IGNORED

Chelsea v spurs

Super

I had a lot of respect for Spurs, I admired the way they play, I admired that they give young players a chance, but after watching that game I have absolutely zero respect for them anymore. Bad bad bad losers. The thought of little old Leicester beating them to the title clearly drove them insane. Absolutely no need for their behaviour tonight. Purely disgusting and I for one am super glad they will not be champions.

7 hours ago, Just Red said:

Absolutely delighted for them, even I have a tear in my eye. Very much doubt we will see anything like this again for a very long time.

Leicester winning the Prem is Real Roy of the Rovers stuff.  An absolutely spectacular achievement.  Well done to them.  Be interesting to see how they kick on from here - they certainly have the cash to make a lasting impact.

8 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Clatenberg had a mare IMO should have sent 3 Tottenham ThugSpurs players off tonight and possibly more, shocking from them.

To be fair it was a difficult game to officiate. Any  referee would have found it hard going. The players weren't helping matters at all.

8 hours ago, Just Red said:

I had a lot of respect for Spurs, I admired the way they play, I admired that they give young players a chance, but after watching that game I have absolutely zero respect for them anymore. Bad bad bad losers. The thought of little old Leicester beating them to the title clearly drove them insane. Absolutely no need for their behaviour tonight. Purely disgusting and I for one am super glad they will not be champions.

Did you watch it on your sky sports subscription?  Hope not.

2 hours ago, Cunnyfunt said:

To be fair it was a difficult game to officiate. Any  referee would have found it hard going. The players weren't helping matters at all.

Yes, and I don't think Sky or the Prem's overseas customers would want to see 10 Chelsea v 8 Spurs players. Or an abandoned game due to 6 reds or however many it takes for that. Refs are not simply there to apply the rules of the game, they are also there to keep the show on the road and make sure the most important objective is achieved: the maximisation of consumer interest, value for advertisers and commercial partners, and thus financial profit.

8 hours ago, Just Red said:

How many spurs players should have had two yellows or a straight red? They lost it big time and so glad they did not get the title.

But they will learn and be thereabouts next season.

1 minute ago, cidered abroad said:

How many spurs players should have had two yellows or a straight red? They lost it big time and so glad they did not get the title.

But they will learn and be thereabouts next season.

Rose, Dier, Walker, Dembele and Lamela really all should of got red cards.

2 minutes ago, Super said:

Rose, Dier, Walker, Dembele and Lamela really all should of got red cards.

Going by the letter of the law. And if football was merely a sport. But it isn't. It is a business. Referees are mere employees in a huge global business, there to do as they are told. There to keep the show on the road. Wake up, folks!

6 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Going by the letter of the law. And if football was merely a sport. But it isn't. It is a business. Referees are mere employees in a huge global business, there to do as they are told. There to keep the show on the road. Wake up, folks!

Do have sympathy for him it was an impossible game to referee, he was never helped out by his officials.

2 hours ago, Cunnyfunt said:

I understand missing Walkers little flick out on Costa, but Dembele's gouge on Costa and the stamp on Fabregas's hand by an already booked Lamela were directly in front of the lino and he bottled it both times.

Rose and Dier were poor mistakes by Clatenberg Rose should have been booked for his first foul and sent off for the foul and subsequent clash with Willian and Dier already booked should been booked for a 2nd time for another bad foul.

4 minutes ago, Super said:

Do have sympathy for him it was an impossible game to referee, he was never helped out by his officials.

A lot of refereeing appears to now be done retrospectively, via the use of tv replays. Players will be punished from last night and will miss games coming up. But those games to come will have, or at least start with, 11 v 11, and the game last night was 11 v 11. This is important. If last night had seen 3 Spurs sent off and Chelsea cantered to an easy win, the spectacle is diminished. Instead, we had a gripping encounter, a real contest, with the outcome undecided until the final whistle, plus numerous talking points.

And the tills keep ringing. Kerching

11 hours ago, Just Red said:

So you would rather Spurs an established Premiership side won it? Rather than the underdogs? Strange.

Enjoy your sky sports subscription.

To be honest I just can't help willing on whoever are in second place!! Something about watching a team reel a lead back in that I find exciting.

Basically Leicester have been top for so long that I found myself wanting teams to chase them down.

Do think Spurs will get a fine for last night. First team in PL history to get 9 yellows. In a way part of Chelsea's game plan was to drag it into a brawl and it worked.

• Admin

The thing with the referee if he hadn't bottled giving a firmer punishment for those that went unpunished it was a clear indicator to those on the pitch that he was going to let things go

If he'd red carded one of the earlier offences who is to say they may not have been a bit more cautious - but then again if they ended with 9 men etc it happens (as we know)

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Do think Spurs will get a fine for last night. First team in PL history to get 9 yellows. In a way part of Chelsea's game plan was to drag it into a brawl and it worked.

If the FA are consistent as per last few weeks, there will no doubt be some retrospective punishments and bans being delivered to WHL.

Any team to get over 5 bookings in a match automatically get a fine. 

Last night was a classic example of referee not punishing early challenges properly, and the players realising this and almost treating it as a free for all.

He lost control. Drinkwater got sent off on Sunday and he should get the fair play award and not a red card, if his offences were compared to last night.

17 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

I thought ref did OK in very unusual and difficult circumstances. But how he didn't go back and book Dier for his 2nd horrible challenge I've no idea.

There was just so much going on in the game just think it got too much for him in the end. Haven't seen a game like that for a very long time, actually found it a great watch.

18 hours ago, RedDave said:

BREAKING: Unconfirmed rumours coming out of the Chelsea dressing room that John Terry is currently getting changed into a Leicester kit.

Joking aside, I think Chelsea were a total embarrassment, they got back to 2-2 and then just wasted time,took the ball into the corner etc etc. If they were 3-2 up I could understand it, surely winning the game should have been more important than just trying to stop Spurs from keeping the title race open. 

4 hours ago, Super said:

There was just so much going on in the game just think it got too much for him in the end. Haven't seen a game like that for a very long time, actually found it a great watch.

Even my missus enjoyed it,it was like a Sunday morning game,if it moves kick it.

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

Joking aside, I think Chelsea were a total embarrassment, they got back to 2-2 and then just wasted time,took the ball into the corner etc etc. If they were 3-2 up I could understand it, surely winning the game should have been more important than just trying to stop Spurs from keeping the title race open. 

They made no denial of wanting to stop them winning the league. I guess that was illustrated on this point. 

the game was like the 2010 World Cup final Spain v holland where Howard Webb bottled sending off de Jong, after that he had lost control of game, thought ref last night did the same. Should have been more firm with players early in second half . Love the stat in last 13 mins spurs had no shots on goals but 4 yellow cards, then completly lost the plot

Archived