to. Lee is very detailed in his approach and I believe the time is right for him."

MA: "There are other clubs who would take Lee tomorrow. He was always going to be our first choice."

MA: "I had a list of people I would recommend and the Board had theirs. Lee's name was on both. I like to appoint young and bright people."

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

Have the 'masses' become so dumbed down that they now can't understand plain English?

I really don't understand the venom being thrown at MA.

He speaks eloquently, is smart and professional in appearance, and since being here the Club have been more informative about what's going on.

What do people want...a bloke moaning all the time, talking like a wurzel, and wearing a gold chain and a pot of hair gel and snarling his nostrils...oh....hang on a minute...I get it now ;-)

In all seriousness...the club seem damned if they do...damned if they don't.

All I can see from certain fans is a reverse snobbery.

It's good to see someone sticking up for the club, spud. If you don't do it, who will?    :thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

It's good to see someone sticking up for the club, spud. If you don't do it, who will?    :thumbsup:

I've been one of the Clubs biggest critics JD...but I can only see the Club trying to do the right thing and improve now...so credit where credit is due.

As 'Kid' points out...he speaks plain English and makes sense.

All I see from certain fans, is a reverse snobbery...a fear of a 'suit'...did someone bully them at work?

The "masses" are having our cake, and eating it. Didn't @Badger once say, let them eat cake?*

First, we chastise the club for telling us diddly-squat. Then, we do the same for talking to us in tongues. It's one of the few pleasures of being a long-term fan of an unsuccessful club. We have to take our minds off the football and league table somehow, don't we?

*I might be getting muddled up here. 

7 minutes ago, spudski said:

I've been one of the Clubs biggest critics JD...but I can only see the Club trying to do the right thing and improve now...so credit where credit is due.

All I see from certain fans, is a reverse snobbery...a fear of a 'suit'...did someone bully them at work?

I'm glad you asked me that question....as @Sir Colby-Tit says, let me be clear about that. I think you'd be "surprised" at some of the names on here that have been bullied at work....probably for spending time on Otib....

49 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Perhaps you should touch base with him for some blue sky thinking

9 minutes ago, spudski said:

There certainly does seem to be a bit of that, Spud.

The bloke has been brought here to handle the business side of footballing operations and so he looks and sounds like a businessman.  Footall clubs are businesses and need to be run on sound financial criteria. 

We've seen some impressive arrivals since he's been here, so unless I see proof he is in league with the Devil,  I am happy he works for us.

Just now, BCFC Jordan said:

I'm so confused about what he actually does. Has Mark Ashton taken over Keith Burt's role?

You obviously don't get the point, if nobody knows what he does he can't get blamed for anything, that's how most managers operate and why they have fancy job titles

it all maters not whatever he says or the way that he says it because his job will be safe until something better comes his way, he could for instance arrange deals for a raft of shit players that he and Burt come up with, it will only be the manager/coach who will pay the price not only for his own decisions but also for the decisions of others of course unless something better comes the way of the manager/coach as well.

Just now, BCFC Jordan said:

I'm so confused about what he actually does. Has Mark Ashton taken over Keith Burt's role?

As I understand it, he is the link between Coach/DOF/Scouts and the board......naturally he will be a more "corporate" type, however, he does have a grounding and hands-on football experience.

For instance, the Coach/DOF will list/recommend players they want and MA will take it from there, contacting clubs/agents/negotiations

Just now, RedRaw said:

As I understand it, he is the link between Coach/DOF/Scouts and the board......naturally he will be a more "corporate" type, however, he does have a grounding and hands-on football experience.

For instance, the Coach/DOF will list/recommend players they want and MA will take it from there, contacting clubs/agents/negotiations

Exactly this. Plus he's not just a corporate suit. He was a goalkeeper for WBA wasn't he? So he has a background in the game.  Some people are so scared of change. 

Archived