IGNORED

2016/17 kit

alexukhc

4 minutes ago, RedRobin13 said:

I've seen quite a few hiding in amongst all the outrage, and actually a lot of people don't interact with official pages for the fear of being shouted down. Again I'm against the Hashtags but it is naive to think that Bristol Sport didn't put any thought into it.

Got any links or screenshots? Genuinely interested as I've seen 0. 

6 minutes ago, RedRobin13 said:

I've seen quite a few hiding in amongst all the outrage, and actually a lot of people don't interact with official pages for the fear of being shouted down. Again I'm against the Hashtags but it is naive to think that Bristol Sport didn't put any thought into it.

Could you indicate which fans bodies/groups, reps and supporters were involved?

It is not naïve to cynically conclude Bristol Sport do not want meddlesome fans input into their club.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

But do you #like the hashtags or not? If you had the choice, hashtags #on or #off? 

I don't really care either way, I don't hate them like some people seem to, I think they look ok.  The worst bit is the collar for me, but where are the threads on OTIB about that??

The club hasnt consulted fans on shirt design for years and years if ever from my memory so I don't know why people thought they would start doing it now.  Personally asking fans to design shirts and vote on them etc etc is the kind of embarrassing stuff League 2 clubs get up to.  Decisions like shirt design should stick with designers IMO they have done well the last 2 years I would say, and they look to have a good shirt for next season as well, good luck to them

2 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

I personally don't like the #, but to many teenagers and early 20's it's probably no big deal.

I'm 21 and I can assure you it is more of a deal than it is to anyone else. Hashtags are considered ridiculously cringeworthy, let alone on a football shirt.

18 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

I actually really love this shirt! Would look bootiful with hooped socks! :shifty:So all the #itk's who said it would be 100% pinstripes were wrong? How unusual.

Who said it would be 100% pinstripes, I must have missed that?

Those #'s just look wrong. Wrong and ******* stupid. Like the red badge

2 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I don't really care either way, I don't hate them like some people seem to, I think they look ok.  The worst bit is the collar for me, but where are the threads on OTIB about that??

The club hasnt consulted fans on shirt design for years and years if ever from my memory so I don't know why people thought they would start doing it now.  Personally asking fans to design shirts and vote on them etc etc is the kind of embarrassing stuff League 2 clubs get up to.  Decisions like shirt design should stick with designers IMO they have done well the last 2 years I would say, and they look to have a good shirt for next season as well, good luck to them

That doesn't answer my question, but I'll take 'I don't care either way' to mean hashtags #off!

I believe usually the club run designs or ideas by he FAN group at the very least to get a small focus group of opinion before pressing ahead. This time they haven't and the shirts have a hugely unpopular feature that'll reflect in the sales. 

2 minutes ago, Griffin said:

I'm 21 and I can assure you it is more of a deal than it is to anyone else. Hashtags are considered ridiculously cringeworthy, let alone on a football shirt.

Oh dear ,unfourtunately I am completely out of touch with this sort of thing,must be my age.

4 minutes ago, WTMS said:

Could you indicate which fans bodies/groups, reps and supporters were involved?

It is not naïve to cynically conclude Bristol Sport do not want meddlesome fans input into their club.

Unfortunately I don't have a record of individual supporters consultations with the club but to think that a multi-million pound organisation such as Bristol Sport with all the business acumen involved would not think to conduct market research of some description is either slightly ridiculous or if true I would wonder how on earth SteveL and co have got to where they are in the first place!

5 minutes ago, Griffin said:

On a tangent, I read recently that 16-24 year olds use #hashtags in the smallest % of their tweets than any age group which is quite interesting. 

1 minute ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Before Bristol Sport the club didn't consult fans on kit

BCFC have on several occasion's going back to votes on the badge design in the seventies.

By having a in house suppler Bristol Sport have the opportunity to be very flexible regarding design unlike Adidas who will provide a template.

One of the clubs pillars is community. The kit is an opportunity spurned of involving Bristol City's community - Fans.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That doesn't answer my question, but I'll take 'I don't care either way' to mean hashtags #off!

I believe usually the club run designs or ideas by he FAN group at the very least to get a small focus group of opinion before pressing ahead. This time they haven't and the shirts have a hugely unpopular feature that'll reflect in the sales. 

I answered your question when I said 'I think they look ok'?

Ive never heard any evidence of focus groups before but fair enough if they have.

Honestly, the reaction to this shirt is embarrassing, some people need to get a grip, it's a football shirt, it's red, it's got some writing on, as long as we win wearing it I couldn't care less really.  There have been many worse shirts over the years than this one, they all blend into one in the end.  

Archived