IGNORED

George dowling

ciderbeans

12 minutes ago, Chivs said:

There's only one George Dowling.  One G....who is he again?

I'm guessing youth player but what position etc.?

Central midfielder. Only 17 I think. Many on here(all I've got to go on), have stated he's surpassed Joe Morrell at that position and could be our best prospect not in the first team. Would be good to see him involved. 

Heard a bit about him leading up to the Brslington / Keynsham v City friendly over the summer.  Looks a good player technically, plays off both feet, moves the ball quickly.  Modern type of player.  Haven't seen him in any other games, but bright future according to many.

Be good to see him get some minutes today. #pathway

Absolutely buzzing for him, having watched a lot of 21s this year, to me he has surpassed Morrell massively, he is stronger and quicker than JM and has a great range of passing. 

Really hope he can sort continue to push on and hope he gets a chance today 

Came on and looks the part, good physique and touch. Didn't look out of place and rest of the team gave him the ball and he used it well. He reminded me a bit of a youn Paul Scholes so if he ends up a fraction as good then we may have a decent player on our hands

34 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Came on and looks the part, good physique and touch. Didn't look out of place and rest of the team gave him the ball and he used it well. He reminded me a bit of a youn Paul Scholes so if he ends up a fraction as good then we may have a decent player on our hands

I thought that ....He did not look out of place, very promising player 

18 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Dowlings post match interview was good to watch. I think he was pleased!

He was really made up. Said that Vyner making his debut had spurred him on and that he wanted to emulate Bryan and Burns and to get more game time.

I didn't realise that he's a Bristolian. That's three now. Goldbourne, Bryan and now Dowling.

He did well I thought. Didn't look overawed at all. Some neat touches and lay offs. 

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

He was really made up. Said that Vyner making his debut had spurred him on and that he wanted to emulate Bryan and Burns and to get more game time.

I didn't realise that he's a Bristolian. That's three now. Goldbourne, Bryan and now Dowling.

He did well I thought. Didn't look overawed at all. Some neat touches and lay offs. 

Don't forget Bobby Reid

Can only agree with the above. He did nothing to embarrass himself and showed touches of quality.

Vyner also looked more comfortable in the centre of defence. 

Can see Dowling progressing to be Reid's understudy next season - unless incoming players shuffle them down the order.

2 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Definitely played within himself, either he was told to keep it simple or was a tad nervous because he didn't drive forward as much as I've seen him do. But played well I thought.

Has he beefed up since last summer....didn't remember him being quite as 'sturdy' as he looked today.  Love how he takes ball on left foot and moves ball with right.

Archived