IGNORED

Great Bristol 10k

Fiale

8 hours ago, Just Red said:

I've completed the half marathon, The adrenaline on the day really keeps you going. You don't have to run the whole distance, you can walk as much as you want. May even consider doing this.

I may end up walking some, as I am doing a walk/run training programme - though I am aiming to at least shuffle/run/jog the whole thing if possible...

How did you do on the half marathon ? I am thinking that I will make that my next goal providing this 10k does not kill me.

On 2/27/2016 at 11:42, Fiale said:

I may end up walking some, as I am doing a walk/run training programme - though I am aiming to at least shuffle/run/jog the whole thing if possible...

How did you do on the half marathon ? I am thinking that I will make that my next goal providing this 10k does not kill me.

I found the key was to run as far as possible before walking because as soon as I had stopped running once I kept stopping. I made it half way down the Portway before beginning to walk.

It is pretty soul destroying having to go down the Portway and then turn back and run back down it.

I found listening to high tempo music worked well and you naturally gravitate into groups along the way and offer each offer moral support.

The hardest bit for me was near the end. The last mile or two was pretty much all on cobbles and by that time I had blisters on my feet so was agonizing going over those cobbles.

Good luck with your training, please keep us updated how you get on.

3 hours ago, Libertine1 said:

Can't say anything about the 10k but I've done the Bristol half. If it's anything like that then it's definitely worth doing. I was very surprised at seeing so many spectators and it made it so much more enjoyable.

Yes at Times the spectators kept me going.

Absolutely love Bristol 10k - one of my favourite races, probably second only to the London marathon. Mainly because it's on my doorstep and relativity easy (for me) to complete! Will be my 8th attempt this year but probably won't be one of my fastest.....

Archived