IGNORED

Caption competition - go...

kmpowell

RSG legal department.

"Under the terms and conditions of our sponsorship, we clearly requested our logo to be obscured in the event of little Lee becoming Head Coach of BCFC. As you are in clear breach of our agreement, you can sponsor your own bloody West stand".

Hurumph.

5 hours ago, ten minutes of rough said:

Getting a bit out of hand, I love wit, but this is tasteless so called humour, seems to be all those who hold ancient grudges against the Johnston's  like to chip in with homophonic comments now, sort of adds another level to their unfounded agenda against him. LJ has stated he is excited about returning here, as he actually is a supporter, shame on you lot that ridicule him. In many ways he is a bigger man than you keyboard warriors.

I do know you love to have a thread about the Gas, non league, basement Rovers etc, but to give it out to our coach and staff, is totally unacceptable. 

caption
ˈkapʃ(ə)n/
noun
  1. 1
    a title or brief explanation accompanying an illustration, cartoon, or poster.

6 hours ago, ten minutes of rough said:

Getting a bit out of hand, I love wit, but this is tasteless so called humour, seems to be all those who hold ancient grudges against the Johnston's  like to chip in with homophonic comments now, sort of adds another level to their unfounded agenda against him. LJ has stated he is excited about returning here, as he actually is a supporter, shame on you lot that ridicule him. In many ways he is a bigger man than you keyboard warriors.

I do know you love to have a thread about the Gas, non league, basement Rovers etc, but to give it out to our coach and staff, is totally unacceptable. 

Come on mate. This one of the funniest threads for ages and I'd say it's been done with a lot of affection for Lee. There's actually a lot of welcoming going on for him, at Charlton, at the 3 Lions and now on here. Most of the caption jokes are on Ashton,

If ever there was a pompous suit who is ripe for the ****take it's Ashton

40 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Come on mate. This one of the funniest threads for ages and I'd say it's been done with a lot of affection for Lee. There's actually a lot of welcoming going on for him, at Charlton, at the 3 Lions and now on here. Most of the caption jokes are on Ashton,

If ever there was a pompous suit who is ripe for the ****take it's Ashton

Something about the Bristol soh that rips into some folk, whilst yes he is a suit and he might be a bit pompous, but goes with the territory, what do you prefer, a bloke like Ashton or a tramp? (No offence to tramps mind) they are good at what they do I suppose, and obviously Ashton is good at what he does. Anyway what happened to tramps? Used to see loads around, cue Gas' jokes' aaaggh.

Some of those so called jokes were a bit near the knuckle, actually the funniest gags are not the obvious homophobic ones etc, but the more subtle, I considered contributing but the thread had already dissolved into a mess. 

Glad there is genuine support for Lee, thought he came over well in the interview, and he states he is a City fan, what is there not to like? 

Ashton seems a cool customer, let's cut him some slack.

1 hour ago, ten minutes of rough said:

Something about the Bristol soh that rips into some folk, whilst yes he is a suit and he might be a bit pompous, but goes with the territory, what do you prefer, a bloke like Ashton or a tramp? (No offence to tramps mind) they are good at what they do I suppose, and obviously Ashton is good at what he does. Anyway what happened to tramps? Used to see loads around, cue Gas' jokes' aaaggh.

Some of those so called jokes were a bit near the knuckle, actually the funniest gags are not the obvious homophobic ones etc, but the more subtle, I considered contributing but the thread had already dissolved into a mess. 

Glad there is genuine support for Lee, thought he came over well in the interview, and he states he is a City fan, what is there not to like? 

Ashton seems a cool customer, let's cut him some slack.

I sympathise if a nerve was touched by some of the attempts at humour mate. You've got to admit it was a blinding photograph? As for Ashton, as least he was a goalie but I've found that people who are genuinely great at their job don't go on telling whoever is near how great they are. I will support Lee although he wasn't my first choice. I can't stand all this "He was the outstanding candidate" BS. We've had this in the past many times (Sexton was fond of saying that) and look at the success rate of the "outstanding" Managers appointed by  BCFC in recent times apart from Johnson and Cotterill (who do you think is to blame for what happened to him?).

PS What is Bristol soh?

35 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

I sympathise if a nerve was touched by some of the attempts at humour mate. You've got to admit it was a blinding photograph? As for Ashton, as least he was a goalie but I've found that people who are genuinely great at their job don't go on telling whoever is near how great they are. I will support Lee although he wasn't my first choice. I can't stand all this "He was the outstanding candidate" BS. We've had this in the past many times (Sexton was fond of saying that) and look at the success rate of the "outstanding" Managers appointed by  BCFC in recent times apart from Johnson and Cotterill (who do you think is to blame for what happened to him?).

PS What is Bristol soh?

Hi mate, soh = sense of humour ha! I agree with what you say, and personally the appointment of Lee was underwhelming for me. But realistically who could we get? Lee seems a good fit with the backroom staff, hate that term, as Pembo is the main cog in the wheel, at the moment, Lee is going to learn from him, hopefully there is no ego problems.

As far as Cotts is concerned, I think he was a bit of a Maverick and was a bad fit for the new ethos, could be all wrong of course, who really knows?

Archived