IGNORED

Rotherham : Redfearn out / Warnock in (MERGED)

HoldenBall

8 minutes ago, BCFC Jordan said:

Please don't appoint SC.

I'd be quite happy if they do and he plays 3-5-2 all season.  Whoever goes there is going to struggle. Evans like him or loathe him was doing a fair job keeping them up in the champ.

They're panicking even more than we did last time we were in the Championship, would have done better to stick with Redfearn. Why don't their Board realise their main problem is a lack of cash, they've just wasted some more by sacking the manager?

Not sure the club is big enough for Cotts to be interested. Pembo would be mad to go there for his first appointment.

6 minutes ago, roe said:

Don't see why anyone would want that job to be honest. All clubs have ambitions but the likelihood of Rotherham reaching a sustainable level above where they are at the moment seems pretty slim.

Similar to the way the world viewed Bristol City when Cotterill took over..........and look what happened.

18 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Similar to the way the world viewed Bristol City when Cotterill took over..........and look what happened.

Difference is we were one of the bigger fish in the division were in and struggling.  A number of our players were better than they were showing and Cotts brought that out of them.  Rotherham are punching above their weight in the Championship and, whilst there might be managers who could narrowly keep them up, I don't think there's much more than to be brought out of the current squad.  Whoever is in charge they're looking at narrow survival at best...

17 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Yes, but we couldn't morally keep him here, his motivation would be affected, and I can't see our management doing it since they want people to improve themselves and be ambitious

I'm not convinced JP would want to go.  I'm sure he'd be interested in a managerial role in the right circumstances but I also get the impression his relationship with the board and the club is more than decent and he'd only want to go for the right opportunity.  Not sure Rotherham'd be it.  I also suspect Rotherham might want to get someone with experience.  Robins or Cotterill seem far more likely choices.  I imagine Cotts would jump at the chance to try and prove us wrong too...

4 minutes ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

If any club approached us for Pemberton as their manager, he'd be mad not to go and talk to them. Surely he wants to be more than just an assistant all his career.

I actually don't belive he does, myself. At 51 if he wanted to be a manager, he'd have gone for a suitable role before now.

6 minutes ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

If any club approached us for Pemberton as their manager, he'd be mad not to go and talk to them. Surely he wants to be more than just an assistant all his career.

Agree - JP gets the job , WE made temp asst , JP plays U18s for rest of season as Rotherham fail to collect another point , is promptly sacked , only to be reappointed as first team coach on a 4 yr contract at ...... Bristol City

Good Shout that 

:yawn:

5 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I'm not convinced JP would want to go.  I'm sure he'd be interested in a managerial role in the right circumstances but I also get the impression his relationship with the board and the club is more than decent and he'd only want to go for the right opportunity.  Not sure Rotherham'd be it.  I also suspect Rotherham might want to get someone with experience.  Robins or Cotterill seem far more likely choices.  I imagine Cotts would jump at the chance to try and prove us wrong too...

Make for an interesting evening on 5th April

Regards Pemberton. Kinda like temping or standing in really...he is still contracted here, for a little while he was the main man but he surely knew it may well be a temp arrangement. Is the way the economy etc is going and though I could see why he would want to prove himself elsewhere, if you're a temp you're in a position as long as you are required so hopefully he'll stay here as assistant.

Archived