IGNORED

The price of Tomlin

Fordy62

Sometimes people raise a topic on another thread that deserves a thread in its own right. 

I'm not going to give that person any credit, it's his own stupid fault and I'm going to retain all the glory and credit for the creation of this magnificent talking point...

so what would you expect Tomlin to cost in wages and transfer fee?

i would suggest that his value has gone down since joining Bournemouth and we should be looking in the region of 1.5-2m. 

His wages... I suspect we'll be talking 20k p/w. 

What do you think? @ChippenhamRed any thoughts?

Think you're optimistic on cost as he is a proven top drawer championship schemer, so £3.5-4. Wages i agree with.

But the big problem for me is half a dozen other sides in this league will be after him, with frankly more chance of promotion next season. Even with his links to us i fear he will be playing at AG next season, just against us.

8 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Sometimes people raise a topic on another thread that deserves a thread in its own right. 

I'm not going to give that person any credit, it's his own stupid fault and I'm going to retain all the glory and credit for the creation of this magnificent talking point...

i would suggest that his value has gone down since joining Bournemouth and we should be looking in the region of 1.5-2m. 

Whatever it costs, get him.

If his loan is anything to go by, he'll be worth the cost and then some

Seems to like it here, but will come down to wages I would think. If he has attracted the interest of any of those on parachute payments, or even lower premier sides, it will be almost impossible for us to win out I would think.

Love for him to stay. If we are lets say a mid table team next year, he is the kind of player that still keeps you wanting to go and watch him.

He's a rare talent, and one that we have all seen can lift this side.

Must be responsible for ten goals since his arrival, in terms of assists and his own strikes, and it is also without doubt that having a threat like him marauding around have opened up space for the likes of Kodjia to exploit.

Yes; he'll cost us big money.  But I doubt we could find a player with the similar kind of impact without spending serious cash, so why not splash out on someone we know fits with our team.

One thing is for certain, he looks like he is truly enjoying himself here. No matter who comes in for him, we will have that going for us. In my opinion, if he's playing in the championship next season, it'll be with us. That's just based on how happy he looks. 

30 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

You calling me stupid? !

Actually i was expecting to be castigated for mentioning a figure in the first place that might allert the Cherries; now you truly have opened a hornets nest. Stevie L will be calling u a duff Fordy in short fashion. ;)... Which, phew, puts me in the clear.

I completely concur.....We need this bloke....He's a great play maker, can find the net when under pressure, never stops chasing the ball and best of all the ball just sticks to his feet....almost as if he's super glued the  bugger on! 

Sod Gray........let's have Tomlin.....Lee if you're reading this......stay! 

1 minute ago, Charliesboots said:

Influential since his arrival and a player we have to sign if we want to be serious about competing in the Championship. 

If personal terms can be reached then the fee we pay as far as I'm concerned is irrelevant. 

What if it's £100m. Not irrelevant then, is it?

19 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

One thing we will be able to offer is pretty much guaranteed football which he probably wouldn`t be as certain of elsewhere. That and the fact that he feeds off the crowd and is already a hero at AG will hopefully swing it for us.:fingerscrossed:

I agree with this. Sounds like LJ is happy to build team around him from his RB interview tonight. I reckon the fact that he'd get game time for us might swing it. I'm not sure every manager would be prepared to accommodate him. Optimistic! 

Archived