IGNORED

2016/17 kit

alexukhc

3 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

Being a bit # unsavy. If any text on here, facebook etc starts with # does it somehow get linked to twitter? #unsurehowthehashtagoworksandifsomeonehastagalwayslinksthetexttotwitter

Facebook and Twitter use hashtags these days, as does Instagram, Snapchat an many other social media options.

8 minutes ago, Bowie said:

Jesus..  Shirt has been confirmed.

Utterly Dreadful someone needs to be sacked for those hashtags!

Unless the person who's idea it was is unsackable? Say, SteveL loves the idea, then what? 

• Admin
17 minutes ago, RedM said:

Don't worry folks, we've got the away shirt coming soon, wonder what talking points that will raise. (see more of the kit on Monday, unless anything else gets leaked in the meantime). 

My money is this being the reaction !! :redcard:

#Prepareformeltdown !

24 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Because we liked it, so it didn't matter. Don't think P+L made us a laughing stock, people just commented on it. Hashtags are tacky, unnecessary and look naff. It's not about other clubs opinions, it's about our opinions. If they'd polled all the season ticket holders I'd guess less than 1% would have been supportive of hashtags.

Yeah I take your point and personally would have preferred the shirts to be Hashtag free. However, to claim less than 1% is a bit misrepresentative as actually a lot of the young people I interact with on social media and in person seem to really like this unique aspect of the design. 

2 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Does anyone know if this makes us the first team to use a '#' anywhere on our shirt, let alone twice on the front?

Maybe we will start a trend, have the #Gas released their shirt (sorry nearly missed the r out then), sure #prowd and #Irene will soon appear

2 minutes ago, RedRobin13 said:

Yeah I take your point and personally would have preferred the shirts to be Hashtag free. However, to claim less than 1% is a bit misrepresentative as actually a lot of the young people I interact with on social media and in person seem to really like this unique aspect of the design. 

Really? Where have you seen young people saying they #like the hashtags? I've seen precisely 0 on any Bristol City fan led Facebook pages or on Twitter.

• Admin
1 minute ago, brizzlelou said:

I actually really love this shirt! Would look bootiful with hooped socks! So all the #itk's who said it would be 100% pinstripes were wrong? How unusual.

Didn't see anyone say anything about pinstripes - and no there won't be hooped socks

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Really? Where have you seen young people saying they #like the hashtags? I've seen precisely 0 on any Bristol City fan led Facebook pages or on Twitter.

I wouldn't say I like the hashtags, but they don't bother me.  Bigger things in life to worry about. 

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I've just commented to someone that I've seen no favourable comments at all. The best I've seen is that al least it's not identikit and it's uniquely different. I really think they should have done some market research on this

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I've seen quite a few hiding in amongst all the outrage, and actually a lot of people don't interact with official pages for the fear of being shouted down. Again I'm against the Hashtags but it is naive to think that Bristol Sport didn't put any thought into it.

6 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

I wouldn't say I like the hashtags, but they don't bother me.  Bigger things in life to worry about. 

Of course there are, but I don't think that's the point here. People aren't angered by the #hashtags themselves, it's the worrying lack of knowledge and market research at the club for them to think this was a good idea. There's huge opposition for this and most people on the forum or elsewhere could have told the club this would not go down well, it's obviously a poor idea that people would dislike.

6 minutes ago, RedM said:

I've just commented to someone that I've seen no favourable comments at all. The best I've seen is that al least it's not identikit and it's uniquely different. I really think they should have done some market research on this

That's it. How are the designs created and chosen? I know we're in-house now so it's not like we can blame an out of touch American manufacturer or something. That's the concerning thing, someone or a group of people at our club thought this would be popular as it's in the commercial interests of the club to produce a popular design that sells.

Archived