IGNORED

Fundraising for Paul Withey - RIP

Harry

Hi all,

I've been asked by a few City fans to help raise the profile of the fundraising appeal set up on behalf of Paul Withey.

Paul tragically died last week whilst taking part in a charity cycle ride in Bristol.  Paul was a father of two, an avid Bristol Rovers fan, a youth team manager at AEK Boco and regularly involved in charity events.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Fundraising-appeal-launched-honour-Bristol/story-29076612-detail/story.html

Although I personally did not know Paul, I know a number of City fans who did, and they've asked if the profile of this fundraiser for Paul could be raised on here to show solidarity from the red side of Bristol for someone whom I understand was a true gent.
The direct link is below. 

https://www.justgiving.com/Paul-Withey-CHSW

Many thanks all.
Harry

Harry, Dollymarie - thanks a million both. I posted in the Rovers thread (think page 167) about Paul in response to his death being highlighted by Miah.

I was on the Radio Bristol breakfast show on Thursday morning talking about the man and the fund raising efforts that his friends, family and colleagues are about to embark on.

True gent does indeed sum Paul up, he'd do anything for anyone and was just a joy to be around. Always laughing, always positive and always banging on about the bloody Gas!

Despite being Rovers through and through he was mates with a load of us who's heart lies south of the river and we'll all miss him desperately. 

RIP Withs.

Just made one of Paul's brothers aware of this. His immediate response;

"This is amazing. Thank you to all City fans, this really means a lot to me and my family x UTG"

Thanks so much to everyone who has donated already. The Children's Hospice South West is a truly incredible charity and for us to pass the £2.5k mark within a week of the page going live is just brilliant and a very strong testament to just how loved and respected Paul was.

I read this whilst posting this outside The Princess Royal. I said to myself then that I'd tot up what I'd spent on my day out and donate that. I haven't done that as pay day is Wednesday. I'll do that then.

Things like this should make us realise that there is always someone who is worse off than ourselves. XX

image.jpeg

Hi all.

Last word from me on this but just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone who has donated to the Just Giving Page in Paul's memory. The £3k barrier has been smashed (before we've even held any fund raising events) and I reckon 10% or so of that total has come from City fans via OTIB which is amazing and has made me even prouder to be a Red (which I didn't think was possible).

https://www.justgiving.com/Paul-Withey-CHSW

If anyone is interested, the first event to be held is a charity football match at AEK Boco (Greenbank Road, Hanham) on May 2nd with a 1pm kick off. The game is between Paul's all conquering AEK Boco youth team (now at Under 18 level and all playing at a high standard of local senior football) against his former Sunday League side, the Pied Horse. Bar open from 12pm.

It's Paul's funeral tomorrow morning followed by the wake/celebration of his life at the Memorial Stadium (wish me luck). There will be hundreds and hundreds of mourners out from every corner of our fair city and every walk of life to pay their respects to a true gentleman and an all round top bloke.

Thanks again to all, the family are hugely touched by the generosity that has been shown (both in spirit and financially).

RIP Withs/COYR.

Archived