IGNORED

Right now that's sorted...

RedM

Get on and build the team for next season. No if's, no but's just do it. We are 2 weeks before the end of the season, and weeks ahead of the Playoff teams. Get your lists out now and hunt them down.

well done, LeeJ, you have succeeded in your mission this season. Thank-you. Now onto the main objective, make us a force to be reckoned with in the Championship.

5 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Where would you say we need to improve then?

I think it's been pretty well documented on here areas that need improvement/competition. Lee must have a good idea who he wants to stay and who he can let go. Maybe some players will want to leave for various reasons too. My point is to get out there and do business as a Championship club, an ambitious Championship club. We know our position, and the fate of some other teams have been sealed too.

The lack of business severely hampered our start last season, and we never made up the ground.

13 minutes ago, RedM said:

Get on and build the team for next season. No if's, no but's just do it. We are 2 weeks before the end of the season, and weeks ahead of the Playoff teams. Get your lists out now and hunt them down.

well done, LeeJ, you have succeeded in your mission this season. Thank-you. Now onto the main objective, make us a force to be reckoned with in the Championship.

HA!

" Plenty of irons in the fire...don't want to rush into things...need to intergrate with synergie of the present squad...yada yada yada yada "

It has been the same for about a decade and I won't be holding my breath for a change now

7 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Where would you say we need to improve then?

Allover...without the loanees we wouldn't have made it.hope to keep Tomlin and Matthews,but that's just a start.will be loads for Lee to do as more quality needed to be comfertable- if anything the Championship will be even tougher...

4 minutes ago, kevinmabbuttshair said:

HA!

" Plenty of irons in the fire...don't want to rush into things...need to intergrate with synergie of the present squad...yada yada yada yada "

It has been the same for about a decade and I won't be holding my breath for a change now

I don't know about that Lee has proved he is not afraid to drop the previously undropables. I think he is firm but fair, I think it will be hard to tell him what to do. He's very much his own man. I don't think we will hear the usual soundbites

Regarding Lee Tomlin, did anyone hear MA on PW last night? When asked about him he said something like `nothing doing yet but Lee is very happy here`. Grounds for optimism or reading too much into it? Personally I think  MA rarely says anything that doesn`t have a bit of information in it somewhere.

1 minute ago, screech said:

Conceded 70 goals, that needs to be cut by about 20 goals, that'll be the first place I would look at.

But is it the defense or midfield that would be more effective at cutting out those 20 goals? IMO we need a Baker type defender and a defensive midfielder before we will start to see that number coming down.

6 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Anyone else hear Bristol Boy (Ian) on RB?

Sounded like he expects 10..12....13 new signings in the Summer, including several big ones.

And he'd spent some time with LJ this week....

Did I hear that right?

Yes, I think that's what he said.

16 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Anyone else hear Bristol Boy (Ian) on RB?

Sounded like he expects 10..12....13 new signings in the Summer, including several big ones.

And he'd spent some time with LJ this week....

Did I hear that right?

You misunderstood mate, he was talking about spending the summer carp fishing. LJ`s a big fan too apparently.

1 hour ago, kevinmabbuttshair said:

HA!

Don't forget #DNA mind. It's all about that these days. 

Our players have a year under their belt in this league and so we can expect the club and the players themselves to build on that.

My thoughts are it is obvious the teams at the top tend to be man-for-man bigger and more powerful than us. We have got much better in shifting the ball quickly to counteract that, which has coincided with our obvious ball carrier Luke F not getting so much game time.

The club are looking to bring through our own and move them on for a healthy profit when the chance arrives, also we have players OOC in the summer and very much like JET if you have not got an extension already you probably are not getting one.

Its going to be a factor of who may come in for Agard, Little, Williams among others who are not getting starts and of the ones who are getting starts what bids may come in and what the club find acceptable. Flint, Codge, Bryan and Smith will all be looked at and already have been, but will anyone take the plunge? 

All being = and no one from our core getting sold, I would suggest a striker is clearly on the shopping list, even if Wes shows something more and Odemwinghie stays.

We should also bring at one/two high quality midfielders with decent physique. LJ obviously rates Bryan as a Prem LB in waiting (he said so), so I can see another winger/flank midfieder...The rest is as much about who is coming through as who is coming in! 

Archived