IGNORED

Congrats to LCFC

Tomo

No team ever wins whatever league their in without being the best team and no-one can say that Lecester City are not the best. That's why the Champions medal is so highly prized.

They fully deserve it. Well done,  :clap:

The only way i can describe this to people that dont like football is imagine a druggy cleaning up his life and becoming primeminister in the space of 3 years.

serious congratulations to Leicester and everyone connected to the club.

Proof that money doesn't necessarily buy you everything. Credit where it's due I think they've lost 3 games all season, and have a squad with a mentality and togetherness similar to ours last season.

The "big" clubs though, must be looking at themselves and thinking, that should be us because everyone else has been so poor. Man Utd/City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea - reputation doesn't guarantee you anything, neither does throwing millions at your squads (although it does help).

I think this is tremendous for English football - something like this has been needed for a long time. I'd put money on Leicester being unable to successfully defends their title though.

Well done Leicester City - Premier League champions. 

Congrats LCFC!

Only under very specific circumstances though, it has to be said - a perfect storm if you like.

Man utd  succumbed to the post Fergie era (as they had to), Chelsea had a very strange start to the season. Liverpool are growing in stature but too late this season and man city made a ridiculous decision to announce a managerial change at a crucial time. Arsenal have just been arsenal. Probably their best chance but as usual just bottled it.

If it does happen again, I can't imagine it will be this side of 2050.

2 minutes ago, Pezo said:

The only way i can describe this to people that dont like football is imagine a druggy cleaning up his life and becoming primeminister in the space of 3 years.

serious congratulations to Leicester and everyone connected to the club.

Best description I have read is it is like the Jamaican Bob Sleigh team actually winning the Olympic Gold. 

Oh god, Lineker will be unbearable now.

Christian Fuchs has tweeted a video of the team together at Jamie Vardy's house watching the match tonight. 
There were comments on the radio yesterday when Leicester got off the team bus at OT to the effect that none of them were wearing those stupid headphones, instead they were talking to each other
They are a proper team who are willing to fight for each other instead of a collection of expensive footballists. They have shown it can be done and it might inspire other "lesser" teams outside the usual suspects.

Wanted Spurs to win it for my own reasons but credit where it's due. 

Fair play Leicester. Unbelievable story. Maybe it goes to show that heart & team work still can triumph at the top level. Breath of fresh air this season & fully deserved. The video footage of all the Leicester team celebrating together with a few beers is just amazing. None of the big time, over paid & over rated players out of touch with reality that we are made to believe are better than they are. That there is true team spirit. Unbelievable!

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

No team ever wins whatever league their in without being the best team and no-one can say that Lecester City are not the best. That's why the Champions medal is so highly prized.

They fully deserve it. Well done,  :clap:

Not to do with Bristol city zzzzzzzzzz

Bear in mind that Leicester is about half the size of Bristol and we are the largest English city never to have hosted a Premier League club.

The fantastic achievement of Leicester City this season should give us hope for the future.

Of course, first we have to get into the PL - but if you were at the game on Saturday you would have heard SL saying that is in the "progress" plan.

Fantastic and life affirming achievement, can't add much to what others have said. 

Two observations on a couple of photos being used everywhere:

#1 Front of BBC News website tonight and one of papers tomorrow has Leicesfer fans celebrating Chelsea equaliser... wearing Champions t-shirts. Really? I don't know many who would wear shirts like that before it was confirmed.

#2 Vardy's party and photo on front page of Sun (see newspaper front covers on BBC News website, wouldn't buy it) has about 8 or 9 players in shot (no Mahrez) but there's Liam Moore loving it. Did nothing for us, has he played for them?

Archived