IGNORED

I like Marmite

glastonred

I was very impressed with LJ's comments during his press conference. I particularly appreciated his honesty and self-deprecation, that during his time when he played for City, fans regarded him as "a Marmite player". Well, I love Marmite and I look forward to seeing Lee seek to extract our players' best qualities, playing tasty football, and where we have teams on toast in every match.

9 hours ago, shelts said:

Brown unsliced bread, anchor butter and Marmite. Mmmm

8 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Isn't unsliced bread a loaf? How does one toast a loaf? Under the grill?

6 hours ago, shelts said:

Cut the bread. Toast or not to toast that is the question ?

Total nonsense to suggest that one can eat marmite on un-toasted bread. Beggars belief what some people will put in their mouth. Shameful.

No brainer... Toasted to a mid golden lustre on a thick self cut wholewheat or granary loaf, allowed to cool for two minutes, apply a generous helping of ENGLISH Country Life unsalted butter and evenly spread the marmite to the four edges. Serve with a small optional bowl of finely grated vintage extra tangy cheddar cheese and a strong cup of Assam Tea, semi skimmed milk and no sugar. 

Thats tomorrows breakers sorted. 

Thanks to the OP for reminding me I have a jar of Marmite in me larder. England at its very best.

You don't need to be a good player to be a good manager. LJ knows the club reasonably well, considering he played for us for a good while. If the board choose to back him he could do very well for us.

With that being said, LJ has always been articulate, and that's passed through into his management career. Let's hope that he can rally the troops towards a solid end to the season.

41 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

marmite and marmalade sandwiches.

down cheddar gorge,there is a cheese shop that sells marmite cheese. now that is gurt lush

That sounds just so wrong!!

Coincidentally we were having the Bovril Marmite debate at work last night. Its not really a debate Bovril is sh..e

7 hours ago, Slippin cider said:

For me it has to be an uncut white loaf.....slice a chunk off..toast it....real butter...(not Marge) ...then marmite...and enjoy! 

Oh yes fella. Now you're talking!!!

On a different note, Mr Peg hates Marmite but loves Twiglets and Bovril. He's just weird.

Archived