IGNORED

El Abd

Red Army 75

Good luck to him, looks like he could be helping a second club to promotion whilst on loan.

For all the flak he takes on here as this is his third loan, it is at least clear that he wants to play football for a living, unlike some wasters we have had on the wage bill in the past.

27 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Yep , that should motivate Dack , the way we've helped El Bad's career ...

Wow !  Your taking a chance !  El Bad.  I called him that about a year ago and got strung up right and proper  ! :ph34r:   Seems odd that he never made it here at all, never looked like he would either, when i had the vision of the next Shaun Taylor after all the huff and puff from Brighton about what a legend he was there.  I recall after he was sent off at Peterboro he was described as a 'wrestler' more than a footballer and always prone for events like that !

Good luck to him.  

16 minutes ago, Super said:

Good that he wants to play when there are plenty of players these days that don't.

15 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Good luck to him, looks like he could be helping a second club to promotion whilst on loan.

For all the flak he takes on here as this is his third loan, it is at least clear that he wants to play football for a living, unlike some wasters we have had on the wage bill in the past.

Yeah, fair play to the bloke. Can't knock him at all really

8 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Would hope this mean Baker is fit and Ayling not far behind.

Probably not, I remember El-Abd being picked out for particular criticism by LJ a couple of seasons ago when we played at Oldham, I remember him saying something like 'El Abd just kept grabbing my players by the shoulder .... etc' so probably doesn't rate him, I doubt Pembo would have changed his view.

1 hour ago, ashton_fan said:

Probably not, I remember El-Abd being picked out for particular criticism by LJ a couple of seasons ago when we played at Oldham, I remember him saying something like 'El Abd just kept grabbing my players by the shoulder .... etc' so probably doesn't rate him, I doubt Pembo would have changed his view.

This highlights El Abd's biggest problem. He kept giving away free kicks, and seemed about to get booked at any minute. Not sure why as, at Brighton, he was a good player. It may be because he'd lost a bit of pace and it affected his timing. 

1 hour ago, DT The Optimist said:

Wow !  Your taking a chance !  El Bad.  I called him that about a year ago and got strung up right and proper  ! :ph34r:   Seems odd that he never made it here at all, never looked like he would either, when i had the vision of the next Shaun Taylor after all the huff and puff from Brighton about what a legend he was there.  I recall after he was sent off at Peterboro he was described as a 'wrestler' more than a footballer and always prone for events like that !

Good luck to him.  

He's big and he's bad , he's Adam El Abd .

Honestly we sign a nasty, street wise , fighter of a player and then get all precious because he's a nasty , streetwise , fighter of a player .

If we gave him a run in the team , in his favoured position in a back four we may even be talking of a cult hero here now .

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Another who has n't been given a chance here .

There have been rumours of a fall out with Cotterill but surely that's in the past .

I wish Adam all the best .

Yet you called him El Bad in the post above the one I've quoted?!

Come on Major, you're better than that! 

"6 o'clock Fawlty - might have a, um, fruit juice or something..."

13 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yet you called him El Bad in the post above the one I've quoted?!

Come on Major, you're better than that! 

"6 o'clock Fawlty - might have a, um, fruit juice or something..."

I have said on many occasions that El Bad is my homage to Adam , i'm sure he likes it .

It is in no way disparaging .

Not like calling Freeman , Missi , for example , which , whilst being accurate , is n't very supportive and i support all our lads who pull on the jersey and give their best to    our club .

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

He's big and he's bad , he's Adam El Abd .

Honestly we sign a nasty, street wise , fighter of a player and then get all precious because he's a nasty , streetwise , fighter of a player .

If we gave him a run in the team , in his favoured position in a back four we may even be talking of a cult hero here now .

Cult hero?  In fairness, I agree, he may well have been....the key was he never played in his correct position.

Archived