IGNORED

Keepie Uppies (aka Tomlins): how many can you do?

Jack Dawe

We all know the measure of a footballer is how many Tomlins you can do. Forget all the stats and this objective/subjective new-fangled scouting tosh. Keepie uppies tells you all you need to know. And frankly, if you can't do more than Tomlin managed Saturday (a pretty poor effort, Lee. Keep trying though, bud) then you aren't going to make it.

In my prime, I was in the hundreds but I've just been out in the garden and managed a respectable eight (8) only interrupted by a bloody ginger cat looking to do one behind my Forsythia shrub, so it needed chasing off. Still, that's better than Lee on Saturday (and he had less distractions). I'll be back out later (after elevenses) to get up into double figures.

I reckon I could do more than a few on here, definitely more than @spudski (:thumbsup:) or @Robbored and maybe more than @Major Isewater, @Dollymarie or @BigTone too. 

How many can you do - can you manage more than Lee Tomlin on Saturday?

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It won't be long before a "where do you sit?"  thread............ffs.......:grr:

Where do you sit in the keepie uppie stakes, Robbo? Down in the relegation zone??

1 minute ago, Jack Dawe said:

Where do you sit in the keepie uppie stakes, Robbo? Down in the relegation zone??

I haven't done "keepie uppies" in 25 years ever since I stopped playing. I did used to be able to transfer the ball from foot to foot whilst lying on my back for of showing off. I definitely couldn't to it now tho...

5 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

We all know the measure of a footballer is how many Tomlins you can do. Forget all the stats and this objective/subjective new-fangled scouting tosh. Keepie uppies tells you all you need to know. And frankly, if you can't do more than Tomlin managed Saturday (a pretty poor effort, Lee. Keep trying though, bud) then you aren't going to make it.

In my prime, I was in the hundreds but I've just been out in the garden and managed a respectable eight (8) only interrupted by a bloody ginger cat looking to do one behind my Forsythia shrub, so it needed chasing off. Still, that's better than Lee on Saturday (and he had less distractions). I'll be back out later (after elevenses) to get up into double figures.

I reckon I could do more than a few on here, definitely more than @spudski (:thumbsup:) or @Robbored and maybe more than @Major Isewater, @Dollymarie or @BigTone too. 

Get yourself one of these. Improved my game and I can now do 20 :P..

http://iamfootballcrazy.co.uk/shop/uncategorized/kickmaster-close-football-control-shoot-pass-trainer-soccer-skills-practice-set/

19 minutes ago, Craven arms said:

I'll do 50-60 probably more comes down to fitness in the end.

Precisely, and I think you need to bulk up a bit, although you also look like you're carrying a bit more timber than before

22 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

I'll raise your 8 with 76...my best effort yesterday JD...although I did embarrass myself doing a cruyff turn and falling flat on my face! Can do way more bouncing a golf ball on the face of my Sand wedge nowadays :-)

23 hours ago, Robbored said:

I haven't done "keepie uppies" in 25 years ever since I stopped playing. I did used to be able to transfer the ball from foot to foot whilst lying on my back for of showing off. I definitely couldn't to it now tho...

You shouldn't have a problem now, as your balls get lower and lower as you get older!

Archived