IGNORED

Tasteless reporting by Sky (not sure about others).

Tipps69

I actually went to the game last night, there was no crowd trouble until literally the last few minutes of the game and even that looked hand bag stuff... Liverpool set a flair off when they scored and god knows what they used looked like it was about to blow up!!! United fans sang "the sun was right your...." Must of lasted all of 20 seconds! There was one Liverpool fan that was in the United end that I saw which must of forgot he was there as he was soon getting a lot of songs sang at him stewards kicked him out end of story

Someone may have already mentioned this, but apparently United fans hung a banner over a motorway bridge saying 'murderers'

Two sets of fans I've no love for, if I'm honest. I'm all for having a rivalry, it makes football what it is, but that is bang out of order. I'm sure United fans will point to songs about Munich being sung by Liverpool fans....both as pathetic as each other

2 hours ago, Robin1988 said:
26 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Someone may have already mentioned this, but apparently United fans hung a banner over a motorway bridge saying 'murderers'

Two sets of fans I've no love for, if I'm honest. I'm all for having a rivalry, it makes football what it is, but that is bang out of order. I'm sure United fans will point to songs about Munich being sung by Liverpool fans....both as pathetic as each other

This is what my original post was about!!

By Sky reporting this it is just stoked the fire & increasing the hatred between the two clubs!!

The police removed the offending banner & it may of been seen by a few thousand but by reporting this, Sky are making millions aware of it & this is what I don't agree with, it should of just been left as it was & a lot more people wouldn't of been aware of the banner!!

4 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Apologies mate - got carried away with the scuffles

Have to say, I found it out that it was reported on the news app last night. It's like they want it to kick off....

Yeah, that's where I seen it & that's the way I see the reporting of it.

There was no need to bring it to light & to me it is like they are trying to incite more trouble.

6 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Can't quote you directly @Tipps69 for some reason but if it gets hushed away, kept quiet and unreported, they get away with it. I'll use the same example again; if some Rovers fans made a banner about a disaster involving City, and the Post kept it quiet, they would be hounded out and rightly so.

I understand what you are saying but for the greater good of the general area & of the two football clubs, it would of been better if it had been left unreported because as I have said already, it is just stoking the fire even more.

And that to me is tasteless & unacceptable!!

1 hour ago, Robin1988 said:
5 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Can't quote you directly @Tipps69 for some reason but if it gets hushed away, kept quiet and unreported, they get away with it. I'll use the same example again; if some Rovers fans made a banner about a disaster involving City, and the Post kept it quiet, they would be hounded out and rightly so.

I don't see how not reporting it means they get away with anything. They can be taken care of with the authorities without it being plastered all over the news and like @Tipps69 says, inciting more problems, or at least fuelling the rivalry. 

Don't be too shocked by the reporting in certain areas of the media ,

Murdoch hates football and its fans... comes from his love in with Thatcher way back (we all know the horrid SUN stories about Hillsborough) ...... 

Yet its probably the biggest way he earns his dirty ££££   ,.....that and the phone tapping of course....

Remember going to one game at OT and at half time they had lads about 7 or 8 from both teams taking pens at HT, was shocked when thousands were chanting "You Scouse B*****D at the Liverpool lads. They take Rivalry to another level than most.

Bit late to this but are you suggesting we SHOULDN'T be told about this kind of stuff? Why not? Because it's not local? Or of interest? To whom? Very weird. If you don't fancy reading it, don't bother  it's pretty simple. 

We still live in a world where millions of people don't have access to the free press. Let's just be grateful we do eh. If you don't like the left/right narrative to certain media outlets then just change who you get your news from; it's a freedom denied to plenty. 

34 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Bit late to this but are you suggesting we SHOULDN'T be told about this kind of stuff? Why not? Because it's not local? Or of interest? To whom? Very weird. If you don't fancy reading it, don't bother  it's pretty simple. 

We still live in a world where millions of people don't have access to the free press. Let's just be grateful we do eh. If you don't like the left/right narrative to certain media outlets then just change who you get your news from; it's a freedom denied to plenty. 

I don't think it should of been reported, there was a reason why the police seen fit to remove the offending banner & that was in part because of the fear of what repercussions it would cause but Sky then seen fit to publish the story!!

They may as well of published a story saying that all Man Utd fans think Liverpool fans are murderers because one banner had been put on a motorway bridge!!

It is inciting more hatred between two clubs that don't need anymore pushing in that direction!!

City fans & Ro*ers fans have put banners on motorway bridges in the past to celebrate their rivals failures in play-offs or finals but I've never seen it make news on any national press or for that matter local press & that was just because the banners that were put up were just taking the mick out the clubs rivals failure as a football team!!

Not to do with a human disaster which would be in bad taste, as it was last night!!

4 hours ago, bs20ciderarmy said:

I actually went to the game last night, there was no crowd trouble until literally the last few minutes of the game and even that looked hand bag stuff... Liverpool set a flair off when they scored and god knows what they used looked like it was about to blow up!!! United fans sang "the sun was right your...." Must of lasted all of 20 seconds! There was one Liverpool fan that was in the United end that I saw which must of forgot he was there as he was soon getting a lot of songs sang at him stewards kicked him out end of story

More than one and can see why the locals took offence.

image.png

6 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

No because me putting something on here is probably reaching a couple of hundred people at most & I've not posted any link to the story & it's highly unlikely that I have reached any Liverpool fans & maybe fuelled anymore hatred!!

Sky posting a story on their website that states that the police took down an offending banner on a motorway bridge (that may have been seen by a couple of thousand people) & the then subsequent chanting that they state was barely noticeable before it fizzled out has brought it to the light to many millions of people as well as to those Liverpool fans who it was meant offence too, who may not of been aware of such tasteless chanting / banners until Sky have decided to highlight such acts!!

How many Liverpool fans do you think I may have pointed in the direction of the story & caused to fuel further hatred?

How many Liverpool fans do you think may of read a multi-national reaching website that probably has millions of hits a day?

You want to try Google one day, you'll be surprised what a search engine finds (maybe not) or are you going to tell me that OTIB has a 'noindex' policy.

As to Sky, I just don't follow their News coverage. Why? Because it's shite.

As to Man U and LFC fans, some of them take hate to another level. A bed-sheet with unpleasantries daubed on it just demonstrates this.

Finally, if you are one of the professionally offended, fill your boots. The irony of your post is, you've demonstrated you follow Sky News shite and you have fuelled the story.

4 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

You want to try Google one day, you'll be surprised what a search engine finds (maybe not) or are you going to tell me that OTIB has a 'noindex' policy.

As to Sky, I just don't follow their News coverage. Why? Because it's shite.

As to Man U and LFC fans, some of them take hate to another level. A bed-sheet with unpleasantries daubed on it just demonstrates this.

Finally, if you are one of the professionally offended, fill your boots. The irony of your post is, you've demonstrated you follow Sky News shite and you have fuelled the story.

It takes a lot to offend me & to be totally honest with you, this news story was on their football app!!

I don't tend to follow any "normal" news feeds or programs but I do follow a few football / sports news feeds!!

I just find inciting hatred through football or sport a bit tasteless, I don't like Man Utd or any other Premiership club for that matter but that doesn't mean that I wish anyone connected with them any ill!!

4 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Right on brother.

Freedom without responsibility or culpability.

Free the Springfield 2!

Archived