IGNORED

Section 82 19.04.16 (merged)

adamc6203

I've had a season ticket in the Dolman for 17 of my 21 years on this planet and am now fed up with the superiority complex the so called Section 82 have. Why is my validity as a fan called into question because I don't stand up for 90 minutes at a home game. Why am I, and the rest of the Dolman/South Stand c**** because I don't sing. Why don't Section 82 and the rest of the Atyeo concentrate on supporting the team rather than directing offensive songs at the rest of the stadium. Remember, we can see YOU sneaking out too.

8 minutes ago, adamc6203 said:

I've had a season ticket in the Dolman for 17 of my 21 years on this planet and am now fed up with the superiority complex the so called Section 82 have. Why is my validity as a fan called into question because I don't stand up for 90 minutes at a home game. Why am I, and the rest of the Dolman/South Stand c**** because I don't sing. Why don't Section 82 and the rest of the Atyeo concentrate on supporting the team rather than directing offensive songs at the rest of the stadium. Remember, we can see YOU sneaking out too.

It's a valid point. The joke wears thin.

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

...and now someone has tweeted a video of the Atyeo chanting obscenities at the Dolman - good grief, on the day we could be mathematically safe the super fans decide to call their fellow fans c****

Not big or clever....

Quite embarrassing really.

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

...and now someone has tweeted a video of the Atyeo chanting obscenities at the Dolman - good grief, on the day we could be mathematically safe the super fans decide to call their fellow fans c****

Not big or clever....

17 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Would it kill you to get involved just once?

Would it kill those in the atyeo calling the others c***s to accept that some people don't want to sing and shout?

I love a good atmosphere and get involved when I can, but I also have respect for the people who don't. If you really want the others to join in, how about something like "dolman give us a song" instead of swearing at them?

I was at the Sheff Wed game, first one for a while due to distance and family commitments. Section 82 were immense in getting the atmosphere going but I hated the dig at the Dolman. We were 4-1 up at home and they were choosing to have a go at fellow fans.

It's that sort of elitism that will divide the fan base, not unite it, which is surely what "ultras" want - a united, passionate support that intimidates the opponents. At the moment Section 82 are only likely to annoy other fans who are meant to be on their side. Just leave it alone, if the atmosphere was all positive and inspiring, more people would join in.

2 minutes ago, BITW said:

Didn't make the game tonight but pretty sure It's a piss take of an American chant isn't it? Stop being so sensitive everyone. 

And I'm sure all those in the Dolman are aware of this?  Perhaps leaflets to fellow supporters that calling them c@@@s is acceptable due to it being a piss take.

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Ooooh bit sensitive Adam & co. 

Just banter. What's wrong with you? 

I've watched City at 81 away grounds and I've never ever heard home fans chanting that their fellow fans are c****, oh well, we must be unique in the witty banter stakes....I don't think there's anything wrong with anyone who doesn't want to be called a c*** by their own fans...it's not being sensitive it's people being angry.

There has been lots of support for what the Section 82 fans are trying to do from people who sit all around the stadium, seems that support doesn't work both ways...

I've said this before.  The entirely well-intentioned "Dolman, Dolman give us a song" actually has the reverse effect of that intended.

Instead of encouraging the Dolman stand to start singing what it actually does is highlight that they haven't been which pisses them off.

I fully appreciate that that is not the aim; but it is the effect.  Please stop doing it.

Archived