IGNORED

Bottom 5

Negan

Some could argue that 6-8 teams will be in the relegation scrap as the final months of the season approach us. Looking at it, in my opinion is just the 5 teams... maybe Huddersfield but the likes of Blackburn and Fulham will have enough quality to stay up. Thought I'd give the bottom 5 teams remaining fixtures a look over and have a guess at how we'll all get on....

MK Dons

H Bristol City 0
H Huddersfield 1
A Blackburn 0
H QPR 3
A Charlton 3
A Hull 0
H Brighton 0
A Fulham 0
H Wolves 0
H Rotherham 3
A Preston 1
A Sheff Wed 0
H Brentford 1
A Ipswich 0
H Nottm Forrest 1

13 - 44

Bristol City

A MK Dons 3
H Brighton 1
A Nottm Forest 0
H Cardiff 3
A Wolves 0
A Fulham 0
H Bolton 3
A Hull 0
H Rotherham 3
H Sheff Wed 0
A Brentford 1
H Derby 0
A Blackburn 0
H Huddersfield 3
A QPR 1

18 - 49

Rotherham

A Burnley 0
A Reading 1
H Brentford 1
A Sheff Wed 0
H Middlesbrough 0
H Derby 0
A Ipswich 1
H Leeds 3
A Bristol City 0
A MK Dons 0
H Forest 1
H Huddersfield 3
A Wolves 0
H Blackburn 1
A Hull 0

11 - 37

Charlton

A Fulham 0
A Preston 1
H Reading 0
A Brentford 0
H MK Dons 0
H Middlesbrough 1
A Sheff Wed 0
H Birmingham 3
A Ipswich 0
A QPR 1
H Derby 0
A Bolton 3
H Brighton 0
A Leeds 0
H Burnley 1

10 - 35

Bolton

H QPR 1
A Birmingham 1
H Burnley 0
A Leeds 0
H Ipswich 0
H Preston 3
A Bristol City 0
H Reading 1
A Brentford 0
A Derby 0
H Middlesbrough 0
H Charlton 0
A Cardiff 3
H Hull 1
A Fulham 1

11 - 35

20 Bristol City 49
21 MK Dons 44
22 Rotherham 37
23 Bolton 35
24 Charlton 35

So it will leave the final table looking something like this.... Of course it will probably end up nothing like that but just going on what I think the 5 teams will be able to get from the remaining fixtures. Any one of those teams (hopefully us) can go on a 5,6,7 or even 8 games unbeaten run but looking how the season has gone, I think that final table will be pretty much the same as the one I've predicted, give or take 3/4 points.

5 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

Not saying any of these clubs will get sucked in... right upto 12th but Wolves, Reading, Brentford and Leeds are really out of form. If we can continue our good form maybe we could overhaul a couple of those clubs.

For me, Blackburn look doomed and could be really struggling by the time we play them

I must admit I was surprised to see Wolves only had 9 more points than us and are 12th.

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Don't see how anyone can exclude Fulham from the relegation battle. They are a single point ahead of us, albeit with a game in hand, and have won only 2 of their last 17 games. If we're in the battle then they are too.

Work with a Fulham fan he seems to think their position is totally false and given how they took QPR apart I'd agree. Blackburn in freefall and sell Rhodes no sense?

4 hours ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

Not saying any of these clubs will get sucked in... right upto 12th but Wolves, Reading, Brentford and Leeds are really out of form. If we can continue our good form maybe we could overhaul a couple of those clubs.

For me, Blackburn look doomed and could be really struggling by the time we play them

Pre season I predicted 14th, after you said that my prediction doesn't look totally gone yet.

Blackburn have got a mean defence - 27 conceded in 29 games. Only Hull, Boro and Burnley have conceded fewer than Blackburn (and Forest and Derby have conceded 27).

This defence means they have lost only ten games.

On the other hand, they've only won 6 games, while MK have won 8!

I reckon their defence will see them alright though

33 minutes ago, cynic said:

I think the best we can hope for is 18th, I won't mention the worst.

Those teams already on 40 points or so are more or less safe with only 5 or 6 points to get to make sure of safety and, with 15 games to go, they'll probably get around 58 points which is way beyond what we can expect.

I just hope we can maintain form and keep the bottom three where they are..

I'd agree with that, the key word of my last post was "yet"

I think you have underestimated how many points Rotherham, Charlton and Bolton will get.  I suspect all will get at least 15 points, and possibly 20 in the case of Rotherham.  However, that still suggests to me that 47 points will be enough for safety, which should be within our reach.  I certainly think we're capable of picking up more points away from home than you have forecasted.  Five defeats out of seven?  Not on present form...

14 hours ago, twodogs said:

Work with a Fulham fan he seems to think their position is totally false and given how they took QPR apart I'd agree. Blackburn in freefall and sell Rhodes no sense?

I'm not convinced anyone is in a false position by this stage in the season.  Fulham may be a better team on their day than they are showing but ultimately any team in the bottom eight has to be seen as fighting a relegation battle and the clubs that realise that tend to be the ones that survive.  I reckon the teams right up to Nottingham Forest still have a bit of work to do to ensure they stay in the division next season,

14 hours ago, twodogs said:

That's their daft Venkys owners for you ! (clearly not football people, why did they ever get involved ?!).

Good manager in Lambert though, who should keep them up. 

Archived