IGNORED

Section 82. Yes or No?

ZiderEyed

Section 82, Yes or No?  

212 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, Gilts said:

Laughable complaining about a few people having loud conversations. It's a football ground not a library. Also, so what if people were chucking the streamers, that is what they are there for, and is that going to hurt somebody? Overreaction.  

This comment is also quite funny, what did this 'benefits chav' do to upset you so much? All I saw him do on Saturday was have a good time and enjoy himself like 99% of the others in the stand.

He led the cu.. Songs.

In all the time I have supported City there has been an element of support that has wanted to sing and chant.

All clubs pretty much have this element amongst their support, how those clubs, and our club in particular manage this element is really what this discussion should be about.

I believe there is a distinct leaning amongst the clubs hierarchy to move away from the apparent organisation of vocal support toward a more general kind of support that manifests itself for instance when we score a goal, or are attacking for a sustained period, and that vocal support comes from pretty much all of the stadium.

there is no question the club has sought to control where the 'singers' are placed, and since the demise of the EE that has been so far as the club is concerned where they can be easily policed and out of the way so to speak.

Firstly stuck in the corner of the Williams where amazingly they were permitted to stand, probably the most dangerous place to stand in the entire ground as it was then.

Now numbers reduced and shoved into the furthest corner of the ground as far away from the prawn sandwich brigade and family section as possible.

The next move will be to give the whole of the Atyeo to away supporters, something that on every level would have been the sensible thing to do when the ground redevelopment was completed.

The reason that wasn't done was simply because the numbers that would have needed to be relocated were too large, and there was a danger that moving the group to another part of the stadium may have encouraged others to join them, something the club doesn't want.

As it stands some members of the S82 group are doing themselves no favours with the rest of the supporters with some of their behaviour, and it will only take one or two incidents next season when away supporters take up their full allocation for the club to be able to justify handing over the stand wholly to away fans the season after on the grounds of health and safety, the S82 group will then be dispersed amongst the other three stands and that will be that.

It will be interesting to see how the club plays things if we are drawn at home in the FA cup, will they allow standing anywhere in the stadium, or only in the top tier of the new stand? Or will they strictly impose a no standing rule, something that they won't be able to do with the away supporters?

1 minute ago, Countryfile said:

In all the time I have supported City there has been an element of support that has wanted to sing and chant.

All clubs pretty much have this element amongst their support, how those clubs, and our club in particular manage this element is really what this discussion should be about.

I believe there is a distinct leaning amongst the clubs hierarchy to move away from the apparent organisation of vocal support toward a more general kind of support that manifests itself for instance when we score a goal, or are attacking for a sustained period, and that vocal support comes from pretty much all of the stadium.

there is no question the club has sought to control where the 'singers' are placed, and since the demise of the EE that has been so far as the club is concerned where they can be easily policed and out of the way so to speak.

Firstly stuck in the corner of the Williams where amazingly they were permitted to stand, probably the most dangerous place to stand in the entire ground as it was then.

Now numbers reduced and shoved into the furthest corner of the ground as far away from the prawn sandwich brigade and family section as possible.

The next move will be to give the whole of the Atyeo to away supporters, something that on every level would have been the sensible thing to do when the ground redevelopment was completed.

The reason that wasn't done was simply because the numbers that would have needed to be relocated were too large, and there was a danger that moving the group to another part of the stadium may have encouraged others to join them, something the club doesn't want.

As it stands some members of the S82 group are doing themselves no favours with the rest of the supporters with some of their behaviour, and it will only take one or two incidents next season when away supporters take up their full allocation for the club to be able to justify handing over the stand wholly to away fans the season after on the grounds of health and safety, the S82 group will then be dispersed amongst the other three stands and that will be that.

It will be interesting to see how the club plays things if we are drawn at home in the FA cup, will they allow standing anywhere in the stadium, or only in the top tier of the new stand? Or will they strictly impose a no standing rule, something that they won't be able to do with the away supporters?

What have they done?

3 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Haha love it. So now I'm a crap auntie and now foster carer because I take my kids in the Atyeo. :facepalm:

It's probably not the best de scion you would have made, but not crap, also note I said section 82 not ateyo big difference

1 minute ago, Spoons said:

He led the cu.. Songs.

You could see and hear him starting that from the Dolman could you?

I was singing the "we're all singing over here" chant this week and I found it hilarious after the massive overreaction last week. It was done as a joke this week more than anything. Guys shouting the 'you *****' bit were stupid. 

2 minutes ago, Gilts said:

You could see and hear him starting that from the Dolman could you?

I was singing the "we're all singing over here" chant this week and I found it hilarious after the massive overreaction last week. It was done as a joke this week more than anything. Guys shouting the 'you *****' bit were stupid. 

Yes I could otherwise I wouldn't have said it!

5 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Haha love it. So now I'm a crap auntie and now foster carer because I take my kids in the Atyeo. :facepalm:

Don't drop to his level, people that know you know what a fantastic job you do with children......

4 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I think as adults who are responsible for looking after the welfare of children we all have a duty to protect them from older people who are unable to refrain from using unacceptable language and or threatening behaviour.

We shouldn't wrap our children in cotton wool, neither should we expose them to excesses of language or behaviour unnecessarily.

There would be no need to explain away those excesses if the young people weren't exposed them, presumably this is the reason for the club promoting the family section.

15 minutes ago, Gilts said:

Laughable complaining about a few people having loud conversations. It's a football ground not a library. Also, so what if people were chucking the streamers, that is what they are there for, and is that going to hurt somebody? Overreaction.  

Overreaction?…well, I got up and moved and a couple of days later posted on here. So no, not a massive reaction of any sort.

I travel a 100 mile round trip to watch the football…to watch Bristol City play…not dodge screwed up paper pellets being flung about by grown men acting like naughty kids in a classroom. 

And this football ground vs library nonsense…dear me…I'm all for a bit of noise to encourage the players, but I actually like to follow the game, which requires some concentration.

As an Atyeo season ticket holder:

The name is shit, really cringey for many reasons.

I want to be part of a group who sing and support loudly.

I dont want my language censored but calling your own fans Tuesdays is a step too far and I dont fancy being charred with that brush.

I would take my (admittedly non existent) child in there, good parenting will see they dont copy behaviour.

Wondering where in AG fits that criteria? 

Maybe the away end.

37 minutes ago, 42nite said:

I don't think the South Stand would welcome some of the S82 individuals into their fold willingly.

They seem to be doing ok as they are.

There's quite a nice little atmosphere going on in the SS now which will hopefully continue to grow next year.  Whether you can hear us in the different stands or not is a different matter, but it is there! 

Section 82 from my spot in the family section s25 in the South Stand, have helped generate a good atmosphere this season.

The only thing I don't like is the very audible chanting with the C U Next Tuesday word in it, especially when my 8 year old boy has been with me.

I don't understand even the point of this thread.

Webzcas it seems to be that a group of fans have got themselves together. Improved the atmosphere and made a stand more colourful. They have not been involved in anything negative and somehow are getting slagged off for it. 

1 minute ago, WTMS said:

Webzcas it seems to be that a group of fans have got themselves together. Improved the atmosphere and made a stand more colourful. They have not been involved in anything negative and somehow are getting slagged off for it. 

Looks good too :)

image.jpeg

In the old East End you would have chants of Knowle West ,replied to by another section of the East End with ,Fowl Pest,this is one of the printable ones !

I think people worrying about the c chant are being a bit precious.

The idea of going to football is to have a good time,if some of the younger ones in the Atyeo are a bit exuberant,good luck to them.

Anything they do to improve the atmosphere has to be a good thing.

We all support City in our own way,stupid slagging each other off.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Pretty sure they were singing that they 'would NOT be moved' on the weekend. 

It's these mixed messages that are causing all manner of confusion.

"They shall not be moved"

Well...until the club pull the rug out from underneath them at the end of next season and force them to move. 

2 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

100% keep them

100% they should be moved

100% they should stop acting like complete bellends 

Not just aimed at you but it seems completely hypocritical to complain about a minority of fans calling another set of fans ****s and then yourself call that set of fans 'complete bellends'. That doesn't really put you on moral high ground, does it?

2 hours ago, Andy082005 said:
30 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

"They shall not be moved"

Well...until the club pull the rug out from underneath them at the end of next season and force them to move. 

100% keep them

100% they should be moved

100% they should stop acting like complete bellends 

Can I ask again. Who are you referring to and what have they done that you find objectionable?

The individuals I know involved are raising money and then spending it on supporting Bristol City via the Atyeo stand.

A15_zpskhmsda2h.jpg

Is that worthy of being labelled a bellend, or are you referring to somebody else?

What appears to be happening is that a small group are being blamed for very little due to another small part of fandom chanting a naughty word, and then a thousand are condemned. 

6 minutes ago, WTMS said:

Can I ask again. Who are you referring to and what have they done that you find objectionable?

The individuals I know involved are raising money and then spending it on supporting Bristol City via the Atyeo stand.

A15_zpskhmsda2h.jpg

Is that worthy of being labelled a bellend, or are you referring to somebody else?

What appears to be happening is that a small group are being blamed for very little due to another small part of fandom chanting a naughty word, and then a thousand are condemned. 

Hey, I'm in that photo! Not being a "bell end"….not chanting naughty words...

(...and quietly hoping that despite the impressive display no one with a flag is going to be waving in front of me when the match kicks off…)

9 minutes ago, WTMS said:

A15_zpskhmsda2h.jpg

Probably will find myself in a minority, but I wish we eschewed flags of St George when choosing designs and styles of flags and banners to wave.

Archived