IGNORED

Gerry Gow

cider head

Gerry Gow - my City hero. I gave my t shirt (with the image of Gerry gripping a gas player around the neck with the line 'there's only one team in Bristol') to his daughter a few years back when I spent a day with them down in Dorset. She was so chuffed that her Dad was still remembered so fondly by Bristol City fans. Top top bloke, lovely family.

Fight hard GG, brave Scottish warrior, we're all behind you.

His quote from 2011 rings so true right now: "I knew I was popular at Bristol City as a player, I knew I was in their hearts,  but I didn't know how much, it's brilliant..."

Stay strong legend...

16 minutes ago, CGow said:

Thank u all for ur kind support , dad had been diagnosed with cancer it's going to be one hell of a battle but if anybody can beat this ****ing thing it's my dad , cheers Chris 

Chris, please let your dad know just how much every City supporter, everywhere wants him to beat this terrible disease. He's a hero for all of us. Be strong for him. Give him our love.

32 minutes ago, CGow said:

Thank u all for ur kind support , dad had been diagnosed with cancer it's going to be one hell of a battle but if anybody can beat this ****ing thing it's my dad , cheers Chris 

Best wishes to you, your family and your dad! 

Absolute diamond. Never shirked a challenge and was the heart beat of the best City team I've watched in my lifetime. Not only 'hard' but a quality footballer with a great touch.

A born winner. Whatever the odds, we're backing you. 

Gerry played before my time but i think i know everything about his City career through my dad, he is my dads favourite player and after just telling him this awful news he is in bits.

Best wishes to Gerry and all his family....Legend!

Chris

Gerry and the rest of your family have got the whole Bristol City family behind you all.  We often get arguments on here about who should, or shouldn't have legend status at BCFC.  I've NEVER heard ANYONE argue against your dad being right right up there with the very best of them.  A total legend in every sense.

i had the privilage of watching him play many times and he never shirked on anything.  To be honest, if he can't beat this terrible desease, there really is no hope for us mere mortals.

Stay strong and all our thoughts and hopes are with you all.

Best wishes to my all time favourite BCFC player and I watched John Atyeo play for 8/9 years, Gerry is my king of the gate.

I showed this photo to a friend of who was on the books of the gas at the same time as this photo was taken and I said "there is only one hard man in this photo" to which he replied "too right and it ain't Frankie Prince.

Get well soon Gerry Gow a true BCFC legend.

2s0hf9j.jpg

Gerry Gow ... no more needs to said, watched him from the East End  in the old second division when I first started watching City in the 70s, arguably the finest midfielder we have ever had. Get well soon warrior.

8 minutes ago, Creech Red said:

Gerry Gow ... no more needs to said, watched him from the East End  in the old second division when I first started watching City in the 70s, arguably the finest midfielder we have ever had. Get well soon warrior.

No argument about it in my book - he is the finest midfielder we've ever had.

Radio Five Live's Saturday morning Fighting Talk used to be compered by Jonathan Pearce. My hair used to tingle every time he mentioned his hero.-..........Gerry Gow. He wanted to talk about him so much.

What a privilege it was for me to have seen the best player the Gate has ever seen wearing the number 4 shirt. He was brilliant at Man City as well, especially in their Cup Final match with Spurs.

Hopefully Gerry will be able to beat Cancer like my wife has done. ....but even though I love her, she never wore the number 4 shirt!

Get well soon Gerry. Thanks Chris for posting your news of your Dad. 

We'll be praying for you all. 

6 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Radio Five Live's Saturday morning Fighting Talk used to be compered by Jonathan Pearce. My hair used to tingle every time he mentioned his hero.-..........Gerry Gow. He wanted to talk about him so much.

What a privilege it was for me to have seen the best player the Gate has ever seen wearing the number 4 shirt. He was brilliant at Man City as well, especially in their Cup Final match with Spurs.

Hopefully Gerry will be able to beat Cancer like my wife has done. ....but even though I love her, she never wore the number 4 shirt!

Get well soon Gerry. Thanks Chris for posting your news of your Dad. 

We'll be praying for you all. 

He`s still a bit of a hero to some of their older fans - is there any way we could get something on one of their forums as I`m sure many up there would be interested.

7 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

He`s still a bit of a hero to some of their older fans - is there any way we could get something on one of their forums as I`m sure many up there would be interested.

They're already talking about it. Seems it's not just us that love him.

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/gerry-gow.321695/

Thanks for the link.
Best two posts on the Blue Moon thread  for Gerry so far. .. 

I'll never forget the banner a Wembley in 81 Gerry Gow is a taxidermist he stuffs Cockerels, classic hope he makes a full recovery .

Anyone remember the Tottenham fan invading the pitch at Wembley, and trying to get at Gow?
Probably just as well that the Police nicked him because Gerry wasn't retreating.

Archived