IGNORED

will we become Cardiff ?

The Humble Realist

I know there is a thread on this already but with so many empty seats in the Cardiff game will this happen to us with the new stadium. ..

I know it depends on how well we are doing but for arguments sake let's say we spend the next 3 years in championship mid table...how will our attendance look on the tele ?

15 k? 

26 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

I know there is a thread on this already but with so many empty seats in the Cardiff game will this happen to us with the new stadium. ..

I know it depends on how well we are doing but for arguments sake let's say we spend the next 3 years in championship mid table...how will our attendance look on the tele ?

15 k? 

It could happen to us...it could happen to any club with a large stadium (or a larger stadium than their historic attendances need). It's a bit of a risk in that respect however IF we did somehow make it to the Prem we would need the larger capacity. Considering we are averaging 15-16k whilst we are doing shit (up until recently) I don't think it would be beyond the realms of possibility to expect crowds in the region of 20k if we were doing well towards the top end of the Championship. 

Hopefully the new facilities will help to generate extra income that will allow the club to be more competitive in future years and we won't need to worry about huge gaps in the crowd on TV whilst we fight relegation battles every season. 

Ultimately though I fail to see how we would have any chance of progressing in the old Ashton Gate with the way it was.

Just in case this happens to us, I've heard SL is preparing to mitigate the damage by placing an order from an independent trader and his brother based in the flats behind the Dolman.

He's got boxes full of inflatable dolls going cheap, SL's ordered the lot, to fill any empty seats likely to be in camera shot should they be needed.. The delighted trader said lovely jubbly business is booming! :)

I wonder why large stadium do not have inbuilt covers to go over seating tiers for low crowds   e.g. our West Stand upper tier, it would make a lot of these bowl type stadium into neat looking one tier stadiums instead of 30% full empty. 

By the way, why was the South Stand called the South Stand and not Bristol South End ?

We can mitigate this issue pretty well in the new Ashton Gate if we set it up correctly. If you give the Atyeo to away fans and sell the upper West stand as over-flow we will almost always have three very full looking stands and the ground will feel pretty full. If away fans bring a big following then even better. If we open up the Atyeo and upper tier to home fans as the norm our stadium will often look very sporadically filled.   

29 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Just in case this happens to us, I've heard SL is preparing to mitigate the damage by placing an ord er from an independent trader and his brother based in the flats behind the Dolman.

He's got boxes full of inflatable dolls going cheap, SL's ordered the lot, to fill any empty seats likely to be in camera shot should they be needed.. The delighted trader said lovely jubbly business is booming! :)

The only downside is they have all been programmed by Thatch35 to boo our own players and managenent before a ball is even kicked

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Incidentally re. Cardiff...I thought their fans were staying away because they're pissed off with Tan or something? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Cardiff's problem... their owner. He changed their shirt (and changed it back again), interfered in management, he seems to be more for marketing Cardiff for everyone but the fans, etc. He is very much the problem at Cardiff

Only way it would be that bad at the Gate is if SL 'really' hacked off City fans (we have fans who have a bee in their bonnet about SL but I think they are very much in the minority).

19 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

Cardiff's problem... their owner. He changed their shirt (and changed it back again), interfered in management, he seems to be more for marketing Cardiff for everyone but the fans, etc. He is very much the problem at Cardiff

Only way it would be that bad at the Gate is if SL 'really' hacked off City fans (we have fans who have a bee in their bonnet about SL but I think they are very much in the minority).

Obviously there was the shirt colour thing but mean since then? I'm sure they were moaning about something to justify the low attendances. Maybe I'm confusing them having a problem with Slade and not Tan?

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Incidentally re. Cardiff...I thought their fans were staying away because they're pissed off with Tan or something? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

They were only pissed off with Tan after they got relegated from the Prem.

They're a bunch of fickle, cry baby turncoats.  The low crowds are not unexpected.

Archived