IGNORED

Section 82. Yes or No?

ZiderEyed

Section 82, Yes or No?  

212 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Discussion on here seems to be very varied, so I'd like to see what the opinion of S82 is at the moment after a season. I would like to say I think it's a brilliant idea, and that I hope it will go from strength to strength next season.

(Bare in mind I've never done a poll on here, so if it looks retarded blame me!)

Don't see why anyone would want to get rid of them. They support our club in the way they want, there's room for all types of fan at AG.

It's not personally my thing, but as long as they enjoy it, crack on.

Could probably lose the c#nt chants though!!

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

There are varied replies and attitudes because there are posters on here with very varied age groups.

Well I would consider myself in the older age group, I sit next to their block and next season I will be in front of them, I think at the core what they are trying to do is a great thing for us all. I have one caveat however which is that so often good ideas are hijacked by others who have a slightly darker idea of what match days are and can hide in those areas all too easily.

I think if they are going to be successful in what they do, they have to be prepared to accept that the stewards will have to be firm with some of more extreme behaviour and perhaps even police themselves to ensure that they can be allowed to continue to grow.

Ashton Gate needs Section 82 for the atmosphere. What is doesn't need is the Neanderthals who turn up looking for trouble giving all the lip by virtue of half a pint of Thatchers inside them. Having spent this season in the Ateyo, the atmosphere has been electric and 95% of those in the stand are friendly and are there for the right reasons. It's just a shame that some mistake the carnival frivolities to want to go into battle!

Section 82 is a great idea, its typically just a minority ruining things for everyone else.... the main problem though, as others have pointed out, is usually the louder, more boisterous area of stadiums attract the 'Neanderthal' type. Unfortuantely it only takes a handful of tools to tarnish and give a bad reputation to the 1000+ who are decent and making Section 82 into what was hoped for.  Based on what's been posted a few seem to already tarring be all of S82 because of a small group.

Of course they should stay, Ashton Gate would be a morgue without them. Surprised it's even being debated!

What's a shame is the club going back on their original proposal to put them back in the South Stand and give them a terrible choice of displacing other fans in the Dolman or be shoved in the corner of the Atyeo.

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Out of interest, do you think City will kick towards the SS in the second half next season - like yesterday?

It depends of which team wins the toss. I think they lost the coin toss on Saturday.

so many people getting on the section 82 band wagon, this rubbish Ashston gate couldn't survive without them is laughable. I've never wanted to get out my seat and fight with my own fans so much, but if I get called the c word one more time by these so called saviours of Ashton gate so be it. All the years I've been going to football section 82 is literally the most cringe thing I've seen. The name is awful and the people organising it can't decide if they want to be ultras,holligans or happy clappy fans!! U go from calling your own fans the c word to holding bits of red tin foil in the air which my 5 year old finds funny. But the worse is the clingy follow on fans , many on otib , who claim the club needs them etc. do one club was here a long time before these lot and when they have had there 5 minutes of fun or run out of cash the club we still be here and section 82 will be one of those things we chat about in the pub in years to come and laugh and just say why!

5 minutes ago, Spoons said:

so many people getting on the section 82 band wagon, this rubbish Ashston gate couldn't survive without them is laughable. I've never wanted to get out my seat and fight with my own fans so much, but if I get called the c word one more time by these so called saviours of Ashton gate so be it. All the years I've been going to football section 82 is literally the most cringe thing I've seen. The name is awful and the people organising it can't decide if they want to be ultras,holligans or happy clappy fans!! U go from calling your own fans the c word to holding bits of red tin foil in the air which my 5 year old finds funny. But the worse is the clingy follow on fans , many on otib , who claim the club needs them etc. do one club was here a long time before these lot and when they have had there 5 minutes of fun or run out of cash the club we still be here and section 82 will be one of those things we chat about in the pub in years to come and laugh and just say why!

Wait so you'd run down the Dolman steps, into the Atyeo and throw punches?

:yawn:

1 minute ago, Chairman Mao said:

Wait so you'd run down the Dolman steps, into the Atyeo and throw punches?

:yawn:

I did think about doing it Saturday, especially to Charlie the benefits chav in the white coat who would struggle to name any city player let alone think he can call me a c u next Tuesday!

1 minute ago, Spoons said:

I did think about doing it Saturday, especially to Charlie the benefits chav in the white coat who would struggle to name any city player let alone think he can call me a c u next Tuesday!

I'm in the Atyeo (just at the bottom of s82), if I see you coming across could you wait 5 mins, I'll get my pasty and view from afar as the chaos begins! 

1 minute ago, Chairman Mao said:

I'm in the Atyeo (just at the bottom of s82), if I see you coming across could you wait 5 mins, I'll get my pasty and view from afar as the chaos begins! 

I think the end of season came at the right time as I really think a few more games and there was potential for it to kick off which would have been a pr disaster for the club

10 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Of course they should stay, Ashton Gate would be a morgue without them. Surprised it's even being debated!

What's a shame is the club going back on their original proposal to put them back in the South Stand and give them a terrible choice of displacing other fans in the Dolman or be shoved in the corner of the Atyeo.

From the clubs point of view, would you want some of the recent behaviour next to their much valued family section?

And before you say it, you couldn't fit the family section in section 82's current area, and you wouldn't want to put them next to the away support.

Find The whole 'Section 82' is a bit pathetic personally.  If you want to sit in the corner creating an atmosphere but the cheesy name. WTF

feel to have a section for fans to make a lot of noise but this self important group have grown tiresome very quickly.

its not a situation where they are crying because they were being moved out of a stand they have been in for 10minutes.

they are now costing the club money staying in that stand due to the potential for less away fans and also getting their discounted season tickets for reasons that are beyond me...and to boot they are now abusing the rest of the fan base. If it continues into next season the dolman WILL turn against them and the club will move them into the main stands.

personally due to the mentality of some fans I confidently predict next season Section 82 will probably kill them self off due to their own behaviour.

Personally I saw move them into the Atyeo end of the Williams and charge them the same as everyone else.

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Out of interest, do you think City will kick towards the SS in the second half next season - like yesterday?

Personally think they should start playing towards South Stand next season always make sense to play towards your loudest stand in second half.

not sure why didn't happen this season really....force of habit?

19 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

From the clubs point of view, would you want some of the recent behaviour next to their much valued family section?

And before you say it, you couldn't fit the family section in section 82's current area, and you wouldn't want to put them next to the away support.

They should have planned it better. Put their family section in the Williams or something, there's loads of space. In a bigger area, like the SS, more people in that stand would join in.

I'm of the opinion that the club want to gradually erode groups like S82 whilst appearing to accommodate them.

The club basically 'forgot' we have vocal support in the rebuild, the bodged solution of a tricky Atyeo compromise is a poor one. 

15 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

They should have planned it better. Put their family section in the Williams or something, there's loads of space. In a bigger area, like the SS, more people in that stand would join in.

I'm of the opinion that the club want to gradually erode groups like S82 whilst appearing to accommodate them.

The club basically 'forgot' we have vocal support in the rebuild, the bodged solution of a tricky Atyeo compromise is a poor one. 

I don't just think it's the club who want rid of section 82, fans are fed up with them. And please don't put section 82 in a bracket of being a vocal group, they are a confused group of people at best who are sometimes vocal but most the time act like children who have stolen a tin of beer of there old man and can't handle it. They are embarrassing to listen to and watch. 

32 minutes ago, Bowie said:

hey are now costing the club money staying in that stand

Fans in the Atyeo also earn the club money. They purchase. Atmosphere/fans attract more fans including the young into lifetimes of support.

We are all part of the club sat, stood, families or corporate. The Atyeo reflects that.

18 minutes ago, Spoons said:

I don't just think it's the club who want rid of section 82, fans are fed up with them. And please don't put section 82 in a bracket of being a vocal group, they are a confused group of people at best who are sometimes vocal but most the time act like children who have stolen a tin of beer of there old man and can't handle it. They are embarrassing to listen to and watch. 

Give it a rest.

You seem to be very upset about them calling other fans names (that's exactly what it was... they called you a name), yet every post of yours I've read on the subject consists of you calling them children, chavs, embarrassing, cringe worthy, people on benefits..... and then saying you want to punch them!!

Yes they shouldn't of called the dolman rude names, but you need to grow up just as much as them reading some of your responses.

26 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Are WE? The conversation around myself regarding the Atyeo was centred on the red, white and black flag. Section 82, 82 City played in a red, white and black kit, is that right? A cool thing. kids liked it as well. 

Do you know any of the individuals involved?

Archived