IGNORED

2016/17 kit

alexukhc

5 hours ago, brizzlelou said:

Can't be bothered to look back through the the thread but definitely were a couple of people that said pinstripes! I can't remember who though. 

3 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

So then @CITYAREREDANDWHITE, please explain why we should believe anything you say in future?

3 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Missed those comments, I'm a pinstripe liker, so I'd have been happy @CITYAREREDANDWHITE - got done there, poppet

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Clearly not pinstripes though. Can't stand the ITK comments based on absolutely nothing and have already challenged CityARAW to explain himself further up the thread.

To be fair boys, I got it wrong. I was told it had stripes, not 'big' ones. I presumed he meant pinstripes, turns out he meant faded stripes in the material.

6 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Still trying to understand why any of this is specifically the fault of Bristol Sport.

#Makingbristolproud is a clue.

Wiltshire born and bred strong in the arm ... Actually no. Its not the fault of the fans, and we should be part of aspects of it. Unless you believe that a club is not its fans in any way , and supporters should behave as mute consumers.

3 minutes ago, WTMS said:

#Makingbristolproud is a clue.

Wiltshire born and bred strong in the arm ... Actually no. Its not the fault of the fans, and we should be part of aspects of it. Unless you believe that a club is not its fans in any way , and supporters should behave as mute consumers.

No idea what you're going on about or how it relates to my post in any way.

And I wasn't born or bred in Wiltshire.

42 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Apart from the hashtags, what's wrong with the shirt?

The hashtags are a (bad) marketing ploy that could just have easily have ended up on the shirt if it was still just Bristol City. Bristol Sport did not invent social media.

As usual, lazy blaming of Bristol Sport for everything negative whilst anything positive is credited to "the club".

Apart from that, did you enjoy the play Mrs Lincoln?

1 hour ago, Three Lions said:

Those behind BS are the ones bankrolling the club, it's certainly not season ticket sales sustaining the club. So unless you find a few million quid kicking about...the notion of it being 'your' club is wide of the mark!

Will BCFC die without a # and a red crest on its shirts?

Why not a Robin forty years on from 76???

If its not our club whose it?

Because the (angry) robin is chavvy shite, the other robin is just shite

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

I posted something similar this time last season, Chip.

It never ceases to amaze me how a bunch of [mainly] big hairy blokes on this forum go all "Gok Wan" when they discuss the club's strip.

In my opinion, and it is just an opinion, unless you have the physique of a professional sportsperson all kits look a bit rubbish. Some are obviously less stylish than others (wouldn't go for the denim leotard idea ;) ) but all are a little bit naff worn off the pitch.

Last year, I got into cycling but no way am I buying a load of lycra and trying to look like Bradley Wiggins as I freewheel down to Sainsburys!

About the only "sportswear" I wear about the place occasionally is the Bath rugby shirt (sorry Bristol fans, I'm from Somerset) that a client gave me as a present. Rugby shirts tend to suit the. er. more rotund figure....

Exactly! It's sporting apparel which, with the best will in the world, will look awful on 90% of the adult males who but it. I own a number of Bristol City shirts which is use for playing 5-a-side. Badly. Occasionally I wear them to a match, but invariably the British climate ensures they're safely covered by a jumper or coat. Kids? Absolutely fine, but they probably don't care about hashtags and pinstripes, they just want to wear their teams colours

16 hours ago, Just Red said:

I've just looked through the kit regulations and I'm almost certain that this wouldn't be allowed on the shirts?

Maybe it's just for marketing purposes or maybe it is on the packaging?

It certainly isn't clear whether it is allowed, but presumably they have registered it with the FA/FL?

The officially designated Club emblem (or part thereof), name, initials, nickname or a trademark registered by the Club, or a combination of such, may appear: a.  Once only on the front of the shirt, providing it does not exceed an area of 100 square centimetres

The established mark, logo or name of a clothing manufacturer, or a combination  of the same, may appear once only: a.  On the shirt and on the shorts provided it is an area no greater than 20 square centimetres:

So the badge is the club emblem and the BS logo is the manufacturers logo - how does the #BristolProud fit in?

1 minute ago, WTMS said:

Good for what?

Good for you to say you have kids that like the robin, means nothing to me as ultimately the robin is not our crest. Apart from a nickname of The Robins there is little relevance. The crest first came onto our shirt 115 years ago, so a bigger part of our history than the robin. 

We have a nice kit this year. The hashtags are no where near of a big deal as you and your fellow drama queens make out. I'm not wild on them, but ultimately there's little difference between a bristol city/sport hash tag on the shoulders and the adidas 3 stripes on the shoulders. Both are used as part of a brand, they play the same role, but (and this is just a guess) you probably didn't have a tantrum about the adidas stripes when they made our kits. 

21 minutes ago, City169 said:

Apart from a nickname of The Robins there is little relevance. The crest first came onto our shirt 115 years ago, so a bigger part of our history than the robin. 

You may wish to check your facts with historians like Ciderhead. The Robin was part of BCFC sixty years ago (?), so was the crest. Neither featured on the shirt for decades (?).

The crest however occupies the shirt now. It should not be altered without engagement with supporters.

Fans, or some of us laughed at the antics of the megalomaniac over the bridge. Bristol Sport / BCFC are acting in a similar lighter manner.

The deputy chairman of the Supporters club and FAN made a point. Why have consultative fan bodies if they are not going to be used?

Fans are the club, including those like myself who you imply are chavs.

4 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Red Shorts I do not like.

Hashtags I do not like.

Everything else is fine.

Holy s***,red shorts,it's going to kick right off(not really liking red shorts either by the way).

A lot of opinions on here! People also trying to defend the club....I think at the end of the day the clubs main objective, above 'identity' and looking good will be sales. That's why shirts change! Whatever your opinion, it looks like being a very bad year for sales! Bad news for a club desperately trying to gain revenue. A misjudged risk for sure!!

Archived