IGNORED

JETS LAST GAME?

cityred exile

Anybody on here think will make an appearance on Saturday?  I only ask because his last start  was against us for MK DONS  since then I think he has only had 10 min as a sub,  Not up for the relegation fight there  back in London now  but think out JFH plans     I'm going to make a bold prediction here that this summer he will retire and walk away from football an " do his own thing" (if he can be bothered!) wasted talent in the excess!

1 minute ago, cityred exile said:

Anybody on here think will make an appearance on Saturday?  I only ask because his last start  was against us for MK DONS  since then I think he has only had 10 min as a sub,  Not up for the relegation fight there  back in London now  but think out JFH plans     I'm going to make a bold prediction here that this summer he will retire and walk away from football an " do his own thing" (if he can be bothered!) wasted talent in the excess!

What a waste of a talent. I personally don't feel he has any real interest in football. 

6 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

What a waste of a talent. I personally don't feel he has any real interest in football. 

Not often we agree mate but have to here. It`s a means for him to get the money and time for him to do what he really wants to do which isn`t turning out at Rotherham on a cold Tuesday in November. Such a waste of a talent as many have said many times. I`m just appreciative that I was there to witness some of those sublime moments that he gave us when he was here.

31 minutes ago, cityred exile said:

Just say he is on 15k a week at QPR , and you honestly think he is going to walk away from his contract :rofl2br:

10 minutes ago, Doozerchris said:

I'll have a little bet with you that it will never happen.

Not saying that's what will happen - just that it's a possibility in that position. JFH has made it clear JET doesn't feature in his plans, it's unlikely anyone will match those wages, so QPR would probably welcome  getting rid and not having someone on the books on that sort of money. But just speculation...!!!

QPR have no interest of playing him, it's established that he lacks the application for football, sitting on the sidelines & getting paid for it seems like exactly what he'll do. Seems ridiculous to imagine he'd cancel a contract for free money.

He achieved something with us &  Donny as well so it's up to his club manager to get the best out of him.

JET for the last couple of seasons & Tomlin this season. These types of players are rare breeds indeed.

He gave us all so many fond memories.

Perhaps it just proves that the likes of McCarthy, Robinson & JFH just can't manage a gifted and talented off the cuff players like JET.

He succeeded here, witness the mutual respect and applause he gave and received at the end of the QPR home match.

Respect.

2 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Right in to the corner in front of them too mind. I went totally apeshit.

Ha, yeah....as soon as he struck it you knew it was going in. When he was lining up to shoot I was near the gates at the side of the EastEnd, seconds after it hit the back of the net I found myself by the netting in the middle. :clapping:

13 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Ha, yeah....as soon as he struck it you knew it was going in. When he was lining up to shoot I was near the gates at the side of the EastEnd, seconds after it hit the back of the net I found myself by the netting in the middle. :clapping:

Me too.

My seat was in the Williams.

7 hours ago, italian dave said:

It's possible to agree terms to terminate it....

Yes it is.  Not without JET getting a hefty payout first though.  He's in a no lose situation: stay and get paid for doing nothing, leave and get a handsome payout and do nothing.

Don't really understand why he's failed at QPR - scored 5 goals in 16 appearances this season, not all of those were starts. Last season for us was probably his best, he could do well for another L1 club if no Championship teams come in for him.

13 hours ago, cityred exile said:

Not sure he'll want to chuck his boots in and am sure another club will take a punt on him; as you say he's a talent who has turned it on in some places (us, Donny and I think he did well for Cardiff too) whilst having some bad moves - Ipswich, QPR, MK Dons.

Even Nicky Hunt can still get a professional deal. I think JET will take the wages for as long as his career is short, it could fund his outside ventures. If he can get a deal at a club which pays him decently, at a lower standard and gives him a weaker leash could be a good move all round. I think somewhere like Milwall or Leyton Orient would work well.

Archived