IGNORED

How'd you see the Forest game panning out?

reddogkev

Provided we revert back to our Pembo form, and don't have a negative mind-set after being spanked by Brighton, then we should give Forest a good game on Saturday.

They've won 3 games in their last 10, lost their last 2 on the bounce, and seem to be drawing games for fun.

It might sound strange after losing 4-0 at home, but I fancy us to win by a couple of goals.

I'll go City to win 2-0.

I'll also stick my neck out and say Agard won't be taking any of our penalties.

49 minutes ago, Corsham Ed said:

With you all the way with beating Cardiff next weekend. Can't wait for this one.

Yep, the big one is on the horizon, I'll forgive whatever else happens this season if we do a job on Cardiff - wonder what the atmosphere will be like at the Gate???

Still, be nice to take home the 3 points from Forest.

If we could beat Forest and Cardiff, then LJ becomes a God overnight!

Interestingly, they've only scored two more goals than us (31 vs. 29), but have shipped in 28 to our 52. I think only 3 teams have better defensive records. I'll be there, unfortunately I think we'll lose 1-0. They were pretty dire in the reverse game in October. The usual applies though - we need to start brightly and get an early goal. Same story all season. And of course be ruthless in front of goal. A good indication of how up for this we'll be is us winning the 50-50s. When everyone gets stuck in, wins back possession immediately, we seem to be on song. Again, the first half v Forest at the Gate was probably our best 45mins this season. 

Can't see us getting anything from the Forrest game we never do.

As for Cardiff, we should have stuffed them at their place but they've got the best keeper in the league, a draw would be a good result considering the talent they have in comparison to us................but then there's Russell Slade, more unpopular at the time than the LJ appointment, they hate him.

6 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Provided we revert back to our Pembo form, and don't have a negative mind-set after being spanked by Brighton, then we should give Forest a good game on Saturday.

They've won 3 games in their last 10, lost their last 2 on the bounce, and seem to be drawing games for fun.

It might sound strange after losing 4-0 at home, but I fancy us to win by a couple of goals.

I'll go City to win 2-0.

I'll also stick my neck out and say Agard won't be taking any of our penalties.

Gonna stick my neck and say wil go one of three ways.

Win by 1, lose or draw maybe either 0,1 or 2 all.

8 hours ago, Corsham Ed said:

Our record at the City ground over recent years is not that good. I would take a draw if offered.

I've never really understood why fans and the media look at recent records...the turnaround of players and managers is so regular and quick that records just don't matter, it will be a different 11 versus a different 11 in most cases.

If it was exactly the same team against exactly the same team year after year and we never won then I'd be concerned, but records just don't matter when the players ain't the same....

22 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Agree completely. Says it on all previews of games, the irrelevant records. Means absolutely nothing whatsoever.

So do I but you can`t deny that some clubs have bogey sides. I`d suggest Leeds, Forest, Ipswich and Brighton for us but we`re the bogey side for Middlesbrough and Coventry. I`ve no idea why it should be and often the results go totally against the form book but it`s one of those things that make football special.

Archived