IGNORED

Modern Football Irritants

BRISTOL86

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

On that note, I see a guy at AG regularly in a Blackpool coat! What's that about?!

the only reason for doing that is as a scout. very strange. 

I was once in the pub before a game years ago - can't remember who we were playing - and a lady walked in completely oblivious walks up to the bar, orders a drink wearing a rovers jumper. She had no idea what she'd done. Everyone was chuckling. that was a strange moment too.

5 minutes ago, RED4LIFE said:

The media talking as if football has only existed since 92.

The seemingly constant rebranding of the various league divisions. There was nothing wrong with Div 1-4.

Time-wasting dressed up as 'gamesmanship'. 

If City were 1-0 up with a minute to go what do you want them to do? Keep attacking?

1 hour ago, RED4LIFE said:

The media talking as if football has only existed since 92.

The seemingly constant rebranding of the various league divisions. There was nothing wrong with Div 1-4.

Time-wasting dressed up as 'gamesmanship'. 

"Time wasting" winds me up especially like the Rotherham game a few weeks ago but have never understood why it's call time wasting when the time I supposed to be added on so no time is lost. It would make sense to book players for match disruption

Goalkeepers taking around 20 seconds to kick the ball after picking it up. The six second rule still exists (I checked) but it is never enforced, despite the rule being broken tens of times per game.

Foul throws. They are still illegal (I checked) but it is never enforced, despite the rule being broken tens of times per game.

Pundits, especially Alan Brazil, who refer to just "City" and "United". I'm from the South West so naturally assume they must be talking about Bristol City and Torquay United. Confuses the hell out of me when they say City are in the Champions League semi final. Bristol City against Real Madrid? How the hell did I miss tha...oh you mean Manchester.

Also plurals, such as "they need to be beating teams like your Evertons and your Arsenals"

Oh and "baby cradle" celebrations. Yellow card, end of.

People on forums who say "End Of" at the end of sentences.

7 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Turning the lights on at Ashton Gate when there are 5 minutes to go

Argh!! Yes!

I keep meaning to email Dave Lloyd about this - all it does is serve as a reminder to people that they need to stampede for the exits. 

You see hardly anyone trickling out at all and then those lights come on and the stadium is half empty by full time.... 

6 hours ago, El Hombrecito said:

Goalkeepers taking around 20 seconds to kick the ball after picking it up. The six second rule still exists (I checked) but it is never enforced, despite the rule being broken tens of times per game.

Foul throws. They are still illegal (I checked) but it is never enforced, despite the rule being broken tens of times per game.

I actually saw a foul throw awarded on a televised game recently, I did a double take!

Archived