IGNORED

Season ticket prices 2016/2017

Snufflelufagus

20 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I'm sure the prices were due to be announced last Monday but the club are rightly looking into where best to house the standing section before they can confirm prices. 

They aren't due on sale for another 3 weeks anyway. 

That was my understanding too, I'm sure DL read out something about the 22nd Feb at the Ipswich game, but since then it's has all blown up about the singers being moved to the Dolman and after this didn't go down too well it's all gone quiet.

7 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

The idea has now been canned and we're staying in the Atyeo.

Was this reason for this because general consensus was a move to Dolman wasn't fancied or was it because of health and safety etc?

Any word on when club are to release ST info, considering we now know they have binned off idea of moving singers?

17 minutes ago, Healeyred96 said:

Dolly why can't we give the away fans all of the atyeo

The alternatives have never really been thoroughly examined, but a section of City support would prefer to remain in that stand / the other possible options could be unpopular.  

20 minutes ago, Healeyred96 said:

Dolly why can't we give the away fans all of the atyeo

It's been discussed a lot but I believe the main reason is that standing cannot be tolerated in any other stand due to them being too steeply raked.  I get that and understand why the Atyeo crew would therefore want to stay where they are.  It's just a shame that we're not having the one independent stand given over to away fans, with the three connected stands with shared concourse entirely given to home fans.  This would have seemed like the neatest and most obvious solution.  It would also prevent any need for segregation.  But I see both sides on this one.

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

In that case I'm struggling to understand why the obvious solution is not being applied.  It would seem crazy to compromise the whole design of the ground on the whim of fans who have occupied the Atyeo for a mere two seasons, without good reason.

As pointed out the alternatives were never thoroughly examined. That examination should have been part of the promised consultation years ago. Fans in the Atyeo have taken a pragmatic view, which will inconvenience nobody. That is respectful.

The ground design will not be compromised by City fans being present in that stand. The Atyeo Pub if it becomes a reality, and if it is truly fan led will enhance the stadium because it is an opportunity to do something very different.  The Atyeo Pub if it becomes a reality and is accessible to others will be supported by fans outside of the Atyeo.

7 minutes ago, WTMS said:

As pointed out the alternatives were never thoroughly examined. That examination should have been part of the promised consultation years ago. Fans in the Atyeo have taken a pragmatic view, which will inconvenience nobody. That is respectful.

The ground design will not be compromised by City fans being present in that stand. The Atyeo Pub if it becomes a reality, and if it is truly fan led will enhance the stadium because it is an opportunity to do something very different.  The Atyeo Pub if it becomes a reality and is accessible to others will be supported by fans outside of the Atyeo.

The design compromise comes if away fans are now to be housed in another stand, thus creating a need for segregation and breaking up the concourse.  If they are still to be housed in the Atyeo, then I agree it's fairly inconsequential.

I'm not against home fans staying in the Atyeo, it just doesn't seem like the obvious solution when you have three connected stands and one independent one.

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The design compromise comes if away fans are now to be housed in another stand, thus creating a need for segregation and breaking up the concourse.  If they are still to be housed in the Atyeo, then I agree it's fairly inconsequential.

I'm not against home fans staying in the Atyeo, it just doesn't seem like the obvious solution when you have three connected stands and one independent one.

Away fans will remain in the Atyeo, as will a section of City fans. It is the obvious solution. A very obvious one which will not inconvenience fans in other stands. Any other option would HAVE to inconvenience fellow fans / probably cause resentment.

The Atyeo could still be connected in a flexible form to the Dolman. That would be an attraction to fans in the Dolman if the pub becomes a reality. The facilities in the Dolman concourse fail to impress quite a few.

im in the atyeo,  i would have no problem giving the away fans the whole end, easier segregation, plenty of teams, would bring 3/ 4 k to the gate, villa, leeds, wednesday,birmingham, sunderland, etc,  in an era we need to make every pound we can, it seems strange to turn down possibly, thousands of paying customers ? when there are thousands of empty seats dotted around the ground. 

I can see the better supported away teams having fans all over the place next season.

No offence to those in the Atyeo but it's a shocking idea to split it with 23,000 home seats to fill.

I really hope this doesn't come to cause problems in the adjoined stands.

15 minutes ago, kivsy said:

im in the atyeo,  i would have no problem giving the away fans the whole end, easier segregation, plenty of teams, would bring 3/ 4 k to the gate, villa, leeds, wednesday,birmingham, sunderland, etc,  in an era we need to make every pound we can, it seems strange to turn down possibly, thousands of paying customers ? when there are thousands of empty seats dotted around the ground. 

Be careful what you wish for. Your season ticket came with a heavy discount. 

6 minutes ago, ciderup said:

I can see the better supported away teams having fans all over the place next season.

No offence to those in the Atyeo but it's a shocking idea to split it with 23,000 home seats to fill.

I really hope this doesn't come to cause problems in the adjoined stands.

To be honest, if it routes out the outdated cavemen who can't cope with a fan of a different team that sounds like a massive yet unexpected bonus.

4 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

To be honest, if it routes out the outdated cavemen who can't cope with a fan of a different team that sounds like a massive yet unexpected bonus.

I agree with the sentiment BCR but I have an issue if said away supporter / cavemen are sat next to my 13 year old when they should have the whole detatched stand but the club are pandering to the minority, as usual.

Disgraceful decision IMO. The club have royally ballsed this up, not the supporters.

Archived