IGNORED

Weakened team against hull?

Hull's form is not that great. MK drew there last week. Confidence is high, and does not matter where we get the six or seven points we need now, so I would put out our strongest side. Last time we tried this was at Derby and that would be no good. 

No need to fear them. 

Hull haven't won at home since 16th Jan, and have only scored twice at the KC in that run (five games), so why on earth would be go there not aiming for a victory?

I understand the caution, but we could get a point or three in that match, and take pressure off the Rotherham match, which with results going the way they are isn't actually looking as key as we expected.

The further we both pull away, the more the pressure eases on that match; at this rate could end up being one where a draw suits both parties.

Genuinly believe Fulham and MK are at far greater risk than Rotherham now when you look at the upcoming fixtures and form.

8 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Play to win every game. 

At this stage we're better going for it to try and get three points than locking things down and aiming for one; a win and a loss (regardless which game) against Rotherham and Hull helps us more than two draws (though clearly four or six points would be preferable...).

I've just worked out that with Fulham playing MK while we're playing Hull, we are guaranteed to be at least 5 points clear of the relegation zone at the end of the day, regardless of our result at Hull. We also can't drop down the table.

I think we can therefore consider the Hull game as something of a "free hit", as the consequences of defeat cannot be that devastating, and it's a game we would be expected to lose.

But I wouldn't play a weakened team!

We should definitely play a full-strength team.

We have lots of options as well, unlike earlier in the season, with much more strength in depth. It was really good today to be able to bring on the likes of Kodjia and Freeman in the second half. It wasn't very long ago that we were struggling to fill the bench.

Fielding a weakened team could lead to a loss.

City are at the wrong end of the season and the wrong end of the table for being afforded the luxury of playing tactically.

46 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

A definite NO. We stand a reasonable possibility of getting at least a draw. Hull like many other sides involved in the promotion scrap are like batsmen in the "nervous nineties" - no consistency.

True , at this time of year form goes out of the window and the teams with the biggest hearts prevail.

1 hour ago, East Yorkshire CideRed said:

Hull & their fans are all feeling pretty nervous at the moment & they have form bottling it against us (remember the 0-0 when we were already relegated?). So, we should be going for the win.

Did you think this through enough??! I think we all remember another game against Hull than that one

20 hours ago, red from the blue side said:

With the Rotherham game a few days later should we rest players. I think we only need to beat Rotherham and Huddersfield and we're safe.

I can tell you now, LJ will play the weakend team against Hull, and the midweek team against Rotherham. 

What is our best team? What is a weakened team?

Some would say the best team would be the one that just thrashed Bolton 6-0 others are already saying Korey should start if fit! 

With Bobby starting ahead of LF and LA on the bench with Codge...Can someone tell me what is our best team and how would go about weakening it?

My thought is LJ may adjust slightly due to injury (if any) or tactically if appropriate, but what is obvious is we now have a really good squad with, players that want to get on and god forbid score goals!....SC please note!!

2 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Do we even have a weakened team to field now that Lee is in charge?

My point exactly. I don`t think anyone could categorically say what our `first team` is at the moment (with the probable exception of the back four, keeper, Pack, JB & Tomlin barring injuries).

Great to have a squad to choose from at long last.

Archived