IGNORED

Chelsea v spurs

Super

5 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Never liked Leicester and not gonna start now.  Wanted Spurs to win it as they play better football and I have a few good mates who support them. 

Spurs have at times played some lovely lovely football.

Across a long old season Leicester have picked up seven more points, and therefore completely deserve this. Incredible really. 

It has to be said that just looking at the fact that Leicester have won the league with two games to spare with 77 points shows how poor the rest of the prem has been this year.

That said you can only beat what's in front of you.

Congratulations Leicester, incredible achievement! 

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

Spurs have at times played some lovely lovely football.

Across a long old season Leicester have picked up seven more points, and therefore completely deserve this. Incredible really. 

Spurs lost the plot tonight having said that they too have had a great season.

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I'm not sure there's ever been a more astonishing sporting achievement at all!

I was wondering how this compares to Nottingham Forest getting promotion from our league, and then over the next three going Division 1 title, European Cup, European Cup. Different times of course, and much more difficult for teams to break in to those with Champions League money, and allowing for that think this is up there.

2 minutes ago, cityexile said:

I was wondering how this compares to Nottingham Forest getting promotion from our league, and then over the next three going Division 1 title, European Cup, European Cup. Different times of course, and much more difficult for teams to break in to those with Champions League money, and allowing for that think this is up there.

Apparently Forest would have been about 500/1 to win the First Division in their first season

Spurs players totally lost the plot.

However, imagine if we were in a similar position last season and had to go to Swindon knowing that we had to win to have any chance of promotion and didn't do it, and had to put up with their players feigning injury and surrounding the referee, their fanbase rubbing it in etc. I wouldn't expect us to take it well either. 

Some cracking posts on here.

Andy King becomes the first player to win a league 1, Championship and Premier League title with the same team. It's that kind of freakness which will have most fans of all teams outside the top tier just dreaming a little, with Leicesters achievement.

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Still trying to work out how Dier didn't get either a second yellow or a straight red for the tackle at the end 

He waved play on, but had to go back to it surely later. Not Clattenburgs finest game by a long chalk. Both sets of players did not help him much, but far to much let go.

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

Still trying to work out how Dier didn't get either a second yellow or a straight red for the tackle at the end 

The last 10 minutes would have been a complete nightmare to referee.  There were about 8 bad fouls, 4 meles and a lot of people involving themselves in nonsense.  You can't blame the ref for the players' behaviour.

Can't believe there are some City fans who didn't want Leicester to win it. It's not all that long ago Leicester were in League one and also playing us. This achievement gives me hope that one day, just maybe we may be able to do it also. This is what football is all about.

6 minutes ago, Just Red said:

Can't believe there are some City fans who didn't want Leicester to win it. It's not all that long ago Leicester were in League one and also playing us. This achievement gives me hope that one day, just maybe we may be able to do it also. This is what football is all about.

I don't like Leicester.  Hope that's okay.

whether Leicester won it or finished second, it has no affect on Bristol City. 

1 minute ago, RedDave said:

I don't like Leicester.  Hope that's okay.

whether Leicester won it or finished second, it has no affect on Bristol City. 

So you would rather Spurs an established Premiership side won it? Rather than the underdogs? Strange.

Enjoy your sky sports subscription.

2 minutes ago, Just Red said:

So you would rather Spurs an established Premiership side won it? Rather than the underdogs? Strange.

Enjoy your sky sports subscription.

I don't subscribe to Sky Sports.  What is your problem?

I don't like Leicester.  Apparently that is NOT okay. 

44 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Never liked Leicester and not gonna start now.  Wanted Spurs to win it as they play better football and I have a few good mates who support them. 

Got a few mates who support them too. **** 'em though, they should support their local team!!

1 hour ago, The Bard said:

The last 10 minutes would have been a complete nightmare to referee.  There were about 8 bad fouls, 4 meles and a lot of people involving themselves in nonsense.  You can't blame the ref for the players' behaviour.

You can blame him for being as soft as ****. 

Archived