IGNORED

Karl Robinson, Karma

Swede

He signed JET on loan so that should make him loved by 100% of those on the forum. 50% because they rate JET and the other 50% because they think JET is rubbish and he flopped at MK

On 4/25/2016 at 20:41, harrys said:

Not sure why he's so rated, got unbelievably lucky with loan strikers over the years (Bamford, Afobe, Grigg) and the youth set-up unearthed an absolute star in Dele Ali, his actual signings have been woeful.

He's not been lucky with loan signings - he's picked the right players.  Similarly with Dele Alli, he's been at MK Dons for 7 years, 6 of them as manager.  I think he deserves some credit for the youth set-up.

I don't think he's the most likable guy on Earth, and it is quite satisfying seeing them go down given his comments about us, but the fact I don't like the bloke doesn't mean I can't respect that he's a very decent manager. 

4 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

He's not been lucky with loan signings - he's picked the right players.  Similarly with Dele Alli, he's been at MK Dons for 7 years, 6 of them as manager.  I think he deserves some credit for the youth set-up.

I don't think he's the most likable guy on Earth, and it is quite satisfying seeing them go down given his comments about us, but the fact I don't like the bloke doesn't mean I can't respect that he's a very decent manager. 

I just really don't see that getting MKD promoted after 5 years of trying is that much of an achievement. They're hardly a tinpot club at that level in terms of gates/resources/facilities. 

He likes to make out as if he's managing a Crawley or a Fleetwood with gates of 2k on a non existent budget....Dons must have been in top 6 or thereabouts in terms of gates during their time in L1. 

I really don't see that taking a middle of the road team with an above average setup, and getting them promoted at the fifth time of asking (then instantly relegated) makes him a 'very decent' manager. 

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I just really don't see that getting MKD promoted after 5 years of trying is that much of an achievement. They're hardly a tinpot club at that level in terms of gates/resources/facilities. 

He likes to make out as if he's managing a Crawley or a Fleetwood with gates of 2k on a non existent budget....Dons must have been in top 6 or thereabouts in terms of gates during their time in L1. 

I really don't see that taking a middle of the road team with an above average setup, and getting them promoted at the fifth time of asking (then instantly relegated) makes him a 'very decent' manager. 

He's consistently competed at the top of League One with what should probably be a mid-table League One club  and got them promoted to the Championship (and, as you say, instantly relegated) for the first time in their history.  Don't get me wrong - I'm choosing the words "very decent" carefully.  I'm not saying he's brilliant (although it's worth remember he's still only 35 and has time to improve) but there are plenty of managers at League One nad Championship level with far worse records than him and, if MK Dons were to change manager, there's a fair chance they would do worse rather than better. 

9 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

He's consistently competed at the top of League One with what should probably be a mid-table League One club  and got them promoted to the Championship (and, as you say, instantly relegated) for the first time in their history.  Don't get me wrong - I'm choosing the words "very decent" carefully.  I'm not saying he's brilliant (although it's worth remember he's still only 35 and has time to improve) but there are plenty of managers at League One nad Championship level with far worse records than him and, if MK Dons were to change manager, there's a fair chance they would do worse rather than better. 

Yeah he has had them being competitive every season to his credit, I just don't think they're quite the 'poor little minnows' that he likes to suggest.

I think their resources and set up mean that pushing for top six should be the expectation, not something to be lauded as a huge achievement. 

3 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

He got them up with the likes of Afobe, Grigg and Ali, I could of done that, without them he's flopped

MK DONS fan in peace........Well done 2 you lot in staying up I for one was gutted when you signed Tomlin,and like one of your posters said you would have been closer to us if it wasn't for him.He always gets  stick when he plays us goes back to his Peterborough days,but for a player that's carrying a bit of timber he is quality with a good engine.As for our manager I would agree with you he is a media darling he's young,good on the eye and when he is on tv I think his comments are quite fair.He plays mind games sometimes with other teams in the press and after matches etc but name a manager that don't.We are going Down with a whimper which is pretty sad to us after playing such exiting football with yourselves last season,the season has been a disaster lack of investment etc the club have tried to do it on the cheap and it has backfired and when they are playing Rochdale next season and they bring 1 man and his dog they will have wished they'd done it properly....PS JET IS A LAZY BUGGER.....And we will have 1 of the smallest budgets in league 1 ha ha.

1 hour ago, MK RON said:

MK DONS fan in peace........Well done 2 you lot in staying up I for one was gutted when you signed Tomlin,and like one of your posters said you would have been closer to us if it wasn't for him.He always gets  stick when he plays us goes back to his Peterborough days,but for a player that's carrying a bit of timber he is quality with a good engine.As for our manager I would agree with you he is a media darling he's young,good on the eye and when he is on tv I think his comments are quite fair.He plays mind games sometimes with other teams in the press and after matches etc but name a manager that don't.We are going Down with a whimper which is pretty sad to us after playing such exiting football with yourselves last season,the season has been a disaster lack of investment etc the club have tried to do it on the cheap and it has backfired and when they are playing Rochdale next season and they bring 1 man and his dog they will have wished they'd done it properly....PS JET IS A LAZY BUGGER.....And we will have 1 of the smallest budgets in league 1 ha ha.

To be honest it has surprised me how badly we have both done this season, I thought all 3 of the teams promoted last season were strong teams that should have finished around mid table.

Anyway, it appears you have the JET that we were warned about, lazy, disinterested and mind elsewhere, we were fairly lucky we saw very little of that when he was here, he only had few stinkers last season. I don't think many managers know how to motivate him, lots have tried, and all have been left scratching their head knowing they are only seeing a fraction of his talent. When he is on it, he glides over the pitch effortlessly, almost unplayable. Real shame to see such a talent being wasted. Good luck next season.

Seems like it's recognised closer to home that he loves to blame everyone else as well....

Winkelman told BBC Three Counties radio:

"He needs to want to do it, he needs to recognise some of the mistakes that we've made, he needs to want to do something about putting them right, he needs to show me that he's got the ambition and drive and passion to pick himself off the floor and go again.

I think if he did all of those things, I wouldn't have a problem with him staying on as our manager, and I don't think many of our supporters and players would either.

However, if he's taking it badly, if he's trying to look to all the other reasons, and try to put the responsibility elsewhere, if he feels the grass may be greener elsewhere, then this is an opportunity for him to go and do something about that too."

Winkelman admitted there had been mistakes made with recruitment, including the signings of Christian Benavente, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas, Matthew Upson, Sergio Aguza and Dale Jennings, who made a combined 10 league appearances this season.

"None of those players were on our recruitment list. That gives you an idea of the quantum of mistakes we made," he added.

"Why I feel particularly responsible, and why I'm taking the heat, is because I was part of that decision-making process even though I knew at the time 'what are we doing?'

"It was a mistake in that we should have at least gone for one or two high-profile signings because that also reinforced the commitment to the players.

"I don't think I gave my senior players enough ammunition to go into the season with."

Doesn't sound too dissimilar to us - until January

3 hours ago, mcbcfc said:

Winkelman admitted there had been mistakes made with recruitment, including the signings of Christian Benavente, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas, Matthew Upson, Sergio Aguza and Dale Jennings, who made a combined 10 league appearances this season.

"None of those players were on our recruitment list. That gives you an idea of the quantum of mistakes we made," he added.

"Why I feel particularly responsible, and why I'm taking the heat, is because I was part of that decision-making process even though I knew at the time 'what are we doing?'

"It was a mistake in that we should have at least gone for one or two high-profile signings because that also reinforced the commitment to the players.

"I don't think I gave my senior players enough ammunition to go into the season with."

Doesn't sound too dissimilar to us - until January

It's the opposite of us isn't it,he says it was a mistake in not going for high profile signings.We certainly tried to

On 27 April 2016 at 11:37, LondonBristolian said:

....if MK Dons were to change manager, there's a fair chance they would do worse rather than better. 

Not sure I agree with you there LB - in the recent past they've managed to get Danny Wilson, Martin Allen, Roberto Di Matteo and Paul Ince as managers... not too bad for a league one/league two club...

Allen got them to the play offs, Ince won them the league two title, Di Matteo left for West Brom and then won the Champions League and FA cup with the Kings Road playboys....and they've got a stadium that holds over 30k - Roverzzz would kill for all that....

Archived