IGNORED

Blue Lines: Unfortunate Title, Brilliant Record.....

Jack Dawe

9 minutes ago, Andy1970 said:

Wasn't at The Gate today. What tune was played?

Saw a very early incarnation of Massive Attack at the Granary. Think they were called 'Wild Bunch' then? It was all street names and Kickers tags! Haha. Good times.

Unfinished Sympathy. Only caught the end as I walked in to ground. Fitting on the week of its 25th anniversary. 

Safe from harm against Brighton please @Tim S ;)

3 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Unfinished Sympathy. Only caught the end as I walked in to ground. Fitting on the week of its 25th anniversary. 

Safe from harm against Brighton please @Tim S ;)

Midnight Rockers, City Slickers...I too would like to hear Safe From Harm played at the Gate.

For those MA fans who may not know where the bass & drums on that awesome track came from, just have a little listen to this link, it will blow you away. The original is a tune called Stratus by Billy Cobham, the celebrated jazz drummer. I listen to Cobham's Spectrum album often. The drumming is insane, ******* insane, as is all the playing. The groove on Cobham's original track is actually better and funkier than on the Massive Attack tune. Forward about 3 minutes to get to the groove

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5aw2rM0w-pc

On 11 February 2016 at 09:18, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Superb. Takes me back to many a happy hour watching this lot, The Crazy Trains and Colonel Kilgore......

Christ alive. 30 years ago.

Colonel Kilgores Vietnamese Formation Surf Team....

Seen them a fair few times in my younger days. Were from Nailsea I think?

18 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Midnight Rockers, City Slickers...I too would like to hear Safe From Harm played at the Gate.

For those MA fans who may not know where the bass & drums on that awesome track came from, just have a little listen to this link, it will blow you away. The original is a tune called Stratus by Billy Cobham, the celebrated jazz drummer. I listen to Cobham's Spectrum album often. The drumming is insane, ******* insane, as is all the playing. The groove on Cobham's original track is actually better and funkier than on the Massive Attack tune. Forward about 3 minutes to get to the groove

Clever forum ID then in your case. Much better than Midnight Slicker. Or not.  

5 hours ago, Chivs said:

That's when you played it :)

I was walking towards the stadium and heard MA.  It was a great moment.  More please. :clapping:

PS I don't mean Mark Ashton...

Agree. More. Make the build up a Massive Attack / Wurzels identity. A sort of ying and yang identity. Let's call it "unfinished zider" 

11 hours ago, City Rocker said:

I was at the Kilgores triumphant final gig at the studio. It was more about the audiunce than the band. Amazing show. Bristol has always produced something different, outperformed the rest of the world, musically speaking, right from the Pop Group in 1979 onwards.

I saw them several times at The Granary. One of Bristol's finest. Remember the Saturday afternoon activities that often brought parts of Bristol to a standstill.

Many years later I bought the LP. On Discogs from a bloke in Spain.

Oh to have the means to play it....

Paradise Cowboy!

12 hours ago, City Rocker said:

Fascinating listen, thanks

11 hours ago, finbarr_in_z said:

Agree. More. Make the build up a Massive Attack / Wurzels identity. A sort of ying and yang identity. Let's call it "unfinished zider" 

Very good!

On 2/14/2016 at 12:51, Winston said:

Some cracking Bristol based bands around at the moment (although not sure about any of them following city), but worth checking out if your into heavier type of music. Turbowolf, idles and st Pierre snake invasion all great bands and brilliant live.

.......& historically so. Maybe we could have a match build up featuring this lot

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_bands_from_Bristol

On Sunday, February 14, 2016 at 00:02, finbarr_in_z said:

Slightly off topic, but for a while now I've been meaning to do a Wurzels / Beatles mashup of 'Blackbird'. 

'Blackbird singing in the dead of night / Ow's yer father, ALL RIGHT!'

As you were. I'll get back to you. 

3 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Slightly off topic, but for a while now I've been meaning to do a Wurzels / Beatles mashup of 'Blackbird'. 

'Blackbird singing in the dead of night / Ow's yer father, ALL RIGHT!'

As you were. I'll get back to you. 

No , keep it going. 

I'd not realised Brizzle has given British culture so many punk / Goth bands. There could be a (very messy) mashup from loads of them, so why not WurzelBeat(les). 

We could get George Martin to mix it. Oh, hold on,.............

On 12 February 2016 at 21:43, 054123 said:

It's consistently baffled me for 25 years.

We play the most generic bull shit.  

It could be so much better but sadly speaks volumes about our club knowing nothing of what it is to be a football fan and how interwoven with elements of society it is.

Probably the wrong elements. 

Every time we have this type of thread I say we should come out to 'Unfinished Sympathy'. One day.....

3 hours ago, steveybadger said:

Every time we have this type of thread I say we should come out to 'Unfinished Sympathy'. One day.....

Loop the start of Teardrop to count down the team taking to the pitch and you have a winner.  Teardrop intro looping on a decent PA (which I hope the new Williams will have) would be amazing to build up the anticipation.  

Archived