IGNORED

Rotherham : Redfearn out / Warnock in (MERGED)

HoldenBall

Regarding JP, he has job security here & seems settled in the area.

Football management & coaching positions aren't that easy to find.

You'll find that a lot of managers / head coaches would like to take their own team of assistant / coaches with them, so the fact that he could of been released now & be looking for another job along with another 100 plus people, I think he will be happy that he has the security of a job & see how things pan out.

Who knows, SC may land the S****horpe, Barnsley or Rotherham job & may want JP to go with him but then SC maybe told that he has to work with the staff that are already there & that then means another job opportunity missed.

1 hour ago, roe said:

Don't see why anyone would want that job to be honest. All clubs have ambitions but the likelihood of Rotherham reaching a sustainable level above where they are at the moment seems pretty slim.

Couldn't agree more. Look at attendances, Rotherham were lucky to last more than one season in the championship, take Yeovil for example.  Their best bet is to prepare for league one now or they face the threat of free fall due to lack of consistency. As for bristol city we are comfortably a mid/lower championship team in theory. Now we've lee Johnson I can only expect we will be looking at champions league slots in the next couple of years.

38 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Regarding JP, he has job security here & seems settled in the area.

Football management & coaching positions aren't that easy to find.

You'll find that a lot of managers / head coaches would like to take their own team of assistant / coaches with them, so the fact that he could of been released now & be looking for another job along with another 100 plus people, I think he will be happy that he has the security of a job & see how things pan out.

Who knows, SC may land the S****horpe, Barnsley or Rotherham job & may want JP to go with him but then SC maybe told that he has to work with the staff that are already there & that then means another job opportunity missed.

JP may not want to follow SC though? Maybe he was as frustrated with SC's stubbornness to change as were others so why would he want to go with someone who is my way or the highway...

10 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

He made them difficult to beat but the football was dreadful, lot of 0-0 draws, especially at home. 

True enough and I'd not be over the moon with him as a manager here for that reason but picking up a point on a regular basis is really not something I want Rotherham doing at this point in time...

I think the club has seen Pemberton alright, he's survived managers being given the boot and is well thought of. I can't imagine he would sacrifice job security for a brief fling at Rotherham, the best you can hope for at Rotherham is keeping the club up year after year on a small budget.

10 minutes ago, Im_over_ere said:

JP may not want to follow SC though? Maybe he was as frustrated with SC's stubbornness to change as were others so why would he want to go with someone who is my way or the highway...

He may not want to go with SC but he may well have that option while having the current job security of being here at City where he is clearly well thought of.

I guess it depends on how much of gambler JP is, does he stay here where him & his family are seemingly settled or take the risk (if the opportunity arises) of a management position, which as mentioned above at 51 years old is a risk or follow SC to either of the clubs I mentioned earlier? All of which I would guess have a lower budget than us, which would probably result in a drop in wage.........

Looking at that reasoning, I think he'd be silly to move & uproot his family & lose what seems to be very secure job.

Don't think Pemberton would even look twice at that job TBH.

He's first team coach here, and his stint with Wade as carertaker will only have solidified his postion, and likely influence over footballing matters here.

People saying he'll be upset he wasn't offered the job here; I'm not too sure.  He's a smart man, and while he may or may not have had much say under SC beyond coaching, I think in the system we'll be working with going forwards, Permberton's contribution will be vital, and he knows that.

1 hour ago, samo II said:

Don't think Pemberton would even look twice at that job TBH.

He's first team coach here, and his stint with Wade as carertaker will only have solidified his postion, and likely influence over footballing matters here.

People saying he'll be upset he wasn't offered the job here; I'm not too sure.  He's a smart man, and while he may or may not have had much say under SC beyond coaching, I think in the system we'll be working with going forwards, Permberton's contribution will be vital, and he knows that.

Agree...You would think if Pembo really wanted to be a manager, he'd have gone before now

2 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Wouldn't surprise me if they asked Warnock to name his price to keep them up.

Colin seems to be on every bookmakers odds when a manager is sacked......surely someone must love him and take him in, would love to have a crystal ball and know which and have a punt on him.....until then..........:mf_sleep:

14 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

He may not want to go with SC but he may well have that option while having the current job security of being here at City where he is clearly well thought of.

I guess it depends on how much of gambler JP is, does he stay here where him & his family are seemingly settled or take the risk (if the opportunity arises) of a management position, which as mentioned above at 51 years old is a risk or follow SC to either of the clubs I mentioned earlier? All of which I would guess have a lower budget than us, which would probably result in a drop in wage.........

Looking at that reasoning, I think he'd be silly to move & uproot his family & lose what seems to be very secure job.

Is that the family that live in Sheffield and the wife that comes down for weekends when we are playing at home??

19 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Mark Cooper and Cotts early favs.  Pembo 4th Fav at 12s..  Mark Robins would be my guess, did well there last time.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/rotherham/next-permanent-manager

I would have said Mark Cooper. Tamworth to Rotherham isn't too much of a commute.

Providing his phone is on and he's not still in Tenerife :thumbsup:

Saying that, who wants to take charge of a relegation-threatened side at this point in the season? Post transfer window 'n' all....

Archived