IGNORED

How many season tickets are actually available?

Flagon

56 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

Why can't the club do what they have done this season and make the area allocated to away supporters depend on the numbers expected.

I presume they will have to allow POTD for away supporters next season, but they could still make more seats available to home supporters for many games where the away support will be less than the 10% allocation the league dictates.

I'm sure that's exactly what they will do.

2 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Couldnt the Atyeo unlucky ones take up the first two blocks of the lower Dolman in that corner? Would keep the 1400 or 1700 whichever figure it is 'together' as such. 

An increased number of people would end up displaced then.

Apparently a fair number indicated they'd be moving from the Atyeo, but I'm guessing those results were received before prices were announced. 

Hopefully everyone gets what they want, but I would imagine that there are nerves amongst both fans and management.

Me and 4 mates would love to join the Atyeo lot. That's 5 extra voices contributing to the match day atmosphere. I do try in the Dolman but God knows it is simply a lost cause in there, embarrassingly quiet. I'm sure there are many other city fans who would love to do the same and join the singers, particularly anyone that used to be in the Eastend and aren't in the Atyeo currently.

Unfortunately the way the club have handled this means that the section can not grow, is shrinking considerably even, and Ashton Gate's last bit of atmosphere is on its way out. Massive shame. Stick the current Section 82 in the South Stand and watch it grow. Would it really have been that hard.

Looks like it's gonna be a move to the South Stand then, who to be fair have given it a much better go than the Dolman this season. Although the fact that they've stuck another family section in there is likely to kill the bit of atmosphere in there. **** sake.

2 hours ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Me and 4 mates would love to join the Atyeo lot. That's 5 extra voices contributing to the match day atmosphere. I do try in the Dolman but God knows it is simply a lost cause in there, embarrassingly quiet. I'm sure there are many other city fans who would love to do the same and join the singers, particularly anyone that used to be in the Eastend and aren't in the Atyeo currently.

Unfortunately the way the club have handled this means that the section can not grow, is shrinking considerably even, and Ashton Gate's last bit of atmosphere is on its way out. Massive shame. Stick the current Section 82 in the South Stand and watch it grow. Would it really have been that hard.

Looks like it's gonna be a move to the South Stand then, who to be fair have given it a much better go than the Dolman this season. Although the fact that they've stuck another family section in there is likely to kill the bit of atmosphere in there. **** sake.

As @Rich said above, I truly believe they want it to die out. They're slowly eroding that section and have tried to phase out that type of supporter for years.. I think this was clear from their U-turn on the south stand suddenly being no standing due to suddenly 'realising' the 'rake was too steep' to stand in. They knew that from the offset.. The club has allocated a hugely disproportionate amount of family areas etc and a tiny section for s82.

Thinking about it, how many of the clubs communications have featured images of s82 or similar groups? I don't think any. The season ticket stuff all has pics of kids/families etc in replica shirts and the club scarves. This is fine, but it subliminally shows who the club are interested in as a demographic. Imagine similar communications from Liverpool for example, of course there would be images of the Kop. It's ingrained in their club's culture and unfortunately our club don't want that it appears.

Wait, wait wait...

You have a group of fans who had their probably best opportunity to move into the South stand and call it home... yet they don't want to because its clean, modern and not for them. They want to stay in the stand they left in droves when the east end re-opened so they can make their own pub, scribble on the walls and make rude hand gestures at the away fans.

So the club has done its best to accommodate them not try to kill them off. They want to stay in the Atyeo while away fans are put into the top tier of the west stand, an area that our own supporters are up in arms about because its not open every week or for season tickets. So what should the club do?

In my mind they should have been forced to vacate the Atyeo as its about the best time possible while the stadium in in flux to relocate them, after this season too many people will be settled in central SS and another massive fight will ensure if you try and move the singers over.

There are quotas for away fans, and for the FA cup its pretty much the entire Atyeo stand and all 1000 tickets are sold on the proviso they may have to relocate for certain games yet the fans still prefer this to setting up elsewhere.

43 minutes ago, Sydneybcfc said:

Wait, wait wait...

You have a group of fans who had their probably best opportunity to move into the South stand and call it home... yet they don't want to because its clean, modern and not for them. They want to stay in the stand they left in droves when the east end re-opened so they can make their own pub, scribble on the walls and make rude hand gestures at the away fans.

This was never given as an option. It was Atyeo as it stands or Dolman A/B which would involve moving lots of existing ST holders. Personally, I believe this would have been a better move but that's not the point. The SS was never given as a choice.

So the club has done its best to accommodate them not try to kill them off. They want to stay in the Atyeo while away fans are put into the top tier of the west stand, an area that our own supporters are up in arms about because its not open every week or for season tickets. So what should the club do?

Where has this been said? It hasn't. It was the club's proposal originally to move large allocations of away support in cup games to that area and that was in exceptional circumstances anyway.

In my mind they should have been forced to vacate the Atyeo as its about the best time possible while the stadium in in flux to relocate them, after this season too many people will be settled in central SS and another massive fight will ensure if you try and move the singers over.

Agree with this, but the club never offered it as an option so what can people do?

There are quotas for away fans, and for the FA cup its pretty much the entire Atyeo stand and all 1000 tickets are sold on the proviso they may have to relocate for certain games yet the fans still prefer this to setting up elsewhere.

It's not really about fans' choice, they simply weren't given many options. Either option has big negatives to it. Rock and a hard place.

11 hours ago, kivsy said:

That's me buggered then next season. Meaning no pay on the day , and 700 fans who have to move stands , I love going in the atyeo and my lad loves the atmosphere, singing and flag waving , he will be gutted whe n I tell him next season we will have to go in a different stand 

Do you only get this option with an Atyeo season ticket and will the club have to offer the same option to away fans?

• Admin

People seem to be forgetting that, yes there are ONLY 1400 currently available in the Atyeo, there is NOT 1700

Apart from that, the Atyeo has been nowhere near full on any game this season, yeah the end block has been and these people will be offered the chance to stay in the same end blocks next season.

What will also help is the large number of tickets that are currently given out in that stand will no longer be, so all in all current ST holders will be ok

14 hours ago, Rich said:

I find that supporters are creatures of habit, they like to watch the game from a certain area, that area is frequented by familiar people, moaners, singers, shouters, ruffians and blithering idiots. 

I would be quite keen to upgrade from the moaners to the blithering idiots.

Can you tell me which section the blithering idiots sit in and how many tickets are available?

Many thanks.

• Admin
24 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

Can you tell me which section the blithering idiots sit in and how many tickets are available?

It depends on league position and time of the season.

Near the bottom and they are generally found around the half way line or in the corporate section, near the top and you could spin a wheel and find one no doubt in any part of the ground

7 hours ago, phantom said:

People seem to be forgetting that, yes there are ONLY 1400 currently available in the Atyeo, there is NOT 1700

Apart from that, the Atyeo has been nowhere near full on any game this season, yeah the end block has been and these people will be offered the chance to stay in the same end blocks next season.

What will also help is the large number of tickets that are currently given out in that stand will no longer be, so all in all current ST holders will be ok

Am I right in thinking that only 90% of the stand is available due to the sit / stand anywhere policy?

Perhaps if people agreed to sit / stand in their correct seat more STs could be sold?

5 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

Many thanks.

We don't want your kind in with us idiots.  So I'm not going to tell you I'm in S21.

Why don't we see how next week goes as not a lot we can do now. no doubt most if not all atyeo ST will have been renewed then discuss on this thread about potentially purchasing tickets as a group in the lower dolman or if a large enough group can agree on another part of the stadium?

8 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

Many thanks.

There is a small section for blithering idiots in each stand apart from the Atyeo. I believe there are 200 seats available in the South Stand, they are randomly located so that everyone can enjoy the company of a blithering idiot. In the Dolman stand they are in sections of ten seats one behind each other, allowing them to pass on relevant information about the lack of soap in the pasty queues.  There are thirty rows, making 437 in total. The new concreted areas A5 and A6 in the lower West stand are designed to stop the spread of blitheringism onto other fans located in that stand. It remains to be seen if the concrete is high enough, I have my donuts. I hope this information is of use, if not please contact the blithering idiots appreciation society BIAS. There address can be found.

3 hours ago, RedWilly said:

Why don't we see how next week goes as not a lot we can do now. no doubt most if not all atyeo ST will have been renewed then discuss on this thread about potentially purchasing tickets as a group in the lower dolman or if a large enough group can agree on another part of the stadium?

Keep posting sensible ideas like this and you'll be banned.

Since when has it been a requirement to ask the club where you can sit? Other than what's available, Just do it. Take over the area you want, over the next couple of seasons. If people don't like the noise or behaviour, they'll soon get relocated and you'll have your own area that can grow naturally. I would like to suggest joining the already good numbers in the South Stand, it makes a good noise and many people already stand in the back row. Add a few hundred more and we'll have the traditional home end back again, regardless of what the club are trying to do in dividing the Atyeo group.

17 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

As @Rich said above, I truly believe they want it to die out. They're slowly eroding that section and have tried to phase out that type of supporter for years.. I think this was clear from their U-turn on the south stand suddenly being no standing due to suddenly 'realising' the 'rake was too steep' to stand in. They knew that from the offset.. The club has allocated a hugely disproportionate amount of family areas etc and a tiny section for s82.

Thinking about it, how many of the clubs communications have featured images of s82 or similar groups? I don't think any. The season ticket stuff all has pics of kids/families etc in replica shirts and the club scarves. This is fine, but it subliminally shows who the club are interested in as a demographic. Imagine similar communications from Liverpool for example, of course there would be images of the Kop. It's ingrained in their club's culture and unfortunately our club don't want that it appears.

I don't agree at all that the club, or rather Bristol Sport, want the atmosphere to die out mate. It's in the club's interest to keep a significant proportion of its fanbase onside and to retain a vibrant atmosphere on matchday.  

Compared to where we were a few years ago the club have a much more relaxed attitude to standing, flags on poles, displays before kick off like streamers etc. 

BUT they are also obviously very keen to promote the new corporate side of AG, hospitality packages as well as the 'family experience'.

It's a balancing act. At the moment the balance seems weighted against S82 but it's up to them to prove their worth, create the demand and if it's there they can grow and I'm confident the club (sorry BS!) will help facilitate that.

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I don't agree at all that the club, or rather Bristol Sport, want the atmosphere to die out mate. It's in the club's interest to keep a significant proportion of its fanbase onside and to retain a vibrant atmosphere on matchday.  

Compared to where we were a few years ago the club have a much more relaxed attitude to standing, flags on poles, displays before kick off like streamers etc. 

BUT they are also obviously very keen to promote the new corporate side of AG, hospitality packages as well as the 'family experience'.

It's a balancing act. At the moment the balance seems weighted against S82 but it's up to them to prove their worth, create the demand and if it's there they can grow and I'm confident the club (sorry BS!) will help facilitate that.

I don't think the club actively want the atmosphere to die out. I am saying that they want to eradicate the type of behaviour that would dissuade more middle income earners from attending matches. By using Fabian strategy they are able to weed out and reduce the numbers to a manageable level and create a less hostile environment. I believe that most of the lads and lasses just want to go along and sing, chant and enjoy the whole experience. Sadly there are still some who enjoy the more sinister side of supporter rivalry. That I believe is why we don't have a designated singing section in the main part of our stadium. It was noticeable in our play off final against Hull, little groups of people and no mass Choir (as they were once called) to help the team on, as Hull had. Whether it made a difference, who knows but, Hull got promoted. I don't believe the club hierarchy believe it's important or even, give it much thought, but they are doing a good job of eradicating a section of supporters.

23 hours ago, Threshing Red said:

If I am one of the unlucky ones not to get a season ticket in the Atyeo, then the club will be the unlucky ones. 

100% if the club want me to sit with kids and statues and charge me another 100 quid for the privilege I'll do something else on a Saturday. This renewal better go well .... 

10 hours ago, Rich said:

I don't think the club actively want the atmosphere to die out. I am saying that they want to eradicate the type of behaviour that would dissuade more middle income earners from attending matches. By using Fabian strategy they are able to weed out and reduce the numbers to a manageable level and create a less hostile environment. I believe that most of the lads and lasses just want to go along and sing, chant and enjoy the whole experience. Sadly there are still some who enjoy the more sinister side of supporter rivalry. That I believe is why we don't have a designated singing section in the main part of our stadium. It was noticeable in our play off final against Hull, little groups of people and no mass Choir (as they were once called) to help the team on, as Hull had. Whether it made a difference, who knows but, Hull got promoted. I don't believe the club hierarchy believe it's important or even, give it much thought, but they are doing a good job of eradicating a section of supporters.

The mass sterilisation of the game..as always,things go too far.will stick to mainly away fixtures to get my fix!

Archived