IGNORED

Fat B*****d

Nagy Mahal

18 minutes ago, PortisheadIsRed said:

Judging by his post-match interview and reactions at the time, I don't think he particularly liked us calling him that. Thoughts?

I assume you're talking about Tomlin? Why would we call one of our own players that anyway, especially when we all want him to sign permanently 

13 minutes ago, PortisheadIsRed said:

Judging by his post-match interview and reactions at the time, I don't think he particularly liked us calling him that. Thoughts?

What was the reaction at the time? His response to us when walking in at half time was brilliant. He loves it.

1 minute ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

They(Brentford fans) were calling him a fat bastard, he scored, we then started singing "one-nil to the fat bastard" 

Ah I see, fair play. I haven't seen the interview but I'd be surprised if Tomlin didnt recognise the humour? 

I didn't notice at the time but apparently Brentford fans also sang "get your tits out for the lads" and Lee replied by lifting his top up. The man has a good sense of humour and there's absolutely no way he took the City chant the wrong way. The fact he clapped and seemed to appreciate us more than any other player at both half time and full time would suggest he loved it.

It was 1-0 to the fat bastard... it was a chant directed at the Brentford fans as they were constantly on his case during the game.

Didn't seem to take the chant the wrong way during the game, some fans need to lighten up and not analyse every detail, nothing in his interview to even make that kind of statement.

The guy is a class player and is clearly enjoying his football at City and wants to do well for the club and the fans. To be fair we sang his name more than any other players during his time on the pitch, a shame he was being penalised heavily and unfairly so much by the ref that forced LJ to take him off so early, he would've probably produced another moment of magic to win us the game

Certainly didn't look upset to me, I think he likes the attention (and I don't mean he's attention seeking or anything else negative). His name was sung lots, 'we want you to stay, we want you to stay, Lee Tomlin we want you to stay'.

There's no way he took it any way other than the way it was meant. Irony towards the Brentford fans and as a real term of endearment from the City fans.

Before the warm up he had one of the broadest, cheekiest smiles I'd seen for ages. All looked content and happy. That didn't change either when he scored - his immediate reaction was to look at the Brentford fans behind the goal and cup his ear to those in the stand behind the dug outs. When the Brook Road Stand starting chanting "You Fat Bastard" and "One nil to the Fat Bastard" I'm certain he smiled and as another has said gave a nice thumbs up.

I'm not convinced that he is the messiah that we need, but since he's been here he's looked bloody good and has added a certain skill that few have. Playing with Juliou and Joe Bryan down the left, and with Marlon Pack and Korey Smith alongside him I think he, and those mentioned, have made a world of difference since the days of gloom.

I'd love him to stay next season.:fingerscrossed:

2 hours ago, Bourne End Red said:

This !!!! Where the hell are you getting this from.

i suggest OP watches the interview again.

What I originally meant was that he seems to sound a bit depressed. Doesn't matter anyway as every reply convinces me even more how wrong I am!

50 minutes ago, PortisheadIsRed said:

What I originally meant was that he seems to sound a bit depressed. Doesn't matter anyway as every reply convinces me even more how wrong I am!

He always sounds like that in his interviews, like many he's probably just not the most comfortable in an interview situation and doesn't let his full personality out. On the pitch and social media he's the opposite and that's how we should read him, great character. Someone asked him about the Brentford fans on Twitter and he said it was just good banter all round!

42 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

He always sounds like that in his interviews, like many he's probably just not the most comfortable in an interview situation and doesn't let his full personality out. On the pitch and social media he's the opposite and that's how we should read him, great character. Someone asked him about the Brentford fans on Twitter and he said it was just good banter all round!

I was going to ask if he is always like that in interviews...

Archived