IGNORED

Well done, Lee

The Journalist

One of the most satisfying afternoons of the season for so many reasons.

But, more than anything, for our head coach to have revived the feel-good factor that had been all-but decimated by a dodgy summer and a nightmare six months' worth of results deserves just so much credit.

Superb, well done. Let's actually build on it this time.

1 hour ago, The Journalist said:

One of the most satisfying afternoons of the season for so many reasons.

But, more than anything, for our head coach to have revived the feel-good factor that had been all-but decimated by a dodgy summer and a nightmare six months' worth of results deserves just so much credit.

Superb, well done. Let's actually build on it this time.

Exactly. After spending most of the season wishing it was over and we could start again, I now don't want it to end. We've only just got going. August seems too far away. 

• Admin

We were discussing after the game that when we are performing at our peak we must be a horrible team to play against with all the flicks and tricks and quick movements. We are capable of embarrassing teams and individual players as we have done now several times since Johnson took over.

12 minutes ago, City169 said:

Our goals per game under Johnson is the highest in the league (according to the programme), and we just increased the average again today

That's pretty amazing considering we were one of the lowest before his arrival. 

That and bringing us as close to 8th as the relegation zone is a phenomenal turnaround. 

10 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

There were a few that said that Cotterill leaving and taking his 3-5-2 with him meant the end to exciting attacking football, and that would be watching sterile, single goal victories for the foreseeable future. 

They were right, weren't they?

TBF, given where we were at the time, I think most of us would have accepted that as a means to an end. We might not have enjoyed it much but if we stayed up it would have been worth it. It didn`t happen that way though so no complaints from me.

After half the season, we were on 21 pts and -17 gd. The worse run was still to come. 

Second half, we have 31 pts with one to go, and a gd of +1. Very comfortably mid table. 

After 26 games, Cotts last one, we still had 21 pts and a gd of -23.

In the last 19 games we have got 31 pts and a gd of +7. Somewhere around top ten. 

Not to shabby.

8 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Early days yet, but he's done about as well as anyone could have realistically hoped for. 

Precisely.

Lee's been a veritable breath of fresh air, but now the real proof of the pudding is how he and Ashton recruit over the Summer.  It'll not be easy as we still can't pay top dollar wages,  but I'm looking for a substantial improvement  over 2015.

5 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

It'll not be easy as we still can't pay top dollar wages,  but I'm looking for a substantial improvement  over 2015.

We could if we really wanted to mind. I'm sure Tomlin is also a really sought after Fund Manager so could command a hefty salary and bonus from Hargreaves Lansdown if his expertise in the "other" city was ever required *cough cough* 

47 minutes ago, cityexile said:

After half the season, we were on 21 pts and -17 gd. The worse run was still to come. 

Second half, we have 31 pts with one to go, and a gd of +1. Very comfortably mid table. 

After 26 games, Cotts last one, we still had 21 pts and a gd of -23.

In the last 19 games we have got 31 pts and a gd of +7. Somewhere around top ten. 

Not to shabby.

8th to 12th will suit me very well next season with a much more solid home record than this year.

Over 13,000 ST's sold and some more if we recruit well. With away followings and a good home record we could see an average home gate of around 20,000 which will see us as a top twelve supported side in this league,

More good recruitment and some more emerging Academy boys will make it possible then for a good go at the top six in 2017-2018. 

3 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

We could if we really wanted to mind. I'm sure Tomlin is also a really sought after Fund Manager so could command a hefty salary and bonus from Hargreaves Lansdown if his expertise in the "other" city was ever required *cough cough* 

Yep. He is a very talented stockbroker I hear.

Not sure what Peter Hargreaves might say though... ;)

3 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Good win against a team not that interested, but still piled on the pressure.

Odenwingie? Did LJ actually want him? Never really used him.

As for Tomlin, not singed by LJ, get your cheque book SL. The quality city need for top 10.

If there is a 'negative' to be found, some people will always find it.

3 hours ago, Kim_il_sung said:

非常好!! ****** awesome!!!

Couldn't agree more Mr Supreme Leader.  

For the benefit of our less Eastern savvy comrades on the forum, I just ran 非常好 through a translator and came up with  

"1523 volition is simply conducted supraventricular".  I think I speak for many on here who are encouraged by these wise words.

Finger on the pulse, Oh Sun of the Communist Future...... I am grateful for your enlightenment   :worship2:

2 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Depends on the summer...will be plenty of booooos when LJ fails to attract anyone with championship experience. The class of league 1/2 failed to live up to last season's 'walking of the league'.

Serious question - why exactly do you hate Lee Johnson so much? I've not know anyone this bitter since robbored and Lee's dad.

Well done Lee :clap:

Archived