IGNORED

Striker (not what you think)

Linkedarm wall

Not sure if I'm dreaming this, anyone remember possible 70's, early 80's a  series about a kids football team. I think it was called Striker! Things (which could be a distortion) I seem to remember are BBC, kids TV after school, played in red/black stripes, hot sunny days, main kid character was trying to make it? his Dad was ex-pro got injured out and walked with a stick! Now these are random, his Dad took over the team talk at half-time in one match they were losing - which was a shock as he didn't want his kid to play because of his injury and didn't show much interest! Can anyone add anything else? !! Or am I going mad!

I reckon you'll have to be older like me (forty something at least!) to even vaguely have an idea what I'm on about!

47 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

who remembers the game striker and then became super striker?

Always wanted Striker for Christmas (Hit on the head to kick wasn't it ?)

I actually got a Hong Kong Made Market stall 'version' where you had to pull the players leg back to kick

After three kicks their legs fell off :shutup:

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I actually got a Hong Kong Made Market stall 'version' where you had to pull the players leg back to kick

Subbuteo was far better...and still is ;-)

19 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I did get it for Christmas one year, and was made up.

Imagine giving something like that to a kid nowadays..

58 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I had the Striker game (hitting on the head version). I found some of my old players in my parents' attic a few weeks ago - still working perfectly.

53 minutes ago, spudski said:

Subbuteo was far better...and still is ;-)

Agree with you there. Great accessories as well like the stands and floodlights.

1 hour ago, spudski said:

As a kid, Mikes Mini Men, in Roy of the Rovers was my thing.

Come home from school...read the comic, then have a Subbuteo league with friends that lived down my street. Then go out and play footy...innocent times.

Ah yes, those were the days. I just could never quite work out why I preferred playing Doctor and Nurses with the girl down the road instead of playing Subbuteo..................

I had the Wales subbuteo kit (based on the Coventry one of Ian Wallace era).  One player broke so many items, the air fix glue seemed to melt his legs, so he ended up being shorter than the rest.....and subsequently was always Brian Flynn.

Anyone have the spring loaded Euro goalie, that was based on our very own Jan Möller?

9 hours ago, spudski said:

If you have a Fiorentina in cardboard it's worth a small fortune ;-)

Sadly not spud - just a few odd players !!

I bet any complete teams cardboard or plastic are worth a bit

As Davefevs , any I have got , a few each side look like a 'blobby  Air-fix Glue styled'. Martin Kuhl !!!

My prized team was the England Revie Kit (74) with the red n blue stripes down the sleeves !!

Archived