IGNORED

JPT and the Premier League 'B' teams

cityboy

Whilst I never again wish to have to watch City enter this competition for league 1 & 2 teams, I do hope the football league tell the Premier League to do one over this. Sadly, I can see it coming to pass instead.

Imagine a JPT final of Chelsea reserves v Stoke reserves at Wembley being played in front of 1500 people, denying smaller teams the opportunity to play in front of 50,000+...

Just another example of greed knowing no bounds at the top level, and their utter disdain for the football league.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/03/19/premier-league-in-negotiations-for-under-21-teams-to-enter-johns/

14 minutes ago, cityboy said:

Whilst I never again wish to have to watch City enter this competition for league 1 & 2 teams, I do hope the football league tell the Premier League to do one over this. Sadly, I can see it coming to pass instead.

Imagine a JPT final of Chelsea reserves v Stoke reserves at Wembley being played in front of 1500 people, denying smaller teams the opportunity to play in front of 50,000+...

Just another example of greed knowing no bounds at the top level, and their utter disdain for the football league.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/03/19/premier-league-in-negotiations-for-under-21-teams-to-enter-johns/

Whilst I dislike the idea, that theoretical final you mentioned would sell out, like it or not. Big clubs would travel well to your Accrington/Oxford/Rovers ties just because of the novelty of it. Bristolian Liverpool fans would be able to get tickets for example.. It might boost attendances and interest in the short term even if the principle of it sucks basically.

If you ignore the initial revulsion at the thought of the Prem teams again trying to flex their 'muscle' and mess with the football league, it's actually quite an interesting concept.  I've no doubt that the league clubs would dispatch of the fledgling Premier teams, and the players and fans would saviour the prospect of doing so.

It could add to the value of the competition, and would also give the league clubs a look at some young players they might want to take on a loan.

Before this idea was raised, I've often wondered whether the Football league Trophy should also be for Championship clubs.

Despise the idea, not like these big clubs get enough publicity anyway is it? Not fair on your L1 & L2 clubs and their fans, where the JPT competition is a real chance for them to play / see their team play in a final at the national stadium, a highlight for many players / fans alike of these clubs.

Hope the FL stick two fingers up at these PL clubs and tell them where they can shove their overpaid 12 year olds and their money.

If they want a U21 / Reserve Premier League completion, go create on yourselves -  don't hijack a competition that is a chance for these L1 & L2 clubs to have their chance at a decent little cup run and potential memorable day out for supporters at Wembley

I thought it was the football league trophy. Not the football league, under 21s, and anyone else who fancies a kick-about trophy.

If top clubs want their younger players to get first team experience, they could offer them out on loan without a loan fee and without expecting lower league clubs to foot the majority of the wages of some child who has probably never played in the first team but already earns far more in a week than a lower league player gets in 3 months.

I like the idea of B football being taken a bit more seriously, made a bit more competitive and attempts to get fans interested in going to see more u-21 games and think there's of things that could be done (like a Premier League 'B', featuring the best U-21 teams and a stronger sense of an u-21 pyramid.  And I actually think that could work.  Especially if you got cheap tickets to see the 'stars of the future'.

However I think that should be a separate entity altogether - not tied into an existing competition.  The JPT is unique and has its place in giving teams from the lower leagues a chance of silverware and a day out at Wembley.  I don't support changing it at all. 

45 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Whilst I dislike the idea, that theoretical final you mentioned would sell out, like it or not. Big clubs would travel well to your Accrington/Oxford/Rovers ties just because of the novelty of it. Bristolian Liverpool fans would be able to get tickets for example.. It might boost attendances and interest in the short term even if the principle of it sucks basically.

Not sure if you meant Bristol based Liverpudlians, which is fair enough ?

Bristolian Liverpool fans can do one !

32 minutes ago, Selred said:

Keep the competition as it is to allow smaller clubs get their cup finals.

Prem teams play their kids in the FA and Carling Cup's anyway. 

EXACTLY,

All these competitions need freshening up.

The fa cup should have a champions league place the league cup should only be payed by 234 and have a europa league place. AND the jpt should have a promotion place to the championship . Then watch em all play. Cups will be like the old days! By the way if anyone wants to know how the extra promotion place works? i need to think about it but where theres a will etc

Onward and sideways...............

3 minutes ago, the frampton balti said:

EXACTLY,

All these competitions need freshening up.

The fa cup should have a champions league place the league cup should have a europa league place. AND the jpt should have a promotion place to the championship . Then watch em all play. Cups will be like the old days! By the way if anyone wants to know how the extra promotion place works? i need to think about it but where theres a will etc

Onward and sideways...............

I completely disagree about the JPT. We took it seriously and we were going for promotion. If the likes of us were playing kids then fair enough, but we didn't. 

Agree about FA Cup and League Cup though.

15 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Not sure if you meant Bristol based Liverpudlians, which is fair enough ?

Bristolian Liverpool fans can do one !

Sadly, in my experience, they definitely exist. Never been to a game yet support successful prem teams just because they can.. Never understood it myself, you just don't get the same enjoyment.

7 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Sadly, in my experience, they definitely exist. Never been to a game yet support successful prem teams just because they can.. Never understood it myself, you just don't get the same enjoyment.

I can confirm this.

When I coached my eldest son's team in a squad of 16 none supported a"local" team and despite the fact that I have taken him to AG many times over the years, even 4 times this season, he is a die-hard Manchester United fan.

Thankfully my younger son only has one team that he is devoted to.

15 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

I can confirm this.

When I coached my eldest son's team in a squad of 16 none supported a"local" team and despite the fact that I have taken him to AG many times over the years, even 4 times this season, he is a die-hard Manchester United fan.

Thankfully my younger son only has one team that he is devoted to.

Look here now ,,,,,if your dads dads dad was a scouser then fair play but if it was your dads dads dads dad then enough is enough and get yourself down the gate!

If they want to do it..... Make em pay!

If I was the football league the only way I would even consider it would be if they pay millions for entry. If every prem team was made to pay £3 million a season (nothing with the new sky money) then the football league could give every team in league 1 and 2 £1.25m each-Nothing to a prem team but the difference in survival for some of the smaller teams in those 2 divisions.  (I'm aware that this is never going to happen.)

The next thing I would ask would be for a scrap to parachute payments. If a team can't organise it's finances when they are earning £100 million for finishing last then they don't deserve subsidising over the next 3 years!!!

Here we go again. Premier League has a problem, let's get the Football League to sort it out for a bit of cash.

The message to supporters of L1 and L2 clubs is the football authorities don't value your clubs/support. It is all about making life easier for the super rich.

From the article will the Premier League be paying L1/L2 supporters as they will be missing out on the chance of seeing their team at Wembley.

Stupid idea.

There's an extremely easy way to ensure that the kids get a look in.

Leave the Football League alone, and force a maximum games rule in the Premier League. Make it so that any registered player can only play in 25 league games a season.

This provides the following benefits:

• The Premier League keeps its filthy mitts off of the Football League
  • Kids get to play in meaningful competition
  • The cups get elevated because your best players can sit out of league matches.
  • Premier League teams are forced to utilise their whole squads, instead of hoarding players
  • There is no longer an excuse of tiredness from the FA. Players are forced to take time off by their clubs.
  • Parity. You either play your players, or you send them on loan elsewhere. If you're a good player and you're still not getting in the team then you'll go elsewhere.

If teams kick off about it, then bump it up to 30 games. Either way, for 8-13 games a season someone else (probably a U21 or reserve player) will get the chance to impress or sit on the bench.

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

No they wouldn't and its not about filling up Wembley its about the giving smaller clubs a shot at something.

Archived