IGNORED

Dolman Seat Advice

reformed_red

Apologies if there are already comments in a long-lost thread on this subject......

My daughter and I have to re-locate from the family corner as she is not under 12 for next season. We have great seats up high in the family corner, but as we have to move my daughter has asked to go closer to the pitch.....

Please can someone advise on how many rows from the front are sensible to avoid the rain? I know the sun goes up quite far back, but I'm happy to wear sunglasses. Just not so keen on a plastic raincoat!:thumbsup:

I sit in row 19 which is in the upper section (it's about 9 rows back from the lower section). Before the roof extension rain would sometimes reach there if the wind was in the wrong direction. Now it's just abou OK, but I wouldn't go any lower and definitely not in the lower section. Also the higher you are the less problem you get with the sun, due to the roof. 

1 hour ago, reformed_red said:

Apologies if there are already comments in a long-lost thread on this subject......

My daughter and I have to re-locate from the family corner as she is not under 12 for next season. We have great seats up high in the family corner, but as we have to move my daughter has asked to go closer to the pitch.....

Please can someone advise on how many rows from the front are sensible to avoid the rain? I know the sun goes up quite far back, but I'm happy to wear sunglasses. Just not so keen on a plastic raincoat!:thumbsup:

A good question. I think the front rows should be cheaper for this very reason. I've found that it's been pretty dry at matches this season. I was surprised when it rained one day that it reached south stand row 8. I'm currently trying to work out where the rain will reach in the west stand! Place your bets!

34 minutes ago, reformed_red said:

Thanks all. I was half expecting a wave of sarcasm, but all good helpful info, nice one.

We're pretty gutted we can't keep our current seats, but rules are rules :ph34r:

Well you learn something every day, I didn't realise there was an under 12 rule. What happens if you are a family, Mum, Dad and 3 or 4 kiddies, as soon as one reaches 12 you all have to find seats elsewhere? That doesn't sound right or fair. I can understand an increase in price perhaps once a child reaches a certain age but not to turf people out. 

So what happens to the said family then, older child has to move and goes to another part of the stadium. Do the parents split the childcare, I'd dad takes daughter to the Dolman and Mum stays with other younger children, that's not right either. What happens if there is just one adult? Do all move and now younger children are forced to leave the 'safe' family area, and hear more robust football language? I am staggered if this arrangement happens as there is no way to avoid it.

i can understand that you can't be a child forever, but come on 12?

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

Well you learn something every day, I didn't realise there was an under 12 rule. What happens if you are a family, Mum, Dad and 3 or 4 kiddies, as soon as one reaches 12 you all have to find seats elsewhere? That doesn't sound right or fair. I can understand an increase in price perhaps once a child reaches a certain age but not to turf people out. 

So what happens to the said family then, older child has to move and goes to another part of the stadium. Do the parents split the childcare, I'd dad takes daughter yo the Dolman and Mum stays with other younger children, that's not right either. Do all move and now younger children are forced to leave the 'safe' family area, and hear more robust football language? I am staggered if this arrangement happens as there is no way to avoid it.

At the age of 12, kids are sold by Bristol Sport to a life of slavery.

Didn't you get the memo? It was also announced over the 'tannoy' to the Dolman and SS on Tuesday.

Apparently if you didn't voice any objections, you've signed up.

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

At the age of 12, kids are sold by Bristol Sport to a life of slavery.

Didn't you get the memo? It was also announced over the 'tannoy' to the Dolman and SS on Tuesday.

Apparently if you didn't voice any objections, you've signed up.

I'm afraid my two are too old to be child slaves, but no I didn't get the memo...yup what else have I missed because of that tannoy!

10 minutes ago, RedM said:

So what happens to the said family then, older child has to move and goes to another part of the stadium. Do the parents split the childcare, I'd dad takes daughter to the Dolman and Mum stays with other younger children, that's not right either. What happens if there is just one adult? Do all move and now younger children are forced to leave the 'safe' family area, and hear more robust football language? I am staggered if this arrangement happens as there is no way to avoid it.

It will be once all children are over 12, not just one of them.

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

I'm afraid my two are too old to be child slaves, but no I didn't get the memo...yup what else have I missed because of that tannoy!

I'm sorry, but we were all sworn to secrecy. 

But if I was to say 'food' and 'voucher' you can probably guess the rest.

2 hours ago, reformed_red said:

Thanks all. I was half expecting a wave of sarcasm, but all good helpful info, nice one.

We're pretty gutted we can't keep our current seats, but rules are rules :ph34r:

Whoosh. Everyone's been taking the piss mate. Didn't notice I assume? 

Your best bet is to try and get a ST on the bench, the roof is low and you get padding.

4 hours ago, reformed_red said:

I've sat in row 1 lower tier Dolman all season and haven't got wet :whistle:

Archived